Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Chapter 21

After almost a week Swayam found himself back at Sharon's doorstep.

"Swayam? What are doing here?" Sharon said surprised.

"I miss my girlfriend and wanted to meet her." He said.

"You have very bad timing. I was just leaving for work." Sharon said.

"That's today? I thought it was tomorrow." Swayam replied.

"Well it's today and I have to leave now." Sharon said.

"Actually Sharon I wanted to talk to you about something." Swayam said.

"Okay you have 5 minutes. Shoot." Sharon said.

"You know how you entered the dance competition and came third. You enjoyed it so much and it made you do happy." Swayam said.

"I remember that Swayam but I think you're just going in circles." Sharon said impatiently.

"Right. It's just that I thought after the show ended you would focus more on dancing." Swayam said nervously.

"I feel like it's a heavy topic and I really can't talk about this now. Do you want me to be late on the first day?" Sharon said.

"Of course I don't love but we will talk about this later." Swayam said.

"Alright. Now let's go. Don't you also have work to do?" Sharon replied.

"Ah yes. I'm really not sure how I'll be able to convince these people. They are dead set on their ideas and don't want any changes in them which frankly is not possible." Swayam said.

"I'm sure you'll convince them. Just be the charming self you always are." Sharon assured him.

"So you find me charming Sharon Rai Prakash." Swayam said leaning towards her.

"Not now Shekhawat. In a normal situation I would be furiously blushing but now I'm too stressed because I'll be late because of my boyfriend." Sharon said.

"And your boyfriend has a motorcycle which can reach any location pretty quickly." Swayam said.

"Not if my boyfriend is riding it." Sharon answered.

"Ouch Sharon. Your boyfriend is right in front of you, can't you be a bit gentle." He said.

"I don't think so. Can we leave already?" Sharon replied.

"After you." Swayam said and opened the door for her.

So they both left Sharon's flat with both of their heads buzzing with thoughts. Swayam didn't want to talk about this topic right now itself but it had been going on his mind for a long time and the more he delayed it, the more it would have made him restless. He knew that it would definitely lead to an argument even if it could be a small one but he had to do something about it. He had never seen anybody in his personal life working towards achieving their dreams. His father started working at a very young age to support his family while his mother had to stop working because she felt that was the best for the upbringing of the children. He himself had never particularly had something he dreamt about that he wanted to passionately fulfill. He couldn't just let Sharon throw her dream of being a dancer on the backseat like she has been doing.

Sharon on the other end was confused as to why Swayam to talk about this topic right now. She knew he only wanted the best for her but she made her decision after a lot of thoughtful thinking. The fact was even thought she started the managing job just as a source of income, over the course of time it became more than that. She enjoyed every aspect of it, even the neurotic deadlines. She was excited for today and it would be a good experience to work with children. As she thought about Swayam, she knew they had to clear out the talk. The more quickly a discussion is solved, the better it was.

Swayam quietly rode as they both were in deep thoughts. When he stopped in front of Sharon's new workplace, Sharon got down and stopped him before he went to his.

"Thank you Swayam." Sharon said with a smile.

"Anytime Sharon. All the best for today." He replied.

"Same to you and please don't be tensed. I hate that expression on you." Sharon said as she stroked his hair.

"What expression?" Swayam asked.

"You all make it when you're tensed and thinking about something. It looks something like this." She said and attempted to make his tensed face.

"I don't make that face." Swayam replied offended.

"Yes you do." She said.

"No I don't. Now, weren't you going to be late to work?" Swayam said.

"Oh god. I'm going, I'm going." Sharon said as she held her hands up in surrender.

"Bye. When do you leave? I can come and pick you up." Swayam said.

"Around 6 I guess." Sharon replied.

"I'll be there." Swayam said and put on his helmet.

"Swayam wait." Sharon called out.

"What Sharon?" He asked as he flipped his visor up.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." He replied.

Sharon smiled and watched him ride away till his figure faded out.

"Right, now back to work." She declared to herself.

Sharon got out of her workplace at around 6 in the evening after a long day of planning and paperwork. Breathing in the slightly musty air around, she examined her surroundings. It was opposite of the area around the theatre. While the theatre was in a secluded yet quaint little place, the current building was located in a commercial set up. The good thing was that there was fair bit of silence around here to help people work peacefully. Sharon wished to go back to the job at the theatre. She missed the place and even the small coffee shop near it. She needed to visit the place again. Her trail of thoughts was broken buy a continuous honk.

"Hey. Good evening Mr. Shekhawat." She said when she recognized the person honking at her.

"Good evening Miss Rai Prakash. Were you waiting for a long time?" Swayam replied.

"No, I just left." Sharon said.

"Good now let's go." Swayam simple replied.

"What's the rush Shekhawat? You just got here and you didn't even remove your helmet. I want to see that beautiful face of yours." Sharon said as she pouted.

Swayam chuckled and removed his helmet.

"There, you happy now?" Swayam said still chuckling.

"Yes I am but you look tired." Sharon said as she ruffled his hair.

"Yeah. Those people really are stubborn pieces of poo-poo." Swayam replied.

"Did you just call them pieces of poo-poo?" Sharon said as she chuckled.

"Yes I did. That's the first thing that came in my mind." Swayam said defending himself.

"Really? The first insult that comes to mind is piece of poo-poo?" Sharon said as her laughter grew louder.

