Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I don't think it is necessary to dislike Arjuna/Draupadi to like Karna.πŸ˜†

I personally don't like KMG translation. It is referred the most only because it is easily available!
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

<font color="#003366" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think it is necessary to dislike Arjuna/Draupadi to like Karna.πŸ˜†</font>

<font color="#003366" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I personally don't like KMG translation. It is referred the most only because it is easily available!</font>

Not necessary but its not easy either...Infact now I have seen it that it has become a trend to hate one character to prove love for another one... πŸ˜†
I sometimes get disgusted to read comments of some people in other sites...like Youtube n all...
viji2111 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Beautiful.

I loved every bit of this OS.
You depicted Draupadi and Karna's pain, mistakes and restlessness perfectly.
Reasons behind the actions of Kunti, ShriKrishna, Duryodhan were very nicely written.
First wife's pain was so beautifully expressed with the examples of Hidimbi, Vrushali, Draupadi and Kunti.
I liked your take on each and every character mentioned.
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: viji2111

Beautiful.

I loved every bit of this OS.

You depicted Draupadi and Karna's pain, mistakes and restlessness perfectly.

Reasons behind the actions of Kunti, ShriKrishna, Duryodhan were very nicely written.

First wife's pain was so beautifully expressed with the examples of Hidimbi, Vrushali, Draupadi and Kunti.

I liked your take on each and every character mentioned.

Thank u so much...
I am glad u liked it...
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Brilliant writing😊...
.I can understand why u were scared before posting it!!!

I really feel draupadi was dragged in this epic to no fault of hers
It was not just longing for her lost love for Arjuna, it was a longing for all what she had lost"her self-respect and the honour and protection she expected from her husbands. It was a longing for a normal, uncomplicated life, for a simple existence with a home, husband and children, a life without politics, intrigue, war and ruin. It was a longing to be treated as a self-respecting woman, and not as a pawn to be used as her father and her husbands had done. She did not want to be perceived as an object of lust as Duryodhana and Dushasana had done, or as a means of revenge as Karna had done
I really feel bad for her😭

In case of the part of the views of first wife I found it very convincing... really glad that somebody thinks same as mine...but i feel Vrushali and Karnas relation was different but u wrote it beautifully nevertheless ...instead i feel that Supriya was ignored unlike Vrushali who is given a separate part to express herself... after reading Mrityunjay!! Supriya's love was pure... She did not expect any thing from him in return I think she was Karna's Radha!!!! but in case of Hidimba I too feel the same her heart must have shattered seeing her husband with Panchali I feel bad for her😭😭

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am amazed and speechless and the neutrality of urs r just needs great applauds finally someone understood they both were humen and both had done mistakes so no need to justify their deeds
Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Splendid writingπŸ‘ loved the way their conversation took place in heaven
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: amritat

Thank u so much...😊
I have a lot of question regarding some characters in the epic...
Who sets norms of the society?
Who made the rule that only men can marry many times, but women cant?
Does no-one care about the feelings of the first wife?
Why is Kunti hated so much by so many readers of the epic?
I guess these questions made me write this OS...
And I am glad that u liked it.
I will try to write on Dhritarashtra and others...
Thank u for commenting...😊

i guess most of these questions arise because we try to view dwapar yug from our kal yug perspectives

people feel bad when their feelings are hurt and feelings are formed since childhood on the basis of society you live in

if a woman since childhood lives in a society where every man she knows whether its her husband or her brother marries multiple times her feelings towards polygamy will be completely different

and that is how dwapar yug was

i am not saying whether first wives felt bad or not but what i am saying is perhaps they didn't feel bad to the extent we think they did

because the way we have been brought up and the way our thinking is its huge deal but in their society where almost each and every man had a more than wives their thought process would have been different from ours

in other words like in your OS Drauapdi never felt bad when her other husbands married even though she did love them in some way which shows that because of the society she was in she was used to polygamy and never felt hurt because of it

she was only hurt in Arjuna's case because of the way she loved him but as such the act of polygamy never hurt her i mean if she was his second or third wife she would have been hurt since she was hurt because of love not because of polygamy as an act

same would have been for other first wives as well

again not saying whether first wives did feel bad or not may be they did but to the extent we think since they were born and brought up only in such an environment

personally i think considering the situation in dwapar yug perhaps Draupadi's situation was a bit better .In Dwapar yug since women only had one husband and husbands had many wives most of the women just spent their entire life in trying to gain or keep their husbands attention or love.But in Draupadi's case atleast she had the love of all her 5 husbands .So if some husband was busy with some of his other wife atleast she never felt lonely or all alone.But ya marrying 5 people would have come with separate problems as well.But there were some benefits as well considering how the situation would have been for other wives

Edited by Sabhayata - 10 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanskrutiii

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Brilliant writing😊...
.I can understand why u were scared before posting it!!!

I really feel draupadi was dragged in this epic to no fault of hers
It was not just longing for her lost love for Arjuna, it
was a longing for all what she had lost"her self-respect and the honour and
protection she expected from her husbands. It was a longing for a normal,
uncomplicated life, for a simple existence with a home, husband and children, a
life without politics, intrigue, war and ruin. It was a longing to be treated as
a self-respecting woman, and not as a pawn to be used as her father and her
husbands had done. She did not want to be perceived as an object of lust as Duryodhana and Dushasana had done, or as a means of revenge as Karna had done
I really feel bad for her😭

In case of the part of the views of first wife I found it very convincing... really glad that somebody thinks same as mine...but i feel Vrushali and Karnas relation was different but u wrote it beautifully nevertheless ...instead i feel that Supriya was ignored unlike Vrushali who is given a separate part to express herself...after reading Mrityunjay!!Supriya's love was pure... She did not expect any thing from him in return I think she was Karna's Radha!!!! but in case of Hidimba I too feel the same her heart must h

ave shattered seeing her husband with Panchali I feel bad for her😭😭

Thank u so much...
I am glad that u admire Draupadi coz i am a huge admirer of hers...
Howver i feel that Karna n Vrushali's love story as u have read in novels is probably fictitious as there id no clear mention of wat kind of equation Karna shared with his wives...
So i guess the love stories of Karna'd wives r more imaginations of authors than actual facts...
That is y i guess i made up a story of theirs in this manner as their equation is not clearly depicted in the epic...

Anyway, thank u so much for commenting... 😊
I am glad u liked it... 😊
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Patrarekha

I am amazed and speechless and the neutrality of urs r just needs great applauds finally someone understood they both were humen and both had done mistakes so no need to justify their deeds

Thank u...
N sorry for not replying earlier.