SRITI JHA FC - 9 - "With a Flair for Words........." - Page 14

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I am sharing this here... in case somebody misses something..
mina, if ya don't mind.. ðŸ˜ģ
⭐ïļ 😎
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flutterby

uff!!!!! why do you always make me do the hard work? 😆
so.. I was talking about certain parallels.. between the lion and our bolly/ telly actors..
first read this post and then go back to read the story again.. 😛 ( if you had phaargotten)
the lion is the bolly/ tv actors.. zoo in india means Bollywood and tv ki duniya respectively.. meat is likened to their roles in bolly/tv respectively.. the lion being unhappy with 1kg meat is similar to the actors not being happy with their current roles whatever they have..
so the lion is transferred to the us zoo.. bolly actors shifting buriya/bistar to holly and tv actors to bolly land respectively.. they are happyinitially with what they might get.. bananas for the lion means itsy bitsy roles in holly and tv land for bolly/ tv actors respectively.. 😛
the only difference is the lion gets angry at being given bananas and cant come back, while some bolly/ tv actors continue doing itsy bitsy roles ya come back to what they were doing earlier...
now samaj aaying something? 😛

LOL whate coincidence! Was just reading a TC article which had me guffawing in derision ðŸĪĢ. Dunno who wrote it but honestly they are living in some kind of bubble or alternate universe. See for yourself 😛

5 Reasons TV Is Better Than Bollywood Right Now

It's pretty obvious that Bollywood is losing its mojo to its more interesting sister, the small screen. Whether it's in terms of content or story arcs, TV is becoming the new B-Town. We trace five reasons for this shift...read on:

Original Idea:

Movies that are being churned out these days are either remakes or reboots that have zero original content in them. Much like its western counterpart, Bollywood is relying on sequels and prequels to entertain audiences. Except a couple of brilliant movies from the houses of Vishal Bharadwaj and Raju Hirani, there's nothing else to talk about in Bollywood. On the other hand, TV shows have better plots and original ideas as it's an everyday process. From Kapil Sharma's charming comedy to Jodha Akbar's exquisite storytelling, TV is booming like no other medium.

Content-Driven Character Arcs:

In a 90-minute movie, there's not much you can do to build elaborate character arcs and sub-plots. You rely on the protagonists or the antagonists to make a movie. While daily soaps and televisions series have the liberty to explore any character or plot. This is what sets this medium apart from its 70mm cousin.

Not Brand Conscious:

If you have been a keen observer of Bollywood movies of late, you would have seen a number or brands being 'strategically' placed in between scenes. It's called in-film branding aka 'shamelessly selling your products to bored cinema goers'. This doesn't happen with soaps. Even if a product does get placed, it's more subtle and refined than Bollywood. And definitely less annoying. We know that advertisers are putting in their cash to make a movie work, but this awful branding is making the viewers lose interest in the movies and the brands.

Characters Become Part of Our Lifestyle:

Whether it's American shows like Breaking Bad or our very own Laut Aao Trisha, the characters become a major part of our lifestyle. We laugh, cry and fall in love with them. Because they come to our living rooms day after day. This is certainly not possible in movies. We might connect with a character, but it won't stay with us for long. That's why actors on the small screen have a wider fan following than their Bollywood counterparts.

Best Writing is Happening on TV:

Let's not argue over this point. We all know that the best writing and most interesting plots are happing on television more than the big screen. Bollywood is repetitive, high on bling quotient and focused on spending ridiculous amount on promotions and marketing. As opposed to TV that is using all its resources in coming up with entertaining features and long form stories.

Tell us what you think of this new shift. Are you a Bolly fan or crazy about soaps? Hit the comment section below.

