Still 30 days left - Iddah and Talaaq

archanan14 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
For those who are not aware, seeing this below, I think we have 30 days more!

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Halala

A man is entitled to take his wife back twice after two respective Talaqs and for a third time also before the expiry of her Iddat after he gives her a Talaq for the third time. But after that the separation is irrevocable. She is then free to be married to any other person of her choice. If then in the normal course of life a dispute between them develops leading to first Talaq by the second husband, she is again free to be married to any person of her choice including the second husband (by whom she has got the first divorce) and also including the first husband as well. The relevant point here is that a Halala cannot be planned in advance, as a Nikah between her and the second husband with an understanding of a divorce afterwards will not be valid. If she does so, it will be an illegitimate relationship with the second husband and with the first husband also with whom she comes to live after a pre-planned Halala. Muhammad(P.BU.H) has cursed both such men who perform Halala and for whom Halala is performed. The second Caliph Hazrat Umar ruled during his reign that he will punish with stoning to death those who perform a pre-planned Halala. Imam Sufian Sauri says: " If someone marries a woman to make her Halala (for her ex-husband) and then wants to keep her as wife, he is not permitted to do so unless he solemnises a Nikah afresh, as the previous Nikah was unlawful."

The iddah of a woman divorced by her husband is three monthly periods, unless she is pregnant in which case the iddah lasts until she gives birth...
Edited by archanan14 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silla thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Talaaq had happened now stop being positive to satisy ur heart
-Facetious- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
ZaYa ARE NOT OVER!!

30 DAYS ARE STILL LEFT.

All spoiler makes sense now.
archanan14 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: silla

Talaaq had happened now stop being positive to satisy ur heart

It's not about positivity, it is about the correct procedure!
alvina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Don't know whats gonna happen, so confused right now, I m sure nafeesa will remove the recorder from zain's room
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: archanan14

It's not about positivity, it is about the correct procedure!

uhh even if it has, they both still have 30 days to get back together, so its not over yet
iman_harshika thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It means zain have 30 days to get aliya back widout halala?!!
If it is lyk dat...dats y cvs passed the 3 months track so fast !! So thy can bring sanam in middle!!
Ohhh god!! I m numb!!

Bt my formula is still same!
Unless harshika r dere...I vil nt quit BI!!
maybe I ll nt watch for few weeks! Bt once zaya come face to face...I ll start watching it again!!
Cvs!!! Kyuni dil tora mera?!! It was my first ever indian serial!! 😭
yayzindagi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: archanan14

For those who are not aware, seeing this below, I think we have 30 days more!

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Halala

A man is entitled to take his wife back twice after two respective Talaqs and for a third time also before the expiry of her Iddat after he gives her a Talaq for the third time. But after that the separation is irrevocable. She is then free to be married to any other person of her choice. If then in the normal course of life a dispute between them develops leading to first Talaq by the second husband, she is again free to be married to any person of her choice including the second husband (by whom she has got the first divorce) and also including the first husband as well. The relevant point here is that a Halala cannot be planned in advance, as a Nikah between her and the second husband with an understanding of a divorce afterwards will not be valid. If she does so, it will be an illegitimate relationship with the second husband and with the first husband also with whom she comes to live after a pre-planned Halala. Muhammad(P.BU.H) has cursed both such men who perform Halala and for whom Halala is performed. The second Caliph Hazrat Umar ruled during his reign that he will punish with stoning to death those who perform a pre-planned Halala. Imam Sufian Sauri says: " If someone marries a woman to make her Halala (for her ex-husband) and then wants to keep her as wife, he is not permitted to do so unless he solemnises a Nikah afresh, as the previous Nikah was unlawful."

The iddah of a woman divorced by her husband is three monthly periods, unless she is pregnant in which case the iddah lasts until she gives birth...

Thanks for this info!