Talaq FAQ and Other Reflections

..Shweta.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Okay, so I don't really know much (read: I don't know anything) about the Talaq process but after today's episodes I'm like dying in this oblivion.
Someone please tell me how it works?

And can it be undone? I read somewhere that the only way it can be undone/the only way Zain and Aliya can get married again is if the woman (Aliya) marries someone else with a true heart and sincerity and then divorces him and then marries her first husband again.

But how is this possible, even if she does marry Rehaan so she can divorce him and marry Zain, it won't be with a true heart as she will always love Zain. And so that marriage would be like "incorrect" in Islam, I presume. So then how do you get out of this situation? Will Aaliya be shown to fall in love with Rehaan and then Rehaan like dies or something? But then if he dies can she remarry Zain?

Also random other question: Can a woman say Talaq, because what I hoping for was Zain finding out the truth before the 3rd talaq and then Aliya giving him the third talaq like "Burn baby BURN." But I'm quite happy with the way she walked away, with respect and dignity.

And the repentance! Excuse my french but EFF YEAH!! I LOVE Beintehaa for showing a PROPER repentance of the male lead because it like NEVER happens, it hurt but it was necessary. Every other "bad-boy" male lead is just an asshole who will never repent forget say "Sorry" but then our Zain comes in and shows them that you don't need to be a douche to be sexy.

LOL I don't know what I'm saying, I'm just so happy with the way things are going.

Zain my baby, today, with the way you felt sorry, the way you said "Yeh kya gunah kar diya main" (What crime have I committed?) and "Main goi bhi saza bhugat ne ke liye tayyar hoon, iske elava" (I'm accept any punishment for my crime, except this [to be away from you].) I'm convinced, at the heart you are a good man. You know when you're wrong and you will accept your faults with both hands up in the air. I'm not praising you because all of us should have that kind of decency, but unfortunately not all of us do, and so all I'm saying is that you're a good man Zain. You are.

And Aaliya! I just want to hug this girl. BEST FEMALE LEAD. EVER. She lives up to her character sketch, it's the first show where the writers didn't forget who their character was, they didn't lose her characterization, she didn't turn into a doormat once she fell in love like EVERY OTHER female lead in comparable shows.

I just hope they find their way back home.

Edited by -ShwSha- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AYESHA32 thumbnail
bas janab jo hona tha wo ho gaya aub agay daykho kia interesting hota hay...picture abhee baqi hay meray...
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Great post, many of those questions of yours i could answer but than again to diplomatic for an indian serial and LMAO no Aliyah can not say talaq to Zain only Zain can but Aliyah can ask for a divorce 😆 TBH the more you question the more confused your going to be i say just watch the show😆

Definitely, my heart totally goes to Zain. The way he remembered all that he did to her, all the times he embarrassed and insulted, all the times he screamed and blamed her when she was perfectly innocent. "Yeh meine kya guna kardiya" Loved Loved Loved this dialogue man. No other show makes the ML regret, remember, like Zain did today. He remembered every little thing. The way Harshad made Zains pain, regret, shock visible was just tremendous man.

I love Aliyah, wise yet innocent, loving yet strong, humble yet strong headed. I am so proud of her. So proud. I was so glad when she was like shes Aliyah, she dont need her fathers name or her husbands name she is very much capable of standing on her own two feet. especially when she denied the sweets from Suraiya and walked away calmly not even shedding a tear which was so great

Edited by _Littles12_ - 10 years ago
nazmobile thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
So technicality wise and ad per Islamic rules once a Talaq is given three times it cannot be undone, hence why you have to give it thrice and in your full senses because the repercussions are huge and there is no turning back.
So if Aaliya and Zain did want to remarry then yes she would have to do what is called a 'Halala' meaning you remarry another man and consummate the marriage and then if both parties are wiling to give divorce she may divorce her second husband to remarry the first one. Again this throws an interesting angle because one does think if you would want to divorce your second husband and again it has to be the man who grants it.

A woman in Islam cannot give a Talaq, she has to request a Khula which means she needs to put her case forward to the Sharia Court which then assesses the situation and grants the Divorce on her behalf. To do so she has to put forward her case that her husband and marriage is not a safe life for her. Essentially it is the same thing but the method is somewhat different and requires some more detail.