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
ðŸĪĄ whaaat the Fffing..??? ðŸ˜ĩ
original idea..
now this is laughable... who are they kidding? tv shows have better plots and original ideas? yeah, right! can they tell me why certain tv soaps are being put on air and taken off air.. yahan toh mujhe creativity nazar nahin aati!!
even the so called, much touted jodha Akbar had been adapted by ashutosh gowarikar before la unity did.. ðŸĨą
content driven character arcs
yeah ðŸĪĢ right!!! pls exshplain why the female characters are acting dumber than the dumbest while their male counterparts are abusive than the most abusive people
brand conscious... haan.. this I have seen.. the brands are blurred.. but that is mainly coz the big guns don't think of putting their money in tv.. things are changing now.. I havev seen certain tv actors promoting products.. those detergents, and online shopping sites, not the products that bolly stars promote.. but on the whole..
how on earth can this be a talking point of tv to score over bolly? ðŸĪĄ
becoming part of lyfeisshtyle.. but over time, don't we phaarget the tv actor ka role as well? tv actors having a bigger f... do they know that we are laughing at this lame article to distinguish between bolly and tv?
I think tv actor ki hazaar following is much more than bolly actors ka karodon mein following fpr these chaps.
aur yeh kya?? ðŸĪĄ phirst aur lashht point isssame to issame.. naat phair.. article wale.. aise copy, paste karke nahin marne ka.. kahin se bhi kuch bhi.. 😆
flutterby thumbnail
zephyr29 thumbnail

ðŸĪĄ whaaat the Fffing..??? ðŸ˜ĩ

original idea..
now this is laughable... who are they kidding? tv shows have better plots and original ideas? yeah, right! can they tell me why certain tv soaps are being put on air and taken off air.. yahan toh mujhe creativity nazar nahin aati!!
even the so called, much touted jodha Akbar had been adapted by ashutosh gowarikar before la unity did.. ðŸĨą
content driven character arcs
yeah ðŸĪĢ right!!! pls exshplain why the female characters are acting dumber than the dumbest while their male counterparts are abusive than the most abusive people
brand conscious... haan.. this I have seen.. the brands are blurred.. but that is mainly coz the big guns don't think of putting their money in tv.. things are changing now.. I havev seen certain tv actors promoting products.. those detergents, and online shopping sites, not the products that bolly stars promote.. but on the whole..
how on earth can this be a talking point of tv to score over bolly? ðŸĪĄ
becoming part of lyfeisshtyle.. but over time, don't we phaarget the tv actor ka role as well? tv actors having a bigger f... do they know that we are laughing at this lame article to distinguish between bolly and tv?
I think tv actor ki hazaar following is much more than bolly actors ka karodon mein following fpr these chaps.
aur yeh kya?? ðŸĪĄ phirst aur lashht point isssame to issame.. naat phair.. article wale.. aise copy, paste karke nahin marne ka.. kahin se bhi kuch bhi.. 😆

Such articles are not even worth commenting on ðŸĨą...all we can hope for is the people who write them to finally get a reality check or come out of their bubble ðŸĪŠ
zephyr29 thumbnail
Hey are these pics from some offscreen segment or from the show?

flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Such articles are not even worth commenting on ðŸĨą...all we can hope for is the people who write them to finally get a reality check or come out of their bubble ðŸĪŠ

they wont... Sleepy what makes you think they will come out of dream land?
flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Hey are these pics from some offscreen segment or from the show?

wow!!!! if these are onscreen moments... 😛 then I can see ATs finishing off in record time...
if not, then * cough* there can be some heart burn somewhere, certain denials, and certain statements to be made in some magically fast.. (almost) articles to sprout up 😆
ahh.. I think maybe I shd stop here.. lest I give something to somebody to chew on.. 😛 😈
* oh no, too late*
flutterby thumbnail
I think... someone had also posted avis of the above two pics... do ya think we could get some extra clues? or shd we outright ask someone? zephy??
wait.. let me search..
see, in that first siggy... a man comes in front of the camera... so its definitely offscreen... 😈
hence proved!!! 😛
Edited by flutterby - 9 years ago
zephyr29 thumbnail

wow!!!! if these are onscreen moments... 😛 then I can see ATs finishing off in record time...
if not, then * cough* there can be some heart burn somewhere, certain denials, and certain statements to be made in some magically fast.. (almost) articles to sprout up 😆
ahh.. I think maybe I shd stop here.. lest I give something to somebody to chew on.. 😛 😈
* oh no, too late*

This definitely seems onscreen

Dream sequence perhaps? Haven't you watched it yet ðŸ˜ģ?
Edited by zephyr29 - 9 years ago