My first OS story!

uttaranfanfoe thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey Guys,

I'm a bit new to this writing thing, but this is the first soap that has made me want to try Atleast! It's a one-shot for now, on the current track. A bit of liberties have been taken with the characters. Monday's episode is beginning to frighten me a little.. I hope that they get back together as now we have confirmation that both the new aunt and her son are evil.. And they can't do much villainy now. It sucks already! Anyway, on with the writing bit, as it were-

Title: One Day At A Time

Contrary to what most people thought, Aliya was no stranger to being misunderstood. Her Bhopal friends liked her no doubt, but after her rather hurried wedding to Zain, they had thought Zeeshan had been right all the while- she was a double dealer. They thought she was much happier with her own handsome cousin, with wealthy in laws and the prospect of living in hip and happening Mumbai. The fact that the cousin hated her and accused her constantly of ruining his life, the fact that her own aunt treated her like an intruder, the contempt her sisters-in-law showered her with.. All of these seemed to have escaped them entirely. There was no point in trying to convince them, nothing was ever openly said, but implied sneakily, leaving her no choice but to smile, nod along and pretend that the tears in her eyes didn't exist.

Her marital life was fraught with misunderstandings, both accidental (in the case of Zain) and wilful (in the case of her aunt, who believed what she wanted to and ignored the rest) She was accused of stealing, selling heirloom jewellery for her own personal fancies, adultery and much more. None of this broke her, and she had risen again and again to fight against these injustices. For her parents, for her beloved uncle, for her Zain.

And now she was accused of filing a false case, poisoning her uncle, stealing their property.

Aliya was too tired to fight anymore.

Her parents, her own beloved guardians whom she trusted and valued and loved- they had betrayed her, treated her like a child. She knew they had meant well. But what right did they have to interfere, to not even tell her what they planned, to drag her innocent Zain into the mess?

Her uncle was gone, his final gift to her trapping her into this situation.

And Zain..

Back then, in the cold storage, she had wished to die instead of her husband. And when they were rescued, she was so happy, so absurdly happy. Thinking back though, she wished that she had died.. Maybe then none of this would have happened. Or maybe it would have happened anyway, but she would've been spared Zain's pain. For he had lost both father and wife at one go. Aliya was exceedingly hurt by the hate he had for her in his eyes, but more hurt by the pain, the betrayal, the bewilderment in them. If he had merely hated her, she would've survived. It was his continuing love for her that was killing her inch by inch.

She knew Rehan was impressed and a little puzzled at her strength, and her refusal to give up. But he didn't know that she was merely functioning, getting through one day at a time, all for her uncle. The dreaded third talaq was not the end of it. For hurting his son, her uncle had doomed her to stay forever on the sidelines of Zain's life.. She'd watch him get married again, fall in love again, have children.. And slowly forget her. And one day he wouldn't hate her anymore. Just be indifferent, maybe even politely friendly. And that was when her heart and spirit would break, after threatening to all this while.

END

I'm sorry if I was overtly melodramatic, but I just love Aliya so much and feel for her so badly! Comments and criticism is welcome.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Filmyarchu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
WOW it's very well written and nice concept :)
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So I am the first one to comment...that's pretty good !
Jokes apart..you were exceedingly good,brilliant i must say..but is this really your first work..your writing is flawless,and you penned down Aaliya's emotions,the very fact that smetimes even love can suck life out of you,more then hatred,that how Zain's pain was slowly crushing her spirit..loved the ending and Please write more..we need writers, as much as possible in this forum..and Welcome to the writers circle..! :)
LiveLifeInBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
you write very beautifully dear 👏
I am doing my best to stay positive and I hope the CVs have something up their sleeves.
I do not think they would do the mistake of breaking their fans' hearts especially when trps are crucial at this point in time.😊

Please keep writing.
uttaranfanfoe thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnnRosewood

So I am the first one to comment...that's pretty good !

Jokes apart..you were exceedingly good,brilliant i must say..but is this really your first work..your writing is flawless,and you penned down Aaliya's emotions,the very fact that smetimes even love can suck life out of you,more then hatred,that how Zain's pain was slowly crushing her spirit..loved the ending and Please write more..we need writers, as much as possible in this forum..and Welcome to the writers circle..! :)

Thank you for a very warm welcome and praise! I love writing, but haven't ever dared to post anything much online. But Zain and Aliya.. Oh god they're such wonderful characters! I love them both so much that I just couldn't resist!
uttaranfanfoe thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Saheba-

you write very beautifully dear 👏

I am doing my best to stay positive and I hope the CVs have something up their sleeves.
I do not think they would do the mistake of breaking their fans' hearts especially when trps are crucial at this point in time.😊

Please keep writing.

Yes I'm petrified for Monday! I both want it to come and don't want it at the same time.. What if it's bad news! Eee I'll tear my hair out!
cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
res... will be right back...
oriyu24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Beautifully written dear...
Loved it...
Keep writing...
ZFA_Flower thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
for first time i must say its absolutely perfect
uttaranfanfoe thumbnail
Thank you all! you're all so sweet! 😊 I'll be back with more!