"Maybe it's because I've been spending too much time with my 3yr old nephew." Swayam said.

"That's sweet, but still. Poo-poo." Sharon said and laughed again.

"Ha ha very funny, now can we leave." Swayam said annoyed.

"Okay. I'm sorry; I was just trying to lighten to the mood." Sharon said.

"You did. Thank you." Swayam said and kissed her on her cheek.

"Now hop on." He said to a now blushing Sharon.

"How was your first day at work?" Swayam asked.

"It was good. We only did the planning and scheduling of the show. Also I've been warned that the parents of the children can be a tough bunch." Sharon said taking the helmet held out by Swayam.

"Don't worry; you'll charm them with your words." Swayam assured her.

"Well well, does Mr. Swayam Shekhawat find me charming?" Sharon replied.

"Yes he does. Now can we please go? I'm really tired and think I need caffeine." Swayam said.

"My poor boyfriend. Don't worry I'll make you some. Let's go." Sharon said.

They rode again in silence but this time their minds weren't filled with thoughts like they were in the morning. They both still remembered the talk they were supposed to have in the morning but each knew that bringing out the topic immediately would do no good. When they reached Sharon's place she made him the promised cup of coffee. Swayam warped one arm around Sharon as he sipped his coffee. Sharon simply snuggled into his chest holding her mug of coffee with a small blush on her face. Somehow he never would stop making her blush.

-------------------------------------------

Late update🤢
Sorry for that and thank you all for reading :D
sneharay thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice update.. 👍🏼
Giving time to each other in their busy life.. its great
Swayam want Sharon to follow her dream is sweet
Slayerkajal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful
I just love the way you write.. everything seems so smooth..they nok-jhok-care everything is so beautiful .. just loved it
Please update soon..
And yeah..can you please pm me if possible😳
Edited by burn-shine-live - 7 years ago
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail
I've realised that I haven't updated the 22nd chapter here so here it is although late :/
Also the next update will probably will late as always because I haven't written a word. Hopefully I will. Anyway, so enjoy the late update.

Chapter 22

Two coffee cups later Swayam and Sharon were sitting in silence with Swayam's hand still wrapped around Sharon. They talked about random things but eventually silence would surround them. This time the silence wasn't that comfortable as it used to be. Sharon constantly thought about the conversation they were having in the morning.

"Swayam." Sharon called out softly with her face still buried in Swayam's chest.
"Sharon." Swayam replied.
"About what you wanted to talk about." Sharon said as she sat up erect and faced him.
"Maybe we should talk about it some other time." Swayam said.

"I want to talk about it now." Sharon said.
"Are you sure? I mean you are exhausted and so am I; I guess it's best if we have this conversation some other time." Swayam replied.
"But isn't it for the best of we talk it out as soon as possible? I don't want this argument to be extended for a long time." Sharon said.

"You think this will be an argument?" Swayam a asked sceptically.
"It might become that. It's a topic in which we both have different opinions and I don't you'll be easily ready to give up on your opinion just like I won't." Sharon said and Swayam nodded in reply.

"That's exactly the reason we shouldn't talk about it now. Today was a good but long day and I don't want you to be burdened with heavy talk." Swayam said after few moments holding Sharon's shoulders.

"But.." Sharon begins to say but is cut out by Swayam.
"How about we talk it out on Sunday?" Swayam suggested.
"It's Monday today; do you really expect me to wait another five days while muling over the possible conversation." Sharon exclaimed.

"It's your first week of work and you want it to go well right?" Swayam questioned.
Sharon nodded in reply.
"I also have some tough clients to convince." Swayam said.
"Those pieces of poo-poo?" Sharon said chuckling.
"Yes those pieces of poo-poo." Swayam said as they both chuckled.
"So let's go through this week tackling our work and on Sunday we talk and if we have any residual anger we can vent it out on work." Swayam said and Sharon laughed at the final suggestion.
She thought about I for a few seconds and then nodded affirmatively. Swayam cupped her face and looked at her with warm eyes before kissing her forehead.

"I think I should be going now." Swayam said as he got up.
Sharon got up after him and followed him to the door.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8. I have some off site work to do." Swayam said as he opened the door.
"Okay. Drive safely." Sharon said with a smile.
''Will do love." Swayam said with the same smile.
"I love you." Sharon said before he entered the lift.
"I love you too. Good night." He replied and got into the lift.

Sharon watched the lift go down and closed the door after the indication blinked the sign for ground floor. She plopped down on the sofa recalling the day. As much as she wanted to get the impending talk over as fast as possible, Swayam was right. Talking right now would have lead to nowhere. She hoped it wouldn't turn into a argument as she thought it would turn out.

Swayam reached his home tired due to the long day. He rang the bell waiting for someone to open it. The door opened to reveal his father.
"Swayam beta. Why are you so late?" His father asked as he moved aside to allow Swayam to enter inside.
"Just work Papa." Swayam replied and began removing his shoes.
"How is it going?" Mr. Shekhawat asked.
"Fine. These new clients just need some changes." He explained.
"Some of them can be difficult to convince. I'm sure you'll be able to do that." His father said patting his back.
"I'll try." Swayam replied with a small smile.
"I'll be inside. Your mother needs help setting up dinner. She made your favourite today." He said with a smile.
"Okay." Swayam said and sat on the couch. He sighed realising how tired he was. He removed his phone and sent Sharon a text saying he reached home. He waited for her reply but the door bell rang distracting his attention for the phone.

