OS: Forgotten in Epic- I, Wife of The Mortal-Immortal COMPLETED

582445 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Its an work of pure fiction .. it will follow popular myths n scholar's writings along with the Epic ..IT'S A PURE WORK OF FICTION .. ALL COPY RIGHT IS RESERVED IN MY NAME .. DON'T COPY IT ANYWHERE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Well planned this OS much ago .. started writing sometime ago .. and till now completed 3 parts till now .. I didn't have any idea that it will be so difficult to pen down .. fitting into the shoe of KARNA's wife is not that easy

NOTE: I have planned a CHAIN of OS in this series .. want to explore Karna from 3 different women's POV

1. Who loved Karna - HIS wife

2. A friend of Karna - Bhanumati

3. Who hated Karna - Draupadi

THIS IS 1ST INSTALLMENT OF 1ST OS .. KARNA FROM HIS WIFE'S POV

Tried my best .. will write if after going through the comments .. 2nd part is in the next post

I will post two other OS of this series in MY BLOG .. what I will start really soon

Forgotten in Epic- I, Wife of The Mortal-Immortal

For your love, I am willing to be a sinner in everyone's eyes

I am willing to be maligned in all kinds of stains

I will embrace the path you walk upon,
I will spread my veil where you lie [in dirt],
I will immerse myself in your melody

I remain unsaid unnamed in the epic still I am the one with whom the most magnificent man of the era shared his life. Historians couldn't find any verification of my identity; Vyasa didn't think of mentioning me in his epic. Give me any name Vrushali, Supriya, Padmavati, Ponnurvi I can be anyone. Charioteer's daughter or a princess this is irrelevant for wife of a man who lived striving with his societal identity forever. Let my identity remain in oblivion that will be poetic justice to me.

I was like many other girls of Hastinapur used to wait when the young king of Anga will return from his morning prayer. His birthright may not bring him admiration of influential chamberlain but he was center of curiosity among aristocrat's zenana to indigent's hut. Women's curiosity! Funny enough, you can't restrict with social norms. Don't know when it happened, emotion changed its direction, curiosity changed into affection. I was in love with him and by God's blessing our destiny gets tangled together.

In an auspicious night million stars shined, thousand jasmines poured their fragrance, women blew propitious conch and I saw my husband, splendid like mighty sun and now that nobody but ages old light of stars accompanying me in my room he came, stood beside me

"Why did you marry me girl" he said. "They say I am cursed."

His eyes were fixed on darkness of sky. His voice seemed more distant than Sky-beetles.

"Then I will share curses rather seeking blessings." I whispered.

He looked at me. His deep eyes had little glint in them. "Being my companion you won't get any social respect."

Does he think I am scared or ages earned hatred scares him to his core? I broke the wall of a coy bride looking at him, looking into his eyes, holding his beautiful face I whispered, "The society loathes you, its contempt is an honor to me."

"Only aghast hell in my life .."

Before he could end I replied, "I will refuse hundreds of heavens to be in the hell you live in every birth of mine Angaraj, with you I will turn the hell in home."

Slowly a tears form in his eyes, slowly a smile illuminated his face, slowly the distance between us is eliminated and our lips touched each other's.

I won't be donning the moral garb, obeying any sermons

Let my breast bear the sign of the murky trail that love treads.

To be continued in next post

SCRAWL DOWN

* the song is translation of Rabindra songeet [songs by Tagore]

"Aami tomar preme hobo sobar kolonkobhagi"

What I found APT for Karna's wife

[I too dedicate this song to this tragic hero]

but honestly didn't get a perfect translation so mixed two of them

plz read and review

😳

Index

Part:2

Part:3

Last Part

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

582445 thumbnail

2nd update

In my early years with him I felt a simple truth. HE was a beautiful mind if not necessarily flawless. Filled with love, respect, sympathy, empathy, pain, anger, vengeance, remorse, jealousy; a mighty warrior with vulnerable heart, could be won with little love and respect, could be broken with a word of dishonor.

To poor proletariats of this country he was like human birth of God as opposed to most of the royals of Hastinapoor who considered him as devil reincarnated. I have seen him to laugh in the contradictory stories made on him. He considered himself only as a mortal being and felt proud of it. Divinity wasn't what he desired; death wasn't what he feared. Only thing he craved for respect as a human, acceptance of his talent. Only thing scared him was humiliation.

