Uniquely...me thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Scanning a few Islamic sites...I came across this...some dos and dont's during IDDAH(in Arabic),iddat(Urdu)
NOTE- views differ in various sites...

It was a long post...highlighted some based on the track...
PROHIBITION OF MARRIAGE DURING IDDAH
1. The Qur'aan prohibits a direct proposal of the marriage to a woman observing iddah and a man is allowed to give only a veiled hint to her of his desire to marry her (Surah al Baqarah - 235). It is therefore not permissible to even propose to her or to become engaged to her whilst she is observing iddah.
2.It is a kabirah (cardinal) sin to solemnise such a marriage and even to participate in it.
3.A marriage contracted by the wife during the period of iddah shall be a void (baatil) marriage and shall not be recognised in Islam.

REMAINING IN THE HOME DURING IDDAH
2. If she is the sole bread winner with no other means of income then only is she permitted to leave her house during the day to seek her livelihood. She must return to this house before nightfall and as soon as she has completed this duty during the day.
3. It is not required that she confines herself to a certain room or that she remains silent during the iddah. She should preferably occupy herself with ibaadah or any virtuous act. She may carry out any house work. She must not indulge in any sinful activity or pas- time.
4. She may leave the house for unavailable or emergency medical treatment, but should return immediately thereafter. If the distance to such services exceeds the limit of safar (77.25 km or 48 miles) she must be accompanied by a Mahram (a male member of the family whom she cannot marry by Islamic Law).
5. She may not leave the borne to visit the ill or go to a place where there is a funeral, though they be close' relatives or even immediate neighbours.
6. She may move to another house if she cannot find sufficient accommodation

Note: In all the instances described above where shifting from the house of the iddah to another house is mentioned utmost care must be taken.

* that the cause be true and genuine.
* that she moves to the nearest available safe house from where she lived.
* that she completes her iddah in this house. She may not move from this house again without a valid Shar'i reason.

For now I think everything is on track...

Edited by 786ahf - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

katmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Its iddat and not iddah I think because I have studied law it says the word iddat some points are right some are wrong