"Hey, I thought you were supposed to come back hours ago." Swayam said as he opened the door to see his brother.
"I was but the professor took an extra lecture and the trains were late too." Sushant replied as he entered inside removing his shoes.

"You just got here too. Weren't you supposed to come hours ago too?" Sushant said noticing that Swayam still had his socks on.
"Good guess Sherlock. I was with Sharon." Swayam replied as he sat down on the couch.
"With Sharon huh! When are you allowing us to get acquainted." Sushant asked as he followed Swayam.
"I delay it as much as I can." Swayam replied.
"Why so? Are you scared that after meeting me she'll decide I'm the better Shekhawat?" Sushant said cheekily.
"Yeah right." Swayam said sarcastically. "It isn't good to be delusional." Swayam continued.

"Come on. Seriously you haven't even told me anything about her. I just know her name and how you two met. I don't know her full name." Sushant said sitting down next to Swayam.
"Okay. Her name is Sharon Rai Prakash. She is originally from Mumbai but stayed in Delhi for about 10 years. She moved back her for her job as a assistant manager. Is that information sufficient?" Swayam said.
"For now it is. You know you can talk about Sharon with me right? I won't tell Ma and Papa." Sushant said assuring him.

"They know." Swayam simply said.
"What? I thought this was a secret between the Shekhawat brothers." Sushant exclaimed.
"Why would I keep this from them?" Swayam asked.

"Good; the latecomers are back." Their mother said as she came in the living room.
"Good evening Ma." Swayam greeted her.
"Good evening Swayam." His mother greeted him back.
"Ma you knew about him and Sharon?" Sushant asked.
"Of course. I always knew he liked her by the way he used to talk about her." His mother answered.
"And here I thought it was a secret between me and you." He said turning towards Swayam.
"Don't be so dramatic Sushant." Swayam said.
"I'll be going now." He said and left the living room.

"He would become fast friends with Sharon." Swayam said.
"Why are you tensed Swayam?" His mother asked as she sat down beside him.
"Nothing." He replied.
"Don't just blatantly lie to your mother. What's wrong?" She asked again.
"Just work." He said.
"There you go lying again." She said.
"It's about Sharon." Swayam started and explained the situation to his mother that how he wanted Sharon to focus more on dancing while Sharon wanted to keep it in the side lines and continue working. Mrs. Shekhawat quietly heard her son talking and when he stopped and looked at her for advice she smiled and said, "You two should definitely talk it out but remember that ultimately it's her decision. Make your point but don't force your opinion on her."
"I won't." Swayam replied.
"Now go change your clothes, I'll serve dinner." She said and got up to go in the kitchen.
"Thank you Ma, for the advice and listening." Swayam said.
"Anytime Swayam. It's kind of my job to do so." She replied.
Swayam sat quietly staring at the wall as he wished the week to go by faster but slower at the same time.

LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Very beautiful update. 👏
This SwaRon is a bills to read. ❤️

Thnks for updating. :)
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail

And I've done it again and not posted the chapter here :/ Sorry for this super late update. Hopefully you all will enjoy the chapter and thanks for reading :)

Chapter 23

Sharon returned home from yet another tiring day of work. Her days were frantic and there was always a job after she had finished one. She did have fleeting moments of calm being surrounded by a crowd of amazing people. All these moments did not stop the thoughts of last week's conversation with Swayam. You can't say she was dreading it but she definitely thought about it a lot. It was Friday today and she opened the door of her apartment longing a good weekend. As she entered inside she saw that the lights were on and heard noises coming from the kitchen. She held her handbag tightly and moved cautiously towards the kitchen. When she caught the sight of the person she let loose of the bag and yelled, "What the hell Swayam?"

"Oh hey, you're back." Swayam greeted cheerfully.

"What are you doing?" She replied.

"Cooking my girlfriend a lovely dinner?" Swayam answered nonchalantly.

"That's sweet of you but..." Sharon said and then sighed before continuing, "How did you come in? And you've got to stop scaring me like this. You can't just waltz in without informing me. You know how scaring it is living alone and on top of that I've been reading these cases recently which have freaked me out more that I should be."

"Ankita gave me a key." Swayam answered.

"I gave her that for emergencies!" Sharon exclaimed.

"And I did message you that I was coming because you weren't picking up your phone." Swayam said holding up his hands in defence.

"You did? That reminds me I haven't even checked my phone the whole day. That would be a new record for me." Sharon said.

"Hectic day?" Swayam asked coming closer to her.

"That's an understatement." Sharon replied.

"Well, you go and relax a bit and I'll be there with your delicious dinner." Swayam said holding her shoulders softly that sent pleasant shivers down Sharon's spine. She loved the warmth Swayam radiated and it was exactly what she needed to put a hectic week at work behind.

"Alright." Sharon smiled and slowly placed a peck on his cheek grateful for instantly lighting up her mood.

Sharon didn't notice this but Swayam's face did show a bit of blush. Now Swayam might think he was in control of his emotions but sometimes his face would betray him, this would be one of those rare moments.

Swayam got back to his cooking while Sharon freshened up and then sat on the sofa. She was in the middle of going through her messages when Swayam called out her name.

"Dinner's ready." Swayam said arriving in the living room with his hands dusted in flour. Sharon chuckled at him.

"What?" Swayam asked amused.

