Xclusive Interview: Rani Mukerji on Mardaani, Srks Fan, Aditya Chop

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Xclusive Interview: Rani Mukerji on Mardaani, Srk's Fan, Aditya Chopra

In an exclusive media interview with us, Rani Mukerji talks about Mardaani, her rumored role in Srk's Fan, Aditya Chopra, Marriage, Women centric films and women safety.

What sort of preparation you had to do for Mardaani?

I did a lot of research for this role since we are very narrow minded when we think of cops. Whenever we think of cops we think of police officer kicking a few goons. We think of police officer as a male but never as a female. Let me tell you there are some 1000's of female officers who are not only as great as men but even better than that. I met few female cops; I spoke to them and learnt a lot about the way they dress, the way they talk and the way the tackle with the criminals. It was a amazing experience. We are all actors and we are not actresses. There is no term called "actress" grammatically speaking, the correct term is actor/s. But we are actresses as that's the way things work.

Are to planning to work outside YRF in future? There are rumors of you being a part of Shah Rukh Khan's Fan.

Ofcourse I will do. Why not. Infact I am in talks with a couple of production houses and once things are finalized you all will get to know about it.  (She neither denied nor accepted about being a part of Shah Rukh Khan's Fan)

Do you think audiences will accept you in the de-glam avatar?

I have played the de-glamed avatar all throughout my career starting from Sathiyaa to Black to No One Killed Jessica so I don't think audiences have a problem with me in such a avatar. I am very thankful to Yash Raj to take up this story as they could have taken up any story. We all just discuss what is happening in the world but never do anything about it.

It is often seen that the type of film a actress does narrows down post their marriages as there are restrictions in doing the intimate scenes. So what is your take on this?

The kind of film an actor does depends on personal perspective. It depends upon the background the actor has, the family background of the guy to whom she is married. I feel I being married to a guy who is from the film industry would not have an impact on my film career. Adi (Aditya Chopra) knows about the creativity of a film and he won't interfere in the choices I make. On screen, I portray a character which I am not in real life. When I play a character, I don't care about the vegetable I have to cook at my place, I just get into the character. So if a script demands me to do a bold role, I may think over it.

In the past many movies have come up on such subjects but nothing has changed? Have you planned anything to bring about a change?

People always expect a film to be entertaining and what you expect at the end of the day is to have pop corn, sit and enjoy. With this film we have taken a conscious decision that if we give a message in a preachy manner people will be bored. So we had to present it in a entertaining manner. We have taken the thriller format for the film to give a message oriented story. The film is a basic about a tough female cop and raising a issue about child trafficking and how different police departments tackle the issue. At the end the film gives a message to all women that let the Mardaani inside you come out. There are films which stay with out for your life time like Black, it was not a entertaining film but it made you feel for the differently abled people . We hope you feel the same with Mardaani. I feel we have already inspired a few women in Jhansi. The promo of Mardaani has inspired the women to take action against the guys trying to tease the women.

Are you satisfied with the number of women centric film's in Bollywood?

I feel there should be more films like Mardaani and I don't know if this will bring about a change or no, but I feel this will inspire the girls to fight for their own respect.

Any new comer who has looks to have a good future in Bollywood?

All of them. I feel whomever Yash Raj launches, I like them all.

Are you interested in directing a film or producing a film?

Not at all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow would love to see rani and srk back on screen again!
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I just hope it happens , it will be so nice to see Rani and SRK back together on screen 👍🏼
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Good interview, it would be amazing to see Rani opposite SRK. I loved rani Srk pair.