Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Panchaali. I was not aware that you and sayanee are school mates till you just mentioned.

Yaap we are mates from school, that's why our sautan fight is sooo passionate πŸ˜†

all the time we fall for same characters from books and TV..πŸ˜†

You are right.. Dury was shiva ansh. He cant be all villain as depicted everywhere. It is also true that he had problems only with pandavas. He is hardly shown trying to usurp any territory,. He was no kansa who tortured his own subjects. HP was a prosperous, just kingdom even without yudhi at its helm.
So i do question at times how this war be called dharm yuddha.

I think the answer is as Shakuni Mama said in star MB many a time, that those who win the war make Dharma...

Word Count: 1

panchaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Simantini_M

Finally read it...ur writing style is amazing panchali...bt i disagree with many parts while reading it...eg..bheem tortured his bros thus he became suyodhan to duryadhan...i mean dury is so much brainwashed by mamashree that he deserved da throne always right frm his childhood that he considered throne is his sampatti not yudi's...second dury befriended karn cuz he wld use him against arjun for his brilliant archery skills bt they latter bcm vry gud frnds which is quite obvious how can sumone nt be a gud frnd with such a persona lyk karna aftr living him for a long tym...now coming to dussy he really deserved such a painful death n that too happened for his karma n dury's influence..
This line is so true.."I don't want kingdom
Prince I just want the respect that I
deserve. Acceptance of my skill is
what I long for.'' and dury always wanted war...evn he dint accept peace
Anyways my comment is nt to hurt u or anyone...its my personal opinion...

No I m not hurt

I have written in my OS that is the thought most of us bear about Duryadhan...

and befriending Karna was a huge step for a royal... so I will never believe that Duryadhan embraced him just because he needed someone against Arjun..

Dushasasna deserved his punishment, but he needed to be punished then and there only at the Duyt Sabha...Vastraharan should had to be stopped then and there only...In fact how could Dushasan got the nerve to seize Draupadi when her 5 husbands were breathing!!!
Edited by panchaali - 10 years ago
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Panchaali.. You have been one of the greatest admirers of drau so if you can please write os from her pov as planned earlier.πŸ˜›
Your bff is also planning to write one..πŸ‘
panchaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Panchaali.. You have been one of the greatest admirers of drau so if you can please write os from her pov as planned earlier.πŸ˜›

Your bff is also planning to write one..πŸ‘

The way I feel for Draupadi.. I am not sure if people here will be happy to see it..😊

no its not any about Karna's connection with her (because I too believe it's fictitious)

I find her as one helpless lady who was used the most by her owns...

and that makes me feel for her most...

I don't know whether I am free to write freely about Draupadi or not, so better quit it for now, will write somewhere else..where I can express my opinion freely 😊
Edited by panchaali - 10 years ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail
yes i agree with u panchali that vh shld be stopped then only...i really dnt lyk how yudi was bounded by dharm then n his bros followed hi bros agya n thus followed his dharm instead protecting their wife...bt though late at da end bheem killed all his bros n him to avenge dpadi n thats da most imp thing...n coming to friendship with karn i wl always blv n feel too that dury started frndship with him cuz he knw he wl get benifitted by him in da future though da frndship as i say earlier gets strengthened later ...n da most imp thing is which i dnt lyk abt dury that he cnt see pandavas happy...nvr n thats made him done so adharms in his lyftym n mamashri added fuel to it...
panchaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

You still love me after I told you don't share your views on Duriyodhan

I love you tooπŸ€— πŸ€—

Dear opinions differs...

and that does not make one to hate another I guess

what matters the most is a person's way of expressing

you spoke your mind without demeaning any..that's what I respect.πŸ˜ƒ

and yes an appreciation from the person whose opinion differs makes a writer happiest..because that proves her hard work is worth 😳
Madhura.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Too emotional..I cried pretty much Panchaali.
V well highlighted...and v true. Situation makes one that way..and all were grey yet some were favoured.
I love karna bond u truly put..it was the purest bond of friendship.
V few understand that sadly.
Cos yes Duryodhan cried most in his life then..and he felt his life ws useless.
...Hemangi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi Paanchali,

That was Gr8 OS... loved it. I always wondered whether such a blood thirsty war was the result of all the evil deeds of Duryodhona against the Pandavas. I still remember in my childhood days my grandmom used to tell me stories 4m Mahabharat but mostly from Pandavas POV. But the events related to Dyut sabha has pricked my conscience regarding Pandavas dharmic acts when their common wife Draupadi was insulted & disrobed and all they did was witnessed it like a mute spectator and later on tooks number of vows to avenge these insults which in POV was only for getting the throne of Hastinapur . I always thought their is another story of the same coin which resulted into these ugly events and ultimaltely to the bloody war.

After reading many books & discussions on Mahabharata my perception on the pandavas along with many other pivotal characters has changed. I feel every character in Mahabharata is a grey-shaded Character.

My fav character in Mahabharata is Karna. His life story taught us many moral lessons on life. I feel Dury's act in The Rangbhoomi in favour of Karna was due to the understanding or feeling that they are sailing in the same boat fighting against the narrow minded societal norms of their times. This connection made them bosom friends for lifetime.

I was looking for a gud writing piece from Kauravas or Dury's POV and the book Ajaya is a gud 1. I am eagerly waiting for its 2nd part. Currently I am going thru Aryavarta Chronicles Part 1 : Govinda & later will go thru its 2nd part The Kaurava Clan. Hope these books gives me more insights or POVs from Kaurava characters. Ur OS is another gud piece of writing.
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Very beautifully written Panchuu. 😳 I've always sympathized with Dury n his motives n I support him. He was a great king, warrior , brother , friend , magnificent even in his jealousy n hatred . πŸ‘
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: panchaali

Thank you sakshi for reading and commenting..😊

I have read the blog of Ira Maam which you have shared in Karna AT...

I posted a reply to it also..

check page 123-124 of Karna AT 😊

Anytime Darling!😳

For the Karna thread..yes Dear, i saw ur post and have left u a reply note in there as well..πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰..ur mini citation on a southern folklore was so interesting!πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