Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yayzindagi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: SweetFifi

also divorce is supposed to happen with a three (3) month period. Zain uttered it within a two (2) month period (supposed to be uttered at the end of each month). In my view divorce hasn't happened. What a crock a crap this show is turning out to be. So many inconsistences๐Ÿ˜•

Actually, Zain could have uttered 'talaq' three times in the same sentence ... even then, it would have meant that Zain and Aliyah are divorced. This way of giving divorce is not liked in Islam as it ends everything in a blow and does not give the individuals time to sort things out. If you read the article I have referred to above, this point is mentioned there too.

Well, it honestly brought tears into my eyes. I have admired Zain and Aliya as husband and wife. They both still love each other and seeing two lovers part this way that it seems impossible for them to get back unless Aliyah goes through another husband-wife journey, that is heart-breaking and it loses its charm. It breaks my heart to see how pure love can be misunderstood (I know it can) and how things go so out of hands that there seems to be no way back. Shall I find it romantic that an ex-husband is trying to win over his ex-wife knowing that even if he wins her over, he cannot be with her anymore?

Aliyah did say that once the truth is out, Zain will regret it and it will be too late. It's too late now and they won't unite anytime soon.

P.S. Fellows, if I stop replying, just know that as a newbie I am only allowed to make 10 posts per day. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by yayzindagi - 10 years ago
asyaarshilover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
agree.it's making us confuse...being a mMuslim we r aware about Islamic rules and pprinciples although we are not sscholars an all but this is a basic info... and m so confuse tht how will they unite zaya ๐Ÿ˜•
HotFuzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
With nill knowlede about the religion I am even more confused.
SweetFifi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: yayzindagi

Actually, Zain could have uttered 'talaq' three times in the same sentence ... even then, it would have meant that Zain and Aliyah are divorced. This way of giving divorce is not liked in Islam as it ends everything in a blow and does not give the individuals time to sort things out. If you read the article I have referred to above, this point is mentioned there too.

Well, it honestly brought tears into my eyes. I have admired Zain and Aliya as husband and wife. They both still love each other and seeing two lovers part this way that it seems impossible for them to get back unless Aliyah goes through another husband-wife journey, that is heart-breaking and it loses its charm. It breaks my heart to see how pure love can be misunderstood (I know it can) and how things go so out of hands that there seems to be no way back. Shall I find it romantic that an ex-husband is trying to win over his ex-wife knowing that even if he wins her over, he cannot be with her anymore?

Aliyah did say that once the truth is out, Zain will regret it and it will be too late. It's too late now and they won't unite anytime soon.

P.S. Fellows, if I stop replying, just know that as a newbie I am only allowed to make 10 posts per day. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This method is soo NOT true...it's been explained already in previous posts so I am not going to repeat it here.
yayzindagi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SweetFifi

This method is soo NOT true...it's been explained already in previous posts so I am not going to repeat it here.

Hey, thanks for sharing your point of view. I will take this opportunity and advice everyone to please do ask proper scholars or those with sound knowledge on this topic instead of relying on infos given here. We all could be wrong and it will be nice if we can correct eachother.

I will have to now dig deeper and see where I am wrong in order to correct myself. For any misinformation, I truly apologize. :'(
aditiyuvi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
beautiful post...and so true with everything you said
SweetFifi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
A Brief Explanation about Divorce in Islam:
Revocable divorce is that in which the husband has the right to take the wife back, without a new marriage contract, dowry or consent of the wife. The divorce in which the husband has the right to take the wife back is the first or second divorce, before the iddah ends. But if the iddah of a first or second divorce ends, it becomes irrevocable in a minor sense, and she cannot go back to her husband unless she agrees and there is a new marriage contract and a new dowry. There is no difference of opinion concerning this among the scholars, and the evidence for it is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "The divorce is twice, after that, either you retain her on reasonable terms or release her with kindness" [al-Baqarah 2:229]. If a third divorce takes place, she is not permissible for him except after she marries another husband in a genuine marriage, then he divorces her or dies after consummating the marriage with her -- and this is the irrevocable divorce in the major sense. The evidence for that is the following verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "And if he has divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she has married another husband. Then, if the other husband divorces her, it is no sin on both of them that they reunite, provided they feel that they can keep the limits ordained by Allaah. These are the limits of Allaah, which He makes plain for the people who have knowledge" [al-Baqarah 2: 230].

**A thrice-uttered divorce counts as one divorce (It was narrated from Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him), Abu Bakr and the first two years of Umar's caliphate, a threefold divorce was counted as one. Narrated by Muslim (1472). )

It is not permissible for you to marry your wife after a third divorce until after she has married another man in a genuine marriage and he leaves her by death or divorce, after consummating the marriage with her.

With regard to nikaah al-tahleel [a sham marriage aimed at making it permissible for the wife to go back to her first husband] which some people do, it is an invalid marriage which does not make it permissible for the woman to go back to her first husband. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) cursed those who do that.

I hope this clears up any doubts about divorce in Islam

Seeing that one year has passed since Zain and Aaliya's (divorce?), Zain will have to remarry Aaliya because her 'iddah period has long passed

Edited by SweetFifi - 10 years ago
ar123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Colors always tries to take up a social issue and may be show is about informing people about the correct procedure of Divorce and remove all the misconception people have,
I think the serial will try to show this point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYkxR1JLFyI

Originally posted by: yayzindagi

Hi everyone!

Oh my! I have never been so confused watching a TV show and I cannot recall having made any effort to get the facts right...but Beintehaa makes me want to actually make sure I am correctly informed about islam.

My comments/thoughts:

• I loved the fact that CVs fast-forwarded the Nikkah track and that Nafeesah's confession has been heard by Zain now too.
  • Sanam seems to be a good girl. She might have feelings for Zain that go beyond the level of mere friendship, but I'd like to believe that she is one of those who'd like to see Zain happy - be he with her or not. Hope I am not wrong here.
  • Rehan and the way he tried to talk to Aliyah and Zain. His concern for them - that was simply fantastic! Not even Zain's own family showed/shows this much concern for his well-being...and he, being rather a 'stranger', has done whatever he could to bring some sense into both of them. And the way he looked at Nafeesah - lol! I hope the CVs don't mess up with his character at least.
  • Aliyah: Her pain is visible and today for the first time she questioned her mamu's wisdom, his words - his promises and the hopes he gave her. Even today, there was no anger visible in her eyes for being treated unjustly ---but the pain could be felt and was evident.
  • Zain: He is shattered too...he lost someone he loved but someone he felt he cannot forgive. Still, being someone who has been rational all along, his anger totally blinded him and his mother poisoned his brain. What will he do next? And here comes my confusion...

Confusion:

I still haven't been able to figure out how Zain and Aliyah can unite now (except for halala which does not sound cool). It is a huge question mark. I don't want the CVs to mess around with religion, but they have already stepped into a danger zone where there is so much confusion. Yes, I have read what Mr. Farhan and Harshad have written, and of course it will be interesting to see what out-of-the box solution they are going to come up with whilst remaining in religious realm.