"You look really really adorable." Sharon said as she walked towards him.

"How did I get so lucky?" Sharon asked as she placed her hands around his neck and gazed into his eye; his chocolate brown eyes that always seemed to hold her captive.

"Maybe I should be asking the same." Swayam replied.

Time really dos stop when you're with someone whom you absolutely adore and love. Sharon didn't want the moment to end, didn't wish to do anything else but spend time with Swayam who in just a short amount of time made her life so much better. It did sound cheesy but Sharon didn't care.

"I love you." Swayam said and smiled pleasantly at her.

"I love you too." Sharon said as her cheeks turned red again as usual.

Their silence was disturbed by a call on Swayam's phone.

"What?" Swayam said as he picked up the phone. Sharon just gave him a confused expression.

"Woah! I just called to ask on behalf of Ma when you'll be back." Sushant asked.

"I'll be late. I'm with Sharon." Swayam said and Sharon raised her eyebrow when she heard her name.

"Sharon ha! I won't keep you any longer." Sushant teased.

"That would be a huge favour." Swayam said sarcastically.

"Just one more thing..." Sushant said.

"What?" Swayam said through gritted teeth. He did love his brother but he had the worst timing of all and he didn't even realise it.

"When do you suppose I can meet her?" Sushant asked cheekily.

"Goodbye Sushant." Swayam simply stated and ended the phone call before Sushant could say anything further.

"What did he want?" Sharon asked softly.

"Nothing much, just him with his usual talks. He has been insisting lately to meet you." Swayam said.

"I'm flattered. Why don't you?" Sharon asked cocking her head towards her right.

"I'm avoiding it as long as I can." Swayam replied.

"Why so? Do you fear I'll like him better?" Sharon said with a smirk.

"He said the same thing. I was right you both will become fast friends." Swayam said.

"Of course we will. I've heard all about him as you complain about him so much." Sharon said.

"I do not." Swayam said.

"You do. I guess it's time I hear his side of the story." Sharon said with a sweet smile.

"Alright enough talk; I'm hungry." Swayam said as he removed Sharon's arms from his shoulder and strode towards the kitchen to bring out the food. Sharon simply stood laughing at him.

As Swayam kept all the food in place Sharon felt hungry herself looking at all the delicious food he had cooked. She sat down beside him and wrapped her arm around him. She smiled softly at him and then gently kissed him. After their lips parted each other's she spoke softly, "Thank you for all this."

"Anytime Shar." He said and began serving her food. She unwrapped herself from him and looked at him peaceful serving out food. He really did look adorable and her mind had thoughts coming of how good a husband he would be. She immediately shook herself and thought, too soon Sharon.'

They began eating silently with Sharon slightly embarrassed about her thoughts and Swayam stealing glances at her.

"So how has work been?" Swayam asked breaking the silence.

"I rather not revisit the hectic week and also, why do you keep insisting about talking about me? How was your work? What about those pieces of poo-poo you were talking about?" Sharon asked.

Swayam smiled at her. Even though Sharon could have the busiest week but she would still remember small details about you. Swayam admired that about her, it showed that she cared and thought about you.

"Surprisingly they were not as stubborn as I thought they would be. I made some changes and they agreed. Not what I wanted but close enough. Good thing they agreed because I was hanging on a thin thread of patience." Swayam answered as he chuckled.

"Please, you would have just given into their demands." Sharon said and shoved a mouthful of food inside her mouth.

"I would not." Swayam denied and played with his food.

"Firstly don't play with your food and secondly you so would, you deflect from any kind of conflict." Sharon said.

"Stop being bossy and you do the same." Swayam answered back.

"I'll admit I do but only while arguments or when it's necessary. If my ideas are good I wouldn't back down." Sharon said.

"Alright fine you win." Swayam said and pouted.

"Ah! The sweet taste of victory." Sharon exclaimed and then pulled out her phone and snapped a picture Swayam pouting.

"Did you just take a photo of me?" Swayam said.

"I did." Sharon said nonchalantly.

"Delete it at once." Swayam ordered.

"Why in the world would I delete this masterpiece of photography?" Sharon said as she waved the picture in front of him.

"Give me that." Swayam said as he lunged for the cell phone. Sharon quickly moved her hand and hid it behind her back.

"Alright fine; keep it but don't you dare share it with anyone." Swayam said.

"It will stay between the three of us." Sharon said solemnly.

"Three?" Swayam questioned.

"You, me and Ankita." Sharon answered.

Swayam glared at her.

"Okay, I won't show it to her." Sharon said chuckling.

Swayam silently went back to his food.

"Speaking of Ankita, I haven't seen or talked to her recently. How is she?" Swayam asked nearly finishing his food.

"She's fine just busy with heaps of work. I'm sensing she might be developing a crush." Sharon said.

"Interesting. I'm sure you'll have fun making her blush." Swayam said.

"I'll try not to but she changes totally when she's in front of her crush." Sharon said.

"She's more shier than you? Why do I feel that hard to believe?" Swayam asked.

"Surprisingly yes. You'll see." Sharon said and finished the last remnants of her food.

"Thank you for the food Swayam. It was really delicious." Sharon said.

"You've thanked me enough today Sharon." Swayam said.

"I just feel like saying it." Sharon said and smiled.

Swayam stood up and kissed the top of her head gently. He collected their plates and went into the kitchen. Sharon followed him carrying the remaining utensils. After washing up they returned to the living room and stood in silence.

