Never been so confused watching a TV show :p

yayzindagi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi everyone!
Oh my! I have never been so confused watching a TV show and I cannot recall having made any effort to get the facts right...but Beintehaa makes me want to actually make sure I am correctly informed about islam.

My comments/thoughts:

• I loved the fact that CVs fast-forwarded the Nikkah track and that Nafeesah's confession has been heard by Zain now too.
  • Sanam seems to be a good girl. She might have feelings for Zain that go beyond the level of mere friendship, but I'd like to believe that she is one of those who'd like to see Zain happy - be he with her or not. Hope I am not wrong here.
  • Rehan and the way he tried to talk to Aliyah and Zain. His concern for them - that was simply fantastic! Not even Zain's own family showed/shows this much concern for his well-being...and he, being rather a 'stranger', has done whatever he could to bring some sense into both of them. And the way he looked at Nafeesah - lol! I hope the CVs don't mess up with his character at least.
  • Aliyah: Her pain is visible and today for the first time she questioned her mamu's wisdom, his words - his promises and the hopes he gave her. Even today, there was no anger visible in her eyes for being treated unjustly ---but the pain could be felt and was evident.
  • Zain: He is shattered too...he lost someone he loved but someone he felt he cannot forgive. Still, being someone who has been rational all along, his anger totally blinded him and his mother poisoned his brain. What will he do next? And here comes my confusion...

Confusion:

I still haven't been able to figure out how Zain and Aliyah can unite now (except for halala which does not sound cool). It is a huge question mark. I don't want the CVs to mess around with religion, but they have already stepped into a danger zone where there is so much confusion. Yes, I have read what Mr. Farhan and Harshad have written, and of course it will be interesting to see what out-of-the box solution they are going to come up with whilst remaining in religious realm.

Edited by yayzindagi - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Minion- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
this show make me confuse like hell about my own religion.i research about whole divorce progress it make me more confuse.farhan sir can reunion ZaYa without RM but as per his msg it will be take long to get them back together again so let's see what he plan i just hoping for some miracle now.
yayzindagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: edwebllalover9

this show make me confuse like hell about my own religion.i research about whole divorce progress it make me more confuse.farhan sir can reunion ZaYa without RM but as per his msg it will be take long to get them back together again so let's see what he plan i just hoping for some miracle now.

Even I am a Muslim, Alhamdulillah. But I just had vague knowledge of nikkah and divorce rules. Here, it makes me want to actually study Islamic law just to make sure that I understand things correctly.
-cherryblossom- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
There is not a single person as a viewer of BI who wants to see zain and aaliya getting back eventually through halala... how can he still say it will be more entertaining to watch how or IF halala is used... Many are waiting to see zain's repentence track but not RM or halala...
Edited by Zaya.priyanka - 10 years ago
-Minion- thumbnail

Originally posted by: yayzindagi

Even I am a Muslim, Alhamdulillah. But I just had vague knowledge of nikkah and divorce rules. Here, it makes me want to actually study Islamic law just to make sure that I understand things correctly.

some of article said after divorce couple can remarry with each other other said no so it is really confusing.but honestly i have no heart to see halala.
yayzindagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zaya.priyanka

There is not a single person as a viewer of BI who wants to see zain and aaliya getting back eventually through halala... how can he still say it will be more entertaining to watch how or IF halala is used... Many are waiting to see zain's repentence track but not RM or halala...

Though I'd love to see them back together (that's what Beintehaa was for me - Zain and Aliyah a perfect husband-wife team), I, however, don't find the idea of halala appealing in any way.

some of article said after divorce couple can remarry with each other other said no so it is really confusing.but honestly i have no heart to see halala.

That's the issue. Divorce is given twice and is revocable in this phase, but after it being uttered the third time, the marriage ends once and for all. That's what most of us understand. Now, I don't know what kind of loop holes the CVs have discovered, but to my best knowledge (and I am still getting myself better informed), the possibilities I can think of:

• Is the first utterance of divorce valid when the husband was in a state of anger, there was misunderstanding and compulsion --- basically, he was not in his senses?
  • Is the third utterance of divorce valid because Zain felt obliged to keep his promise to his mother and felt under pressure? This time, however, he was in his senses.
  • There are people talking about 'ruju', but I am not convinced that that rule is applicable in Zain and Aliyah's situation (but am no scholar ...so might be wrong).
-Minion- thumbnail
thanks for it.many still hope about ruju but don't know what farhan plan.Harshad tweet look kind a positive now only next episodes can tell in which way show will go.
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i wasnt sure abt this 3 times divorce too
yayzindagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: edwebllalover9

thanks for it.many still hope about ruju but don't know what farhan plan.Harshad tweet look kind a positive now only next episodes can tell in which way show will go.

Pleasure. I hope I have understood it properly and given you the right information too. :)

The thing with ruju is (from what I understand) that it is applicable within the first two divorce phases...So, now, let us say that Zain and Aliyah were sleeping close to each other and were cuddling even and Zain called Aliyah his wife few days back...people are now thinking that this automatically means that the divorce was revoked. However, my issue here is the following:
  • Even if they got back together by those gestures shown by and words used by Zain, he ultimately still gave her the third divorce. A married adult of sound mind can give his wife three divorces in their marital lifetime. Zain has given all three regardless of whether they were temporarily back together or not. So, for me, the ruju logic does not make much sense in this context. My only question is whether the first divorce was applicable and I need to read about it.

Originally posted by: Rabz_14

i wasnt sure abt this 3 times divorce too

There is a scholarly article I am reading at the moment that seems to make things about Islamic Marriage and Divorce Law pretty clear. Allow me to share it with you (it is a pdf and seems to be from university). I hope it helps you too. :)

http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/szic/currentissue_pdf/E-1%20Shehza%20sham%20(Islamic%20Law%20of%20Marriage%20and%20Divorce).pdf

Do correct me if I am wrong. I too am only learning. :)

SweetFifi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
also divorce is supposed to happen with a three (3) month period. Zain uttered it within a two (2) month period (supposed to be uttered at the end of each month). In my view divorce hasn't happened. What a crock a crap this show is turning out to be. So many inconsistences😕