Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
wow interestin start..u write really well..plz continue soon n plz pm me too
_Dipsi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thats an interesting start...loved it
Pls cont soon and if possible do pm me..
.tiNNi. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
superbbb
continue soon
shifajoomun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Whoa !!! Gud one ! Excited !
frenzyy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
interesting.. little ruhi s excited to meet her papa.. ishu shares a good reln with bhallas.. loved ishu and raman banterπŸ˜‰  plz pm wen u update
sham24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Omgg I lovedd it, cant wait to read more plz pm me πŸ˜Š
maya252 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
hey guys, although i joined IF long ago, i haven't been active here. Its only Ishra who made me write my first ff. As many of you are asking for pm, i guess I will have to learn how to pm and for that u guys will have to add me, this time i'll pm send a pm to whoever commented here. for the next one (i.e if would still liked to be pm'ed) add me 😊  I'll be updating about twice a week.
     Also this ff will be a 11 pm ff like ekta maam's 11 pm show, i.e it will be a bit mature at times, so children pls refrain from reading this, i don't want to spoil u guys 😳

Breath of Fresh Air

Chapter 2

He took a deep breath before the door opened. 11 years, he had been away from home, and he couldn't fathom until now that he would miss this place so much. He needed strength to face what awaited him on the other side of the door. The door opened, he looked ahead and found no one... huh! Who opened the door then? He felt a tug in his pant and looked down, there she was, the reason of his existence, Ruhi.

Ruhi stood still for 15 seconds after opening the door, her father was here, she was meeting her father after 8 months, she wanted to make sure that he was there for real and hence she pulled his pant.

Raman looked down at Ruhi with a smile, he missed her and he loved her even more than he missed her. But he couldn't say that to her, could he? His eyes fell on the mole on her upper lips as she smiled back at him showing her bateesi and his smile vanished.

"Ruhi hato, kya kar rahi ho, main gir jaunga" he said with an angry expression. Her smile vanished but she composed herself and said "I missed you papa"
"ha theek hai, ab yahi khadi rahogi ya ander bhi aane dogi"
"Arre mera beta aa gaya" toshi approached him with a puja ki thali "ruk mai teri aarti utar leti hu"
"yeh kya hai ma, mujhe arti warti nehi karwani" but nevertheless his mother forced a teeka on his forehead.

One by one he met all his family members, mummy, papa, Romi and Rinky and even the house help kamla. He was tired and above that his tooth ache wasn't helping him much. His mother told him that he needs to freshen up and come back. So he went to his room expecting it to be renovated according to his taste like he had asked Mihir to do.

"Romi Romi... yeh kya mazak hai, kiska kamra hai yeh" he shouted

Everyone came running to his room
Toshi said "arre wah, kya badhiya sajaya meri Ruh ne"
Raman "kya khak badhiya sajaya hai, koi baccho ka kamra hai joh... kya? Ruhi ne sajaya?"
Ruhi stood at a corner of the room, almost on the verge of crying
"Aur nei toh kya, subhe paanch baje se lagi hai iske peeche"
Raman looked at Ruhi and felt a tug in his heart, he slowly said "accha hai" and Ruhi's face lit up and said "sacchi papa"
"ha but abhi yeh sab utaro, aur jaisa pehle tha waisa hi kardo, Romi, Rinki, Ruhi ki madad kar do" he turned to move out of the room "main kisi aur room mein fresh ho leta hu."

Nothing, as in nothing was going right in Ishita's life today. The patients waiting for her were cursing her for being late and above all she couldn't concentrate on her patients thanks to the Ravan she met this morning. She was missing Ruhi badly but she knew Ruhi must be buzy spending happy moments with her father now.
                  Ruhi's father was always a mystery for Ishita, he seldom called and never came home on holidays, he lived in Mumbai and has recently shifted his base to Delhi. The news had as a pleasant surprise for the Bhalla family. Ruhi was overjoyed with the news, she loved her father the most. But whenever Ruhi returned from a vacation in Mumbai, there was this hidden sadness in her heart that only Ishita could feel. She was a mother afterall, Ruhi has been her world for the past 5 years and she could understand her unsaid words. She has decided to talk to Mr. Bhalla about it and sort it out when she meets him today.

Santoshi Bhalla knew her son was never this rude, he was a sweet boy with a beautiful heart. The sweetness wasn't there now but the heart was there and she was sure of it. And now that he was back, she would make sure he gets all the love he deserves.

"Raman puttar khana lag gaya hai aaja, dekh hum sab na tera intezaar kar rahe the, Ruhi ne bhi kuch nehi khaya subhe se"
Everyone sat on the dining table and were chatting their heart out when their land phone buzzed. Ruhi rushed to it and without wasting a second called out "ishu aunty?" "ha mere baccche ne khana khaya?" "kha liya, aur pata hai papa ko mera decoration pasand aaya, aur..."

Raman could no longer concentrate on their conversation, Ruhi's Ishita aunty has been the centre of his family's conversation for the past years, and according to his family, the first word Ruhi spoke was a broken baby version of ishiii. That disturbed him way more than it should have. Although he has done nothing to deserve this much of love from his daughter, but it was Ishita whom Ruhi loved the most. He was thankful to her for taking care of Ruhi but he also disliked her for being the centre of Ruhi's world and also his family's. Anyways he would meet her in the evening, his mother informed him that she was in her clinic right now. A caring doctor is gud, his Ruhi is in the right hands. He smiled. Oh and that reminded him of his tooth ache. And in no way would he tell that to his family, he was the lion and lions don't have tooth aches.

He sent a sms Mihir to give him the address of a dentist and told his family members that he had some important meeting and would be back by evening.

At the reception area, he said "Raman Bhalla ke naam se appointment li hui hai"
the receptionist looked at the appointment lists "ji aapka Dr. Iyer se appointment hai aap 1st floor chale jayiye next number aapka hai"
"thank you" wah Delhi mein Madrasi dentists bhi hai he thought.

He opened the door and entered, Dr Iyer was a women, her back was facing him. She was treating another patient. So he sat down at the waiting area and looked at the poor patient who looked visibly at pain and that gave him goose-bumps. He shifted his gaze to the cruel doctor and found her oddly familiar. He tried to remember where he saw her, when the doctor turned and told him "aap yaha baithiye"

"AAP" "TUM" they both shouted in unision.
wah mere badla lene ka time aa gaya, Ishita thought "aap yaha kya kar rahe hai?"

Oh toh madam Madrasan hai aur dentist bhi. Remember Raman tujhe sorry bolna hai, he thought. But then he was the Raman Bhalla and sorry never came easily to him specially when it was this junglii billi at the receiving end. So he went closer to her with a crooked smile and said "woh kya hai na, subhe kuch kachra chala gaya tha muh pe, ussi ko saaf karwane aaya hu" and winked.

chapter 3: page 8 Direct Link

Edited by dochdoe - 9 years ago