Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Amarbail is a must-read.. highly recommended. One of my all time favorite books.
I have read alot of Umera's novels.. hers is the list.
Hum kahan ke sachay thay
muthhi bhar mitti
Lahasil
Doraha
Meri zaat zarra e be nishan
Iman Umeed aur mohabbat
Hasil
Amarbail
Husna aur husan ara
Zindagi gulzar hai
Maine khwabon ka shajar dekha hai
Peer-e-kaamil
Darbar-e-dil
Mann o salva
Aks
BlackJack. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
of course I couldnt get my hands on AmarBail or would have read it already. I like Umera's work. Why aint she writing more?
Is it because of the screenplays she is taking in heaps?
Usman. thumbnail
^ I guess she has some issues going on with the publishing house. Her couple of books are in the pipeline for quite some time now. Aab-e-Hayaat (sequel to Peer-e-kaamil) & there is another one... i forgot its name..
BlackJack. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have heard about it too but is it going to go on forever.
Do you read other Pakistani writers...writers like Mohsin Hamid and Kamila Shamsia?
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Usman.

You dint like JKP?? I really liked the first part. 2nd wasnt that gripping.
And you're right about Nemrah pens down her men too good.. Badar was a well etched out character. I was somewhat disappointed at Zahra's character. Much more could have done with her character. Her character came out really strong in the beginning. But later on, she became a typical third angle of a triangle. :/
I have read about Namal, but i will read it once it will come out in book form.

I really enjoyed the first half of JKP but then it started veering into some sort of western thriller area and then I gave up on it. When it was revealed that one guy was acting as all these different people (i have forgotten names 😆) and he had kept tabs on her all throughout, I went all, "nopes! not my cup of tea!" and slammed it shut..

Badar is one of my few Urdu novel crushes! I really loved these layers which each character had plus the mystery was of the ghost of graveyard was very gripping. Special kudos to the end of the novel!
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AshesToDust

yes Farhat's writings and her stories are over-simplified and are good o read once you are in those high moods otherwise they sound far from reality. Plus he one's i have read are all about the high class, she never writes about the middle ones or the poor ones plus of course she is almost always high on romance.
I really detest characters who have nothing in life but a branded attire and party/ gathering on their minds.

I was crazy for Farhat's "Jo Bache Hain Sang Samait Lo" in the starting chapters but when I finished it, i didn't have this bittersweet feeling I usually have after finishing a good book. I gave my sister-in-law Diyar-e-Dil to read and when she finished it, she said some of the scenes from the novel were "inspired" by Judith McNaught's novels and I realized that she was right...Farhat ka style is making western contemporary romances set with Pakistani characters 😆 At that point i gave up on her...

Shab-e-Aarzoo ka aalam (Aneeza Ahmad)
How did you manage to read that??? The drama was the worst ever.

I still havent managed to read Jannat ke patte and Mushaf. :(
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: AshesToDust

I have heard about it too but is it going to go on forever.
Do you read other Pakistani writers...writers like Mohsin Hamid and Kamila Shamsia?

No, I have mostly read Umera & Nemrah.
Farhat Ishtiaq, i gave up on her after reading 3 or 4 novels written by her.
I have read one book each of Abdul Haleem Haqqi, Aneeza Ahmad & Hashim Nadeem..
Other than these above mentioned names, i have not read anyone else's book.

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Shab-e-Aarzoo ka aalam (Aneeza Ahmad)

How did you manage to read that??? The drama was the worst ever.

I still havent managed to read Jannat ke patte and Mushaf. :(

They had a drama based on that novel.. what was its cast and who produced and directed it?
not going to watch it just asking.
Even though the story is short yet it dragged.. Dint like it at all.. its my habit, when i start a book.. no matter how much i hate it, i need to complete it. Same happened with this book.

You need to read Musahaf.. highly recommended.. JKP is not bad either.
Edited by Usman. - 10 years ago
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

I really enjoyed the first half of JKP but then it started veering into some sort of western thriller area and then I gave up on it. When it was revealed that one guy was acting as all these different people (i have forgotten names 😆) and he had kept tabs on her all throughout, I went all, "nopes! not my cup of tea!" and slammed it shut..

Badar is one of my few Urdu novel crushes! I really loved these layers which each character had plus the mystery was of the ghost of graveyard was very gripping. Special kudos to the end of the novel!

JKP (1st part) was really intriguing and interesting. It kept me hooked throughout... in the 2nd part, i was not satisfied with the outcome of the suspense. Jehaan Sikandar's story also looked really filmy. Thats why, i enjoyed reading the first one more that the 2nd one.

I really liked the ending of Belly rajputan... i think the best part was that princess Maya Fernandes remained true to the character..even in the end. I was not expecting that.
Edited by Usman. - 10 years ago
Usman I dont remember the director but it came on ARY. It had Mohib and that new girl the one they have casted in Bin Roye Ansoo as Mahira's older sister. She is pretty but she can't act AT ALL. The drama was so bakwas.