Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KURT15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ltelidevara

He again stressed on Draupadi's special love for him and stated she may be polyandrous physically but mentally she loved only one.

@Iteli, sorry for barging in like this, but just out of curiosity, do you even know what you are saying? Your favourite author as you call him has said she slept with five men and yet loved only one. And you approve because that one is your favourite. But what does that make her? In my knowledge, there is only one word for a woman who sleeps with one while loving another. And I don't consider Draupadi to have been such a woman. I never expected a self proclaimed fan of Draupadi to endorse such a view of her. It seems your ArDi obsession is clouding your reason and your judgement. You think it over.

@Amrita, Excellent OS. I really loved it.
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: KURT15

@Iteli, sorry for barging in like this, but just out of curiosity, do you even know what you are saying? Your favourite author as you call him has said she slept with five men and yet loved only one. And you approve because that one is your favourite. But what does that make her? In my knowledge, there is only one word for a woman who sleeps with one while loving another. And I don't consider Draupadi to have been such a woman. I never expected a self proclaimed fan of Draupadi to endorse such a view of her. It seems your ArDi obsession is clouding your reason and your judgement. You think it over.

thank you for saying this KURT i was thinking this from many days these so called ArDi fans don't know they insult both Arjun and Draupadi in the process of proving their amar prem. i mean its ok to love ArDi but for that sake if you want to prove that they only loved each other then remember you are proving both of them pathetic persons.

just imagine what a man will look like who keeps on going to other women for few moments pleasure yet keep loving another woman? (dont try to prove all other wives of arjuna tried to trap him. coz even if its true for Uloopi its clearly written to he himself wanted to both Chitra and Subhadra. and i don't need a phd to read that i have two eyes and a brain.)
and if you believe Arjun only kept loving Draupadi while going to them then it makes him a pathetic man who uses women as he is missing his so called amar prem

and it will be a great insult to Draupadi itself when these fanatics want her to be with this kind of man

and now coming to Draupadi. is it too tough to believe that she loved all her husbands? yes she pinned for Arjuna becoz Arjuna was away for maximum times. if it was bheem who goes out this often Draupadi would have cried for Bheem too.

and if at all these so called phd people want to prove Draupadi loved only Arjuna while sleeping with other pandavas then i simply don't see any wrong to claim Draupadi loved Karna as well while sleeping with pandavas.. or in that matter she loved Krishna as well.

i now wonder if ardi fanatics want to ship thep by stooping to this level i am announcing i am a pproud Karna-Draupadi shipper .

and if Indrajit Banerjee is authentic tpo someone for just support of their favourite i will say ?Chitra Banerjee is authentic to me too for her support to my favourite
KURT15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agree with you 100% Jhum. I know you are KD shipper. I have no problems with that. But I am not really comfortable shipping Karna or Draupadi with anyone but their respective spouses. And I believe Draupadi loved all her husbands and Arjuna too loved all his wives. But there might have been favourites, even moms have favourites, so that is only human. But to claim only love is what I cant digest. Because as you said, its an insult to both. But to each his own, if they like to insult their favourites, who am I to say no! 😉
Edited by KURT15 - 8 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Patralekha,You are free to assume Karna and Draupadi as lovers. Who prevented you? Likewise if some scholars are are hell bent on proving Draupadi as only Yudhi's wife we the ARDI lovers have every right to side with Scholars like Indrajit Bandopadhyay. So I am not the kind who will get bothered by your takes on my views. And I have my own reasons ,valid proofs and etc with me which I don't need to share with you. What I told Amrita is between her and me. So think what ever you want. It's ok with me.
Patrarekha thumbnail

Originally posted by: KURT15

Agree with you 100% Jhum. I know you are KD shipper. I have no problems with that. But I am not really comfortable shipping Karna or Draupadi with anyone but their respective spouses. And I believe Draupadi loved all her husbands and Arjuna too loved all his wives. But there might have been favourites, even moms have favourites, so that is only human. But to claim only love is what I cant digest. Because as you said, its an insult to both. But to each his own, if they like to insult their favourites, who am I to say no! 😉

see KURT i might be a Karna-Draupadi shipper but i am very well aware in epic there is no forbidden love angle about them. for me its just they would have made a perfect couple and hence i ship them. similarly if arDi fans think they could have made a perfect couple its completely alright. there are people to think same about Bheem-Draupadi Yudhisthir-Draupadi Duryodha-Subhadra and even Duryodha-draupadi or above all Krishna-Draupadi (which i also believe)

so its completely personal choice but for that you cant prove whole epic wrong.

about favourite well from only Yudhisthir's word iwe come to know Arjun is Draupadi's favourite. but yudhisthir was not a psychriatist. his words proved he was insecured and jealous over Arjuna as he was possessive of draupadi. except his word no single action of Draupadi in entire epic shows she loved arjuna more than others. (dont show her cries over arjuna absense as no other pandavas were absent as long as Arjuna)

similarly we don't see Draupadi is Arjuna's favourite. when its not there to prove Subhadra was his favourite even after his instant fall and desperation of getting her. there no single proof is there Draupadi was his favourite. (don't show me that single beloved wrd in giving ornament time it doesn't prove he loved other wives any less when they were not even present in that scene.)