There are a few times when Divorce doesn't count, if the woman is pregnant and if she is menstruating. But I don't know the full details from the top of my head

It may seem like an archaic rule/law and yes one can argue the need and point of it all but it stems from the basic fact that Marriage is seen as a very pious and respectable act in Islam

It is considered one of the main pillers (to marry and have a family) and it completes half of someone's imaan and deen.

Divorce we are taught is the one thing that upsets Allah/God the most therefore there are stringent rules and guidance on getting married, fulfilling that marriage and duties and then worst case scenario ending the marriage. These have been set so that people don't make a mockery of the institution which we happen to see a lot these days.

I like the way Beintehaa has successfully and accurately shown islamic tradition and way of life much better than 'Qubool Hain' and although the current track might pain many fans I think it will make for a really good story track and also highlight the importance of marriage and divorce in Islam.

Anyways hope that helps
..Shweta.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Littles12_

Great post, many of those questions of yours i could answer but than again to diplomatic for an indian serial and LMAO no Aliyah can not say talaq to Zain only Zain can but Aliyah can ask for a divorce 😆

Definitely, my heart totally goes to Zain. The way he remembered all that he did to her, all the times he embarrassed and insulted, all the times he screamed and blamed her when she was perfectly innocent. "Yeh meine kya guna kardiya" Loved Loved Loved this dialogue man. No other show makes the ML regret, remember, like Zain did today. He remembered every little thing. The way Harshad made Zains pain, regret, shock visible was just tremendous man.

I love Aliyah, wise yet innocent, loving yet strong, humble yet strong headed. I am so proud of her. So proud. I was so glad when she was like shes Aliyah, she dont need her fathers name or her husbands name she is very much capable of standing on her own two feet. especially when she denied the sweets from Suraiya and walked away calmly not even shedding a tear which was so great

OMG YES. That Suraiya scene!

Someone give this girl an award, please.

And no please!!! Nothing is too diplomatic for an Indian serial. I needs tah know...

oh what the heck...

I <3 Tumblr.
..Shweta.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: nazmobile

So technicality wise and ad per Islamic rules once a Talaq is given three times it cannot be undone, hence why you have to give it thrice and in your full senses because the repercussions are huge and there is no turning back.

So if Aaliya and Zain did want to remarry then yes she would have to do what is called a 'Halala' meaning you remarry another man and consummate the marriage and then if both parties are wiling to give divorce she may divorce her second husband to remarry the first one. Again this throws an interesting angle because one does think if you would want to divorce your second husband and again it has to be the man who grants it.

A woman in Islam cannot give a Talaq, she has to request a Khula which means she needs to put her case forward to the Sharia Court which then assesses the situation and grants the Divorce on her behalf. To do so she has to put forward her case that her husband and marriage is not a safe life for her. Essentially it is the same thing but the method is somewhat different and requires some more detail.

There are a few times when Divorce doesn't count, if the woman is pregnant and if she is menstruating. But I don't know the full details from the top of my head

It may seem like an archaic rule/law and yes one can argue the need and point of it all but it stems from the basic fact that Marriage is seen as a very pious and respectable act in Islam

It is considered one of the main pillers (to marry and have a family) and it completes half of someone's imaan and deen.

Divorce we are taught is the one thing that upsets Allah/God the most therefore there are stringent rules and guidance on getting married, fulfilling that marriage and duties and then worst case scenario ending the marriage. These have been set so that people don't make a mockery of the institution which we happen to see a lot these days.

I like the way Beintehaa has successfully and accurately shown islamic tradition and way of life much better than 'Qubool Hain' and although the current track might pain many fans I think it will make for a really good story track and also highlight the importance of marriage and divorce in Islam.

Anyways hope that helps

Woah! Thank you so much!

Yeah I read that the reason for the Halala is to sort of communicate the severity of the 3 talaqs, explaining to Muslims that though God has given you this right, you musn't misuse it and thus the path to remarrying your first is made very difficult. Which is very well thought out I must say.

So we don't see an easy path for the ZaYa remarriage do we? Well I'll just wait it out to see how the CV's have planned this. But yeah, thanks again!
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -ShwSha-

OMG YES. That Suraiya scene!

Someone give this girl an award, please.

And no please!!! Nothing is too diplomatic for an Indian serial. I needs tah know...

oh what the heck...

I <3 Tumblr.

LMFAO loved the gifs doe, answered you scrap!😆 honestly w.e. we say wont happen anyway if you anything about BI its about it being totally unpredictable