The "Needs" of a Special Needs Child

kmfan_2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Dear Friends,
I know this is a bit deviated from the the main issue of the Master Mind behind the plot in Yudh...however since such a sensitive issue has been brought up in this show, and shown rather brilliantly๐Ÿ‘ I wish to share a bit more on what they could have highlighted on for the few parents who are watching this track with keenness. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The mother is quite stressed and needs a special session of counselling ---- she needs respite from the situation and has to take charge of herself and free herself from the guilt of feeling ---- I am a bad mom!

The helper here needs to be more discrete as these children DO NOT understand the concept of WAIT -- I'll be back. They want things then and there and so her asking the boy to wait till she returned was asking for trouble more so when she told him where she was going.

I would have loved to see some/at least one out door scene with the boy as just having him indoors playing with his video games will not get him out of his shell. He needs to see the world and be accepted / rejected and learn from those experiences. One has to shed the inhibitions of going out with these children in the larger interest of them.

An involvement of the parents in a support group could have been shown as Anand seems to be quite intelligent in all other aspects so surely he could help his wife get into a support group to keep her going...

It is ideal for a teenage adolescent boy with special needs have a male tutor/helper and it is also preferable that his Dad becoming his best friend in these years. It really works wonders but Anand is shown to be too busy so the wife is left in a state of an overburdened situation.

The best response these children show is when one can be calm when they are having a meltdown and this requires a lot of work to be done on the self by the persons working in close proximity with them. These kids look for a "reaction" of their behaviour by others and enjoy it if they succeed in throwing the so called "normal" people off balance!

Being calm ---- and YET firm with them can bring about a positive change in them.

Sharing whatever I've seen and experienced in the years I have been associated with these kids.๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monikameghan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I applause your knowledge. I am a teacher too and I have also worked briefly with such children. But I think in the show this is not their main issue. I have yet to understand why have they shown it this way. I guess they wanted to show Anand having a troubled life at home himself and yet helping yudh selflessly any time of the day or night. They could have shown Anand having normal child but him having a problem with his wife for not being able to give time at home. Why would they choose to show a challenged child?? May be you can throw some light??
kmfan_2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: monikameghan

I applause your knowledge. I am a teacher too and I have also worked briefly with such children. But I think in the show this is not their main issue. I have yet to understand why have they shown it this way. I guess they wanted to show Anand having a troubled life at home himself and yet helping yudh selflessly any time of the day or night. They could have shown Anand having normal child but him having a problem with his wife for not being able to give time at home. Why would they choose to show a challenged child?? May be you can throw some light??

I really have no clue why they chose this track in this story...but having shown it I want it to be dealt with in a more practical way...

Also somewhere it takes a lot of a parent to give his heart and soul to his profession the way Anand is doing despite having a huge challenge to deal with at home...I somehow cannot call this as selfless...as he has his responsibilities towards his family too...

I wish they showed him with a normal child and I am willing to wait till the end to see where and how this issue fits into this story even though it is not the main one!

Thanks for going through this post and commenting.๐Ÿ˜Š
monikameghan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Your welcome!! Agree with you. Can't wait to find out.
Picasso9 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
IMO the caregiver is going to be more than what Anand bargained for. I feel she's a plant there too, to complicate things on the home front, divide ANAND'S attention and thereby leave Yudh vulnerable. If you look at it, both Mona and Anand are experiencing issues, and now slowly Taruni and Rishi. I think the plan of action is to slowly work through. Yudh's inner circle to get to him.
About the special needs child. It's not always true that these kids behave this way to upset the normals or look for reactions around them (test limits). Some of these kids are not even aware of the consequences of their behavior so it's unfair to generalize it. As for 'enjoyment' of the reactions, completely disagree. If the kids were intelligent enough to 'enjoy' reactions then they would not be special needs would they? They would be able to discern right from wrong. In most cases, during a melt down, redirection is what works, not being firm. Mentally challenged are not afraid of punishment or consequences because they don't understand it. Don't you see, that's why ANAND'S son didn't understand the danger of the fire.
kmfan_2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Picasso9

IMO the caregiver is going to be more than what Anand bargained for. I feel she's a plant there too, to complicate things on the home front, divide ANAND'S attention and thereby leave Yudh vulnerable. If you look at it, both Mona and Anand are experiencing issues, and now slowly Taruni and Rishi. I think the plan of action is to slowly work through. Yudh's inner circle to get to him.

About the special needs child. It's not always true that these kids behave this way to upset the normals or look for reactions around them (test limits). Some of these kids are not even aware of the consequences of their behavior so it's unfair to generalize it. As for 'enjoyment' of the reactions, completely disagree. If the kids were intelligent enough to 'enjoy' reactions then they would not be special needs would they? They would be able to discern right from wrong. In most cases, during a melt down, redirection is what works, not being firm. Mentally challenged are not afraid of punishment or consequences because they don't understand it. Don't you see, that's why ANAND'S son didn't understand the danger of the fire.

Got to agree...to your viewpoint...