"I think I should leave now." Swayam said.

"Can you stay a little longer?" Sharon asked hesitantly.

"If that's what you want." Swayam said.

Sharon nodded and said, "I just feel I haven't seen you enough this week. I'm having withdrawals Shekhawat." Sharon said chuckling.

"I'll stay. I'll just message Mom I'll be late." Swayam said.

"Alright." Sharon said and watched him type on the screen of his mobile. He looked up her and asked, "What do you want to do?"

"Just talk. I just miss being around you like I did while working at the theatre." Sharon said.

Swayam nodded and smiled. They both sat down on the sofa with Sharon cuddled into Swayam's chest. They talked about all trivial things and then Sharon's slowly fell asleep with a smile on her face.

abhilasha_dream thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was a beautiful writing... I really wonder what mystery is there behind Swayam avoiding making Sharon meet his younger brother , Sushanth.. would love to see that.
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail

hope you all like the chapter :)

Chapter 24

"Swayam it's honestly alright." Sharon said convincing Swayam for the umpteenth time.

"I feel really bad Sharon. I know you wanted to spend some time together before Mondays pulls us into another loop of adult jobs." Swayam said.

"We have an entire day tomorrow and you made me dinner yesterday which counts as quality time." Sharon replied.

"But Sunday goes by so quickly." Swayam argued.

"For God's sake Swayam you have a family emergency, you should concentrate on that instead of me." Sharon yelled at him playfully.

"But he gets himself in trouble all the time." Swayam replied.

"Shekhawat are you really trying to convince me that your cousin with a broken bone is not an emergency." Sharon said.

"No of course not. Now that you say it like that it makes me feel like a jerk. I just..." Swayam defended himself.

"Just spit it out Swayam." Sharon said.

"It was so nice to spend some quiet time with you away from all the fast pace of the city." Swayam said.

"Yes it was." Sharon said remembering yesterday night.

Sharon was so tired that she ended up sleeping on the couch with her head on Swayam's shoulders. When Swayam tried to pick her up and settle her in her bed she woke up suddenly and smiled sheepishly at him. She dragged her feet to her bedroom and feel on the bed. When Swayam turned to leave she called him back and asked if he could stay longer. So they ended up cuddling and talking about few more random things before falling asleep together.

"I'll come by in the evening." Swayam said.

"I'll be waiting. I hope your cousin gets well soon." Sharon said.

"Don't worry; he will. He has broken so many bones that it doesn't matter to him anymore." Swayam replied.

"Still, tell him to take care." Sharon said.

"Of course. Bye." Swayam said and ended the call.

Sharon put her phone to get recharged and smiled to herself. She spun around to go in the kitchen. It was a good time to try a hand at baking something.

At around 3 pm Sharon heard the door bell ring as she was finishing off the last pieces of brownies she baked. She opens the door to find Swayam smiling widely at her. She smiles back at him and invites him inside.

"I smell freshly baked goods." Swayam said.

"I made some brownies but I ate almost all of it. There might be a piece or two left." Sharon replied.

"You ate the entire batch?" Swayam asked shocked.

"They were delicious so I couldn't help myself." Sharon said justifying herself.

Swayam was about to say something but was cut off by Sharon's cell phone ringing.

"You answer that; I'll taste some brownies." Swayam said and went in search of them.

"Hello Ma. Sorry I haven't called lately." She said picking up the call.

"It's okay; I know how busy you are." Her mother replied.

"So how are you and Dad?" Sharon asked.

"We are just fine. I wanted to ask when you'd be returning back to Delhi." Her mother asked.

"I just started a job so I just can't ask for a leave yet." Sharon replied impatiently. Somewhere she had a nagging feeling that the conversation wouldn't go well.

"I understand. Will you try to?" She asked.

"Why Ma? I have no reason to come." Sharon said.

"Don't you want to see your parents?" Her mother asked.

"You and I both know that missing each other is not the reason you're calling me back." Sharon asked irritated by the conversation.

"You're talking rudely again Sharon but yes that's not the reason. We found this boy and wanted to fix your marriage." She said and Sharon was utterly shocked to give a response. She wanted to yell at her but she knew it wouldn't get here anywhere so she took a deep breath to calm herself.

"Ma you know I do not want to have this conversation. Why do you have to bring this up all of a sudden? I'm in a nice stable job just like you both wanted and now this?" Sharon said as calmly as possible.

"This is for your own good." Her mother replied.

"I'm tired of you saying that. I'll just calm you later. I can't have this conversation now." Sharon said as she saw Swayam from her peripheral vision. She cut the call before her mother could utter a response and threw the phone on her couch.

"Really? When everything is looking fine something always has to go wrong?" Sharon said to no one in particular.

"Hey are you fine? That didn't sound like a pleasant conversation." Swayam said eating the last piece of the brownie.

"Of course I'm not fine." Sharon yelled.

Swayam just nodded and backed off a little.

"Great, now I'm yelling at you. I'm sorry; my parents always seem to turn me into Hulk." Sharon said feeling guilty about her outburst.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Swayam asked.

"Seems like the most sensible thing to do." Sharon replied.

"It is just my parents forcing me into things I don't want to do." Sharon said as she sat besides Swayam.

"Did you at least hear them out?" Swayam asked.

