Preetika's Article

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
I saw this on Facebook and just had to post it on the forum. She basically said the same thing that all of us say on a daily basis - Dont give away the story .. Love how she clarified her stance... this lady never fails to amaze me.

PREETIKA RAO ON HER RECENT PARTYING WITH BEINTEHAA TEAM AND CLARIFIES SHE IS NOT A TANTRUM- THROWING DIVA

Subhash K Jha N either Amrita Rao, nor her sister Preetika, who is currently winning hearts as Aaliya in Beintehaa, are known to be particularly social. But on Wednesday, Preetika made an exception and let her hair down to party with the cast and crew of the show.

' It's true. I am not much of a party animal. I don't go out anywhere. I don't have a boyfriend, luckily. If I did, the gruelling hours working on TV would've destroyed our relationship.

I just do my work and rush home to bed because after shooting for 12- 13 hours, one just thinks of crashing out oblivious to the world. But on Wednesday night after packup, my co- star Nandish Sandhu, who plays Rehaan in Beintehaa, wanted to party with the team. I couldn't say no,' Preetika says.

Preetika is horrified by reports suggesting that she plays the tantrum- throwing diva on the sets. ' Not true at all. I get along very well with my co- stars. Harshad Arora, who plays Zain opposite me, may not be a close pal.

However, we have a terrific understanding. After working for so many hours together, for so many months, the least we can expect is for two people to get along. Harshad, Nandish and the rest of the Beintehaa team are all the company that I get. I have no time for anyone else,' Preetika adds.

Preetika is also upset by reports that she was less than cordial with mediapersons and refuses to give interviews on location. Preetika insists that she wasn't rude to any journalist.

' I am supposed to have said, ' Meri jooti bhi interviews na de.' Please! I would never talk like that. Since Beintehaa is a very popular TV series today, our set is frequented by the media and their camera crew almost every day. It distracts the actors and causes unnecessary delays in our shooting schedule.

As artistes, we painstakingly strive to create content to keep the viewers engaged over an extended period of time during the course of our show. Hence, disclosing excessively about the intricacies of the plot- line almost on a daily basis to fans via regular interviews defeats the very purpose of creating the intrigue element in the drama,' Preetika says.

' I prefer to maintain my reserve on disclosing about the daily ongoings of our shoot sequences. I was a journalist myself. I have been on the other side of the fence. I am also well aware of what the media expects of me as a representative of our show. I have discussed my stance with the media and despite them claiming to understand my predicament, they still seem to be regularly misconstruing my reserve as a sign of arrogance.

What have I got to be arrogant about?' Preetika says.

Edited by -Gaganjot- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I just shared the same thing on FB Gagan, Preetika has said what many fans complain about often. I have seen SBB and SBS ruin many upcoming scenes by showing the entire thing in one go, its like where is the suspense? What is the point of watching when you know what will happen? PH should really limit what media is allowed to shoot or don't allow them on sets at all.
Gagan-06 thumbnail
Mandy, yup I saw your reply on FB too.You know she does have a point.. the interest level goes down when you know exactly what is going to happen..

i know our old habit wont go away of not knowing what is coming our way.. but I know i have enjoyed the scenes that I didnt know about much more than the ones I did.. and it does make a difference..

There is something about her nature that really impresses me.
Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Like her answer the media need to tke a rest they like to twist wrds n there's no need to go on the everyday u knw even the ph wnt like it great answers preetika love u .
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -Gaganjot-

Mandy, yup I saw your reply on FB too.You know she does have a point.. the interest level goes down when you know exactly what is going to happen..

i know our old habit wont go away of not knowing what is coming our way.. but I know i have enjoyed the scenes that I didnt know about much more than the ones I did.. and it does make a difference..

There is something about her nature that really impresses me.

Exactly, for example look at the twists we got this week without SBS and SBB to ruin things we were left impressed. This would not have happened if we knew beforehand, it would have taken away the impact of the scene.

Preetika just left me impressed with this IV, media takes it as her being a tantrum queen but I say she is being smart! Preetika and the rest of the cast and crew work so hard to deliver and its upsetting when everything is released ahead of time making all their work go to waste. Its better to be in suspense than have everything spoiled for you in one go
Gagan-06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harshika4Life

Like her answer the media need to tke a rest they like to twist wrds n there's no need to go on the everyday u knw even the ph wnt like it great answers preetika love u .

soo true! and i think because of this she has distanced herself from media... i dont blame her for being hurt...
Rozzzy123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Loved her & will always do.Thnx for sharing.Absolutely true.Nowadays I feel happy dat we r not getting any seg in SBS SBB.After a long time if we get one,then it's worth but everyday saying d same thing bores me also.Thnk God,she cleared abt Harshad too.They may not b on back-slapping terms buddies,but they hv gr8 understanding which shows onscreen.
Gagan-06 thumbnail
True Mandy! Media had even said that she doesnt interact and goes to her room.. like hello if you were awake for 32 hours straight would you not want to go and sleep? Let's be fair working that many hours is not easy ... I know when i have to travel for work and the same day I go to office too.. its tiring . you just want to hit the bed..

Jenny! Absolutely! Shealso said the only company she has is her BI team.. it would be hard to not get a long and work so many hours...
Edited by -Gaganjot- - 10 years ago
...Smile... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article gagan di, I simply love preetika, she is absolutely right, there is no interest if we see what's gonna happen.
N.K.R. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
tfs
i agree with all
thats why i dont watch any segments 😊 i always watch them after the episode if im bored