Beintehaa - A Youth Based Show?

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Beintehaa is a love story, but why does it get termed as a youth based show? I can never wrap my brain around this. A romantic genre should not dictate the type of audience that the show has. I am sure a lot of their audience may be under the age of 25, but that is not entirely the case. It's just that the young ones are more vocal and more apparent on social media. However, there is a huge audience that is over the age of 26 such as me, who love Beintehaa equally. Heck my mother watches it too.. We love the fact that it is not the typical type of saas bahu drama.

So all these cliched ideas of remarriage and trying to attract a different audience is not going to work. There is already an adult section that watches Beintehaa for its uniqueness.

So in other words get the idea of Rehaan and Aliya marriage our of your brains... πŸ˜†
Edited by -Gaganjot- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Exactly Gagan! The reason why so many grew attached to the show is because they keep things unique, it does not follow the same old cliched route other shows take and when they do it is the treatment of it all that makes the world of difference.

I seriously want to see BI remain unique, forget about following the formula other shows do because then a show loses its charm.
annie07 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Edited:

Now, I have been away from TV for a while, until I caught up with ZaYa first meeting scene...and loved it ...

I started watching the show on and off, until ZaYa marriage and SR...I was really and pleasantly surprised by the way Aaliya reacted to Zain's harsh words. The way she gave him back and slept on the same bed as him...I was like wow, this show is different.

Till date, I had seen female leads in such situations crying buckets, curse god and then sleep on floor or sofa...

There were many instances which proved that BI is unique...a strong female lead, an intelligent male lead, a head of the family who actually controls the affairs and fast paced tracks... I fell in love with the show..

Now, coming to terming it as youth show... I guess its more to do with the fact that its a love story of two young ppl, than the age of viewers...

But even if its a youth show, its all the more reason, why it should be unique and break the age old shackles of television.

Multiple marriages, divorces and 3rd angles is something which we have seen 10 years back in K-soap dramas repeated again and honestly ppl are bored of it now. As young people ( cmon 26 above is young)... we wanna see things closer to reality, we want love stories where there are no angles or circles or anything.

Thus, CVs should in all ways avoid the Rehan angle in the show. If someone from their team would sit and see the show with a viewer cap...he would know how misfit and forced Rehan is in the show...

Maintain the uniqueness and freshness.

Edited by annie07 - 10 years ago
-Facetious- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The title of the show, Beintehaa, itself speaks that the show is all about going beyond for your love. It screams intensity. And that's what we are getting now, exploring every facet of ZaYa's INTENSE love story.

I agree, the most vocal audience on social media is under 20 but the show is being watched by a lot of others. I know the most between 20-30 years and then there's my mom, my aunts, heck so many people over 40 watch it too.

Whoever said it's a youth based show?
Gagan-06 thumbnail
Exactly Mandy! I just don't understand what they want to achieve with Rehaan remarriage angle... it is only going to annoy the existing audience. Right now everyone in my family is loving the track... but everyone also knows that Rehaan marrying aliya will make the show lose its charm.. i am sure some of us will still continue to watch it .. buttt like i said the charm wont be there.. because this is a romantic show.
Gagan-06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -SH-

The title of the show, Beintehaa, itself speaks that the show is all about going beyond for your love. It screams intensity. And that's what we are getting now, exploring every facet of ZaYa's INTENSE love story.

I agree, the most vocal audience on social media is under 20 but the show is being watched by a lot of others. I know the most between 20-30 years and then there's my mom, my aunts, heck so many people over 40 watch it too.

Whoever said it's a youth based show?

Absolutely! I love drama. I think this is why personally I have been more tolerant of cameos including Rehaan and his kids. ... BUTTT having said this it does not mean audience welcome a remarriage track... it wont gain them any additional trps for sure.

I am a very chilled out viewer.. so i can take pretty much anything, but a remarriage track.

Anyway I am hopeful that the CVs wont betray us.. but then as a fan what do I do about my fear? lol thus made this post πŸ˜†

Rozzzy123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well,I think it started as a Youth Love Story but over the time,has matured into much much more.
But TBH,I like it being termed as Youth oriented coz d protagonists are very young & fresh & it's not kind of a shw which will drag for yrs.The feel of d show is quite youthful & as Harshad said it's got dat Oomph factor,which I think is not there in any serial.But yes,as far as content goes,it's not limited or jst cater to youth.It has drama & teaches us very gud lessons of life,marriage & Luv.

There's not a single serial & dat too a luv story which focuses mainly on 2 characters Zain & Aaliya.So d makers shud maintain it dat way.3rd angle remarriage seriously is a very bad idea,jst for d sake of more drama & longevity of d show.High time makers understand dis simple logic
Edited by richmich - 10 years ago
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I agree completely. Lekin who said it is youth based? That part I did not get about your post but rest I completely agree
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -Gaganjot-

Exactly Mandy! I just don't understand what they want to achieve with Rehaan remarriage angle... it is only going to annoy the existing audience. Right now everyone in my family is loving the track... but everyone also knows that Rehaan marrying aliya will make the show lose its charm.. i am sure some of us will still continue to watch it .. buttt like i said the charm wont be there.. because this is a romantic show.

Gagan I am still holding out hope that they are just teasing viewers and it does not go that way but even to that, its disappointing to even think of that possibility. Why change him from a well wisher to one who falls in love with Aaliya? I mean seriously CVs know how strongly fans oppose such a track so why go there?

Absolutely! I love drama. I think this is why personally I have been more tolerant of cameos including Rehaan and his kids. ... BUTTT having said this it does not mean audience welcome a remarriage track... it wont gain them any additional trps for sure.

I am a very chilled out viewer.. so i can take pretty much anything, but a remarriage track.

Anyway I am hopeful that the CVs wont betray us.. but then as a fan what do I do about my fear? lol thus made this post πŸ˜†

You've said it all Gagan, the optimist in me is saying believe in the CVs they have not let viewers down so far and they won't in the future. I mean think about it, no one would have thought the episodes would be so good when that divorce promo aired but it happened. Then news came of a "parallel lead" who was supposed to get engaged to Zain but again that did not play out the way we feared. Maybe the latest spoilers will be the same way especially since Zain and Aaliya have yet to meet up and based on the TB article, this track is supposed to play out during the next couple of months so lets hang in there and see what they have planned.

-Facetious- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Anyway I am hopeful that the CVs wont betray us.. but then as a fan what do I do about my fear? lol thus made this postπŸ˜†

I know the fear Gagan. At the back of my mind I too am not 100% sure of CVs and their long dark tunnel.

But then it's an intense LOVE story and not another family drama. So it all comes down to ZaYa, they are the crux of it all whatever may happen around them. This and the way CVs have been portraying the story makes me believe that RM isn't happening, That does not mean they'll not toy around with this idea and play mind games with us. πŸ˜†