"Of course not, because the topic was ridiculous. Swayam this isn't the first time. They always do this trying to force me into things or make me think that whatever I do will always be wrong for me. I was never good enough for them and they keep on reminding me that they ended up with a daughter who always disappoints them instead of a perfect son. I always try to ignore them and put my energy into other things, one of the reasons why I started dancing. They put me down for even doing that especially my Dad. I couldn't take their judgement any longer so I moved her but also took their advice and found a job that they approved of." Sharon said getting off the heaviness in her chest that she kept feeling for years.

"I'm sure they had good intentions in their hearts." Swayam said not knowing what words could comfort her right now. She seemed distraught and he had never seen her so down.

"I try to tell myself that but this is possibly the worst way to do that. I am happy now Swayam, content with my life. I finally have a vision of what I want to do with my life and the people I want to have with me in that life." Sharon said and looked up at Swayam at the last sentence. She stood up and turned her back towards him holding her forehead with her hands. They both were silent for few minutes and let the words sink in. The atmosphere was tense and it was choking them both.

Sharon turned to face him with tears glazing her eyes. She didn't want to cry and wanted to keep it all inside her but her body always seemed to betray her. "You want to know what she wanted to talk about."

Swayam almost wanted to say no because whatever she was about to say wasn't going to pleasant. He just nodded at her as he moved closer to her trying to comfort her.

"She wanted to know when I was returning to Delhi. They both have found an eligible bachelor for me and want to marry me off as fast as possible." Sharon said exasperated.

"I know you'll try to defend them by saying they might not know about us." Sharon said as she looked at his expressions.

"I told you how they disapprove of every decision of mine, well here's another one. I called Ma almost a week ago and told her about us. A small part of me told her wanting to share my happiness but the bigger part of me was proud to tell her that I'd found someone so smart and caring and kind who loved me with all his heart." They both smiled at each other trying to ease the tension around them.

"I was stupid enough to think that they would readily accept it. The funny thing is they wouldn't go through the trouble of finding an eligible bachelor' for me if I hadn't told them about us. It's irritating and completely maddening." Sharon said and sat down on her couch. All the thoughts and the situation made her dizzy.

Swayam sat down beside her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder knowing this was the only way to comfort her. Sharon leaned against him and was thankful for his gesture. She closed her eyes and tried to think of pleasant things like chocolate, unicorns, puppies and fairies but all she ended up doing was rewinding the conversation she had with her mother over and over again. She opened her eyes and thought about ways to distract herself. She could watch a movie or read a book or fall asleep to the pleasant voice of Ed Sheeran but she decided to go against all the relaxing things.

"Let's talk about what you wanted to talk about a week ago." Sharon said as she untangled herself from him.

"No. That is the last thing we should do." Swayam said sternly.

"You're afraid of conflict again. I want to talk about it." Sharon said with slight anger lacing her voice.

Swayam didn't wanted to give in but he knew him denying to talk about it would just anger her. He would just risk having the talk now and hoped it would not go bad as the scenarios he was building in his mind currently.

"Alright." Swayam said quietly.

"Go on." Sharon said.

"I just thought that after you finished the job at the theatre you would focus more on dance rather than jump onto another one. I mean I don't exactly know how you would navigate through it but I was just hoping you would follow your passion." Swayam said.

"Great." Sharon said sarcastically.

"I not saying you should, I just felt like you would try to follow it. The end decision is all yours Sharon; I'm not forcing my opinion on you. I just felt like that because I know how much you enjoy dancing and the enthusiasm you felt when you participated in the competition." Swayam said trying to explain himself when he heard the sarcasm in her voice.

"Don't try to patronize me Swayam and do not try and explain yourself. You are just like them thinking that everything I do is equal to dirt. I'm not capable of making a decision for myself according to you three. Right? I'll never be good enough to stand on my own. Is that what you wanted say?" Sharon yelled at him.

"No Sharon I never said that." Swayam said.

"I think you did. You know what I think it's time to stop thinking and caring about people judging me about every single damn thing." Sharon said frustrated with everything.

"Sharon I think I should just leave. You obviously are angry and this is making it worse. I'm making it worse." Swayam said slowly and turned to walk away.

"You don't have anything to say? You're just going to walk away?" Sharon said tears brimming in her eyes. She knew she was yelling at him for no reason. He never said anything wrong and only had genuine concern for him. But the anger about the situation with her parents just took control of her sensible part.

"I'll call you." Swayam said.

"Maybe you shouldn't." Sharon said and immediately regretted it.

Swayam just walked towards the door and left without looking back at her. Sharon was distraught from everything and realized what a fool she had been as tears rolled down her eyes. She made no attempt to stop them and just slumped on the floor trying to call out Swayam's name but no voice came out her mouth.

abhilasha_dream thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice to see the impulsive Sharon once again who always took rash decisions and then regret later... But then Swayam is also sketched the same way - rational, gentle, sweet and most importantly madly, deeply in.love with Sharon so he understood her and left then and there and am sure that will not even accept her apology later as he understood what her mindset was then and so not blame her for anything.

Nice write up and waiting for the next.
.Vrushanholic. thumbnail

Hope you all anjoy the chapter :)

Chapter 25

"Pick up Swayam, pick it up." Sharon mumbled pacing around her room as she dialled Swayam's number again.

"Dammit." She said as she heard the beeping sound again. She sat down on the bed and called him again but decided it was of no use and ended the call mid way. He wasn't going to pick up anyway.