all in all i will say its completely okay you love ArDi, kd , kridi don't try to prove what is not in epic.

i love Arjun-Subhadra and arjun-Chitrangada most but going through epic i can only say arjun's soul was belong to his keshav thats in the epic but i won't argue over it
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Amrita - I read your OS another time after I watched "deewani mastani" song from BM for the first time. The only thing that caught me was Kasi Bai who looked like a fresh growth of leaves among pale fallen leaves and I was reminded of your OS. So I read it again. I really have no words to express what I felt reading it another time. It was like a morning breeze!!!!
And when I came here to say that, I saw this thread has become a mini Kurukshetra.😆 I am surprised reading your views on Draupadi and I respect such bold views. I have a few doubts which I will ask through PM. I know this thread is more a work of love and poetry. Still I am taking a little liberty.😉 Hope you will spare me.😆

@Itelidevara - Madame, I am extremely sorry to disturb your discussion. Hope you will overlook that considering my curiosity. Having known Sanskrit, you must also be knowing that the only thing Rig Veda condemns is "gambling", not even vine or women. There is an entire hymn in 10th Mandala of Rig Veda that condemns and discourages gambling. When we say Mahaprasthanika Parva is not a later addition, are we not actually going against Rig Veda? Why? Because the key incident of Mahaprasthanika Parva is the greatest gambler walked ever on earth - Yudhishthira - went heaven in human form. By gambling away even his wife, Yudhishthira not only condemned the Rig Veda, but also committed the biggest sin. And this Parva says that gambler went heaven. How is that even sensible? Well, I don't think we can distrust Rig Veda. If some one from Pandava side was actually capable of going "heaven", it was none other than Draupadi, I firmly believe.
Another thing, Indrajeet Bandhopadhyaya cannot be taken seriously. He is the fool who compared Draupadi with Vag Devi. Don't misunderstand me. He has compared Draupadi's speech with Vag Sooktam of Rig Veda, without understanding the contexts of both. Vag Sooktam (aham rudrebhi: vasubhi: charaamyaham... I move through Rudra, Vasus...) is the expression of a woman who has achieved the state of Parabrahma, or the supreme-soul or Paramatma. The Rishi (Vag Ambhrani) here calls herself as the Queen of universe because She was born in a female body with which she had attained the Supreme. Now when She speaks through the hymn, it is Paramatma speaking through her. Paramatma is beyond any gender, colour and race. But the speech of Draupadi was only about how to serve husbands. Draupadi was NOT a woman who had that self-realisation. There is difference of Sky and Earth between expressions of these two speeches. How can one even compare them? That is exactly like saying darkness equals light. Indrajeet Bandhopadhyaya is ignorant about this basic fact. He does not know what Rig Vedic hymns stand for. (I am not saying that I know) So he compared both. I find that childish and meaningless.
I hope you are not feeling offended. I am sorry if you have felt so. It was not my intention.
Patrarekha thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevara

Patralekha,You are free to assume Karna and Draupadi as lovers. Who prevented you? Likewise if some scholars are are hell bent on proving Draupadi as only Yudhi's wife we the ARDI lovers have every right to side with Scholars like Indrajit Bandopadhyay. So I am not the kind who will get bothered by your takes on my views. And I have my own reasons ,valid proofs and etc with me which I don't need to share with you. What I told Amrita is between her and me. So think what ever you want. It's ok with me.

i don't want to even see your proves. and keep on trusting IB . none stops you. but yes if it feels to prove your point right others have same right to prove theirs right specially when it insults an epic character like Arjuna
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@GC - That was a million dollar question.😃
@Jhum - Agree with you though I am against KD. To each, his own. But trying to prove that alone truly exists in the book is only being childish.
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Amrita,I am sorry I made your place filled with unwanted arguments which might have disturbed you who I assume is dignified and peaceloving. I beg pardon that in my fascination to have a dialogue with you I didn't anticipate the way it might turn about.Please forgive me for my thoughtless action.If ever I want to have a word with you I will do it through PM.Again sorry Amrita.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is happening here????????

For God's sake, this is NOT a discussion thread but MY OS...
I was away for a while n I didnt read all this.
I came back n saw all kinds of fan wars here?

Ardi fans...K-D fans...What is wrong with you people?
Have I ever gone to anyone's FF n OS thread n jeopardized it? Not even in K-D OSs...
I know there are people who have written love stories on K-D on Indis Forums...Have I EVER gone there n started arguing wat is there in the epic n wat is not?
Then y are u people starting fan wars here?

This is NOT a discussion thread. In a discussion thread we can argue all we want.

Did u people not read my DISCLAIMER?
This is really hurtful.