She had splashed water on her face to remove any evidences of her crying for an hour and going through the events that occurred. She finally decided to call Swayam so that she could apologize and feel his warmth again because right now she felt very cold from within.

"Why would he pick up? I'm sure he doesn't want to talk to me after shutting him out. And wasn't I then one that told him not to call even though I didn't mean it?" Sharon said aloud. What had happened to the good weekend that had started yesterday? Now it all felt crumbling to her.

She picked up her phone again and called the one person who could and had handled her at her worst times.

"Hi. I for saying it lightly have made a mistake." She said skipping the pleasantries.

"What happened?" Ankita asked.

"Can you come over? It's too much to talk over the phone and I feel I could combust if I keep thinking about it any longer without talking to someone." Sharon pleaded.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes." Ankita said sensing that something was majorly wrong.

Ankita was at Sharon's house within fifteen minutes. She may or may not have broken the speed limits and signals but all she cared was her best friend who was troubled with something.

"Hey. You're early. How fast were you driving?" Sharon asked as she opened the door to greet Ankita.

"Fast enough to be here as quick as possible. Now let's talk about what's upsetting you?" Ankita said as she let herself in and sat down on the couch.

"You could have been in an accident." Sharon stated.

"I wasn't Mom, so let's just talk about the reason I broke speed limits for." Ankita said.

Sharon sighed and sat down beside her and gave the whole details about what happened almost an hour ago. Ankita listened quietly while simultaneously listing the things she wanted to say to Sharon's parents. She couldn't believe that her parents were still ignoring the fact that Sharon was such an amazing daughter. When all was said Sharon looked at Ankita intently asking for her advice.

"So you sunk my OTP ship?" Ankita said trying to lighten up the mood.

"I might have." Sharon said guiltily.

"You're a fool to think that." She replied.

"But you just said that." Sharon said.

"I was trying to lighten the mood in which I have failed. This is just a small disagreement and you definitely didn't mean anything you said. It was just a reaction to your idiotic parents, no offense to you." Ankita said and Sharon nodded agreeing to everything she said.

"So what should I do?" Sharon asked.

"I'd recommend a grand romantic gesture but the only thing that will work now is that you talk to him." Ankita advised.

"How? He isn't picking up my call." Sharon answered.

"Give him time. I'm sure he's giving you your space and trying to sort out things in his own head because he wouldn't be human if he isn't hurt." Ankita replied.

"I know. I hate that I hurt him. I'm so stupid; how could I let my emotions get the better of me? I mean being emotional hasn't really helped me with past experiences then why can't I learn from my mistakes?" Sharon said shaking her head.

"That's just how you are and it isn't a flaw. It might not look great in these situations but you being an emphatic and emotional person has always been one of your best qualities. If you weren't so, we wouldn't be friends and I wouldn't be able to get past the most difficult stage of my life without you by my side." Ankita said softly.

"I love you Ankita. Thank you for always being there." Sharon said.

"I love you too. Thanks for having my back too." Ankita said as she hugged her best friend. They were a constant source of support in each other's life and they couldn't imagine life without each other.

"Now leave him a message to meet you tomorrow and if he doesn't respond I guess I'll get to play cupid again." Akita said breaking the hug.

"Lately I feel I should be playing cupid for you." Sharon said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" Ankita said nonchalantly trying to hide the blush forming.

"Don't deny it. Look at your face, it's all red." Sharon said teasing her and going to the kitchen.

"Is this revenge for times I teased you when I realised you had a crush on Swayam?" Ankita said following her inside.

"Maybe; now spill." Sharon said opening the ice cream container feeling a sense of dj vu only this time the roles were reversed.

Swayam didn't want to be upset but her words had stung him. He knew she didn't want to hurt him and didn't even mean the things she said to him but still his heart felt heavy as he replayed the events that happened hours ago. He deliberately did not pick up her calls because he knew they both needed space. Maybe he could have said things he shouldn't have and things could get worse, that's why he left her flat before her words started swarming inside his head and poisoning it. He kept playing with his food as he tried to fight his irrational part of his brain.

"Hey are you alright?" Sushant asked.

"Yeah; why?" Swayam replied.

"Well you never play with your food unless you are tensed. Maa has being eyeing you for the past 5 minutes." Sushant said.

"I'm alright. I'm just tensed about work." Swayam replied and went on to finish his food.

"Maa he's lying like you said he would do." Sushant said to their mother as she cleared off the dining table.

"Well then talk to him like I told you to do. I'll be inside." She replied.

"You heard the woman; open up Swayam. What's been worrying you? I'm here to hear all your woes." Sushant said trying to imitate a doctor's voice.

"I said I'm fine." Swayam said and picked up his empty plate.

"Mr. Shekhawat, you and me both know that you are not fine." Sushant said when Swayam returned from the kitchen.

"Drop it Sushant. I really don't want to talk about it." Swayam said and switched on the television to keep his mind off. Sushant got up from his place and stood in front of the TV.

"Sushant step aside from the front of the TV." Swayam said with irritation lacing his voice. He was tired of all the thinking and wanted to stop doing so by mindlessly flicking through different channels. Unfortunately, Sushant had different plans.

"I'm not moving till you agree to talk about what's bothering you." Sushant said adamantly.

"When did you start acting like my therapist?" Swayam asked.

"Since Maa threatened to not make anything containing chicken till you talk." Sushant replied.

"Fine, I'll talk." Swayam said giving up.

"That's like a good boy. I think this has something to do with Sharon or else you wouldn't be so evasive." Sushant said sitting besides Swayam.

"Well your brilliant deduction is right. We just had a minor argument." Swayam said reluctantly.

"I'm guessing it didn't go so well." Sushant said.

"Obviously. Well it could be worse. I just think she needs some space to figure things out on her own but it still upsets me." Swayam said.

"Whatever happened I'm sure you both will sort it out. Don't over think about it." Sushant said knowing very well how his older brother can over think the smallest of situations.

"I'll try to. Thanks for hearing me out." Swayam said smiling.

"It's my job as your newly appointed therapist. Now I'll have to go and update my boss about it." Sushant said and disappeared into the kitchen.

Swayam sighed loudly and concentrated back on the television. Switching off his brain he started watching cartoons trying to revisit his childhood days.

Swayam hadn't replied to her text or called her back so she decided to ambush him at his home. It wasn't the ideal situation but she was turning impatient and her nervousness was bubbling inside her. She had somehow managed to recollect the address Swayam had told her once and was relieved to see the Shekhawat name plate. She hesitated for a few minutes to ring the bell but then finally pressed it with her eyes closed.

She opened them when she heard the front door open. She opened her eyes to find a boy with similar features of Swayam beaming at her.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." She replied.

"Sharon." Sushant said recognizing her.

"You must be Sushant." Sharon said.

"I am. Encantada de conocerte. I guess if not Swayam, destiny wanted us to meet." Sushant said dramatically.

"You learned Spanish?" Sharon asked surprised.

"Learning it, I've heard it impresses people if you know some exotic languages." Sushant replied.

"I'm impressed, guess you heard right." Sharon replied. Her impatience was coming through as she began tapping her foot.

"So you definitely haven't come to meet me." Sushant said noticing her impatience.

"Is Swayam here?" Sharon asked finally.

"No, he's gone for some grocery shopping like the mamma's boy he is." Sushant answered her.

"Oh. I'll come back another time then." Sharon said a little disappointed.

"He'll be here in few minutes. Why don't you wait inside?" Sushant suggested.

"Thanks." Sharon said and followed him inside.

"Maa look who came to visit." Sushant yelled.

"What happened Sushant? I've told you not to yell like a caveman." His mother said from inside the bedroom where she was enjoying some much needed alone time.

"Would you just come out of your bedroom first?" Sushant replied.

"I'm out. Oh, Sharon beta, nice to finally meet you. How are you?" She said as she came into the living room and noticed Sharon alongside her younger son.

"I'm fine aunty. How are you?" Sharon replied shyly.

"I'm fine too. I guess you came looking for Swayam." Mrs. Shekhawat asked.

"We left things open ended yesterday." Sharon explained.

"I hope you both sort it out. You wait for him I'll bring something for you to eat." She said.

"I want something to eat too." Sushant said.

"Didn't you eat like an hour ago? Sharon I hope he won't trouble you too much." His mother said amused at his behaviour.

"I'm still hungry." He replied and his mother just laughed at him and went into the kitchen. He gestured Sharon to sit down on the couch and sat beside her.

"So I've heard you dance." Sushant asked trying to strike a conversation.

"I try to." Sharon answered.

"I honestly suck at dancing. In that term Swayam is better than me." Sushant said.

Sharon laughed at him and then asked, "Swayam dances too?"

"He used to shake a leg when he was little but stopped after school. There might be some videos." Sushant said thinking whether he should re-watch those videos.

"I would love to watch those." Sharon said amused as she pictured a young Swayam dancing. At that moment the bell rang and Sushant went to open the door.

"Would you help me carry some of this?" She heard Swayam's voice and felt the nervousness coming aback.

"I will carry all of that in, you have a visitor." Sushant said as he started taking the bags from Swayam's hand.

"Who?" Swayam asked but his question was answered when he saw Sharon sitting on his couch smiling at him. When she saw he had noticed her she stood up and walked towards him.

"I'll leave you two alone." Sushant said and hurriedly walked inside.

"I see you finally meet Sushant." Swayam said smiling at her.

Sharon felt relieved watching him smile. "He says it's destiny that we finally met." She said,

"Of course he would say that." Swayam said.

"Swayam about yesterday..." Sharon started upset that she had to ruin a good moment.

"Let's go outside. I know a place we can talk." Swayam said.

Sharon nodded and walked besides him. They walked silently and after a few moments Swayam caught her hand. They both looked at each other and smiled at each other. They continued in silence till they reached a small park.

"We can talk here. No one comes here except the kids and they would be at asleep now." Swayam said.

Sharon nodded grateful for the privacy. They both stood quietly for a few moments hoping for the other to talk. Sharon folded her arms around herself and took a deep breath.

"Swayam I'm really sorry. That was one of my worse moments and I'm really sorry I lashed out on you because of my parents. I'm an idiot." Sharon said guiltily.

"It's okay Sharon, I understand. I know how it feels to be in that kind of pressure. Also, I always knew you were an idiot, it was about time you admitted it." Swayam said.

"I let you get away with that. You forgive me?" Sharon asked hopefully.

"Forgotten and forgiven but that doesn't mean we sweep this under a carpet." Swayam said.

"I know we have to talk." Sharon said and prepared herself for a lengthy heart to heart conversation.

Edited by .Vrushanholic. - 7 years ago