Politics doesn't intrigue him much but avoiding it was not a choice. He never told me but news used to come inside the zenana of Anga. Incident of Laksha Griha, conspiracy of burning Pandavas - I knew everything. My respect for first Kaurava collapsed. The man who possesses a heart to stand against social norms to appreciate talent, can he scheme to burn people alive? What is HIS involvement in it?

He would give a simple reply, "never ask me for judging Prince Duryadhana. The whole world can judge him but I have no right to do it. Whatever he is I am not ungrateful. I will rather embrace hell serving him than going to heaven ditching him." I was scared at the beginning, then realized, there is many way of Dharma, my husband establish it in loyalty and I will be his companion in this path till death.

Only sometimes he would only sit tired all silent, sometimes would grumble, "I don't understand these tricks of politics. What can be solved wide open with a war, why playing from behind?" Though he never really seek his answer in me, he seeked a shelter, a shelter of peace and love always there for him.

"Mother.. Mother.. mother" My chain of thought broke with sound of little feet. Sudaman came running and flung his little hands on me encircling my legs. Vrishashena entered with his little bow and arrows giggling.

"Vrishasena you scared your younger brother?"

"Noo, not me. It's a big man with chati from the temple. Sudaman is scared of a Chait-men .." Vrishasena repeated same things for three times with a sing a song voice. Sudaman pout and blinked to stop forming tears, "I am NOT shcaaaed (scared). I am bave (brave) like father. I will pove (prove) it one day."

These two now covered with mud and dust little impish kids complete our universe. Vrishasena would always run in palace orchard with his bow and arrow and Sudaman follows. Vrishasena would scare his brother with simple tricks, fight starts what always end up in Sudaman running to me complaining. I keep an eye on them from my balcony. Sometimes I think how HIS mother could just abandon him, I can't even think of my sons going away from me for a day! Can anyone do this to her new born?

"How will you prove it?" Vrishasena is in no mood to stop the fight.

"When I grow up I will.." He took little time to think, "I will go inside the temple ALONE and touch the deity"

"Huh you can't. Don't you know we are not allowed to touch the deity? Only the boys with chati can do it." Vrishasena replied.

"So what, I will make chati, dess (dress) like those boys and touch the God. Like father did." said Sudaman.

I was shocked, he knows about his father! His disguise and deception? He had to fight for his right, and he snatched it from the society. In a society fundamental rights are denied for birth, people must grasp it. He gave the society the way they understand it best. A lie is good when it is told for someone's good, but it is great when it is said for sake of braking age's corrupt myths. But, it strikes me today, one lie is not enough to break a wall of ages amassed lies. The truth is much harder to achieve. Today, even after having royalty we are standing in same place where my children need to fake to enter a temple!

"Father" .. both boys shout together. I didn't notice when He has arrived, now his face is showing clear evidence that he has heard everything. He spreads his arms for taking them up but my eyes only perceive the hollowness of his soul reflecting in his face. Why every time he is answerable for the acts what initiated by other force, why it is his reaction that is always counted. His lie wasn't a deliberate effort but last straw of a helpless person. But, today he has to bear the responsibility if his little child tries to follow his path. I thought to take children away from him when he spoke in calm voice, "Why you want to have chati like those boys? You don't like your hair?" He said lightly.

"No but they won't let me touch the deity. They say only bahmins (Brahmins)and Kshatriyas can enter where God lives." Sudaman completed long sentence in a breath.

HE smiled, "Who says God lives in the temple. He lives with us. You want to touch him?" Sudaman and Vrishasena nodded excitedly.

HE made his way to patio, I followed. "Now stretch your hands in sun," kids did the same and sunlight kissed their little palms. "See God is touching you, showering his blessing. He enlighten the whole world, touches everyone you, me, every living being here. God reaches and blesses all and who can't, he is not God." Two little boys stairs at the blazing sun following their fathers eyes and my eyes only admired the man as bright as Sun ray, the human with undying spirit, untainted in numerous curse. I silently closed my eyes to thank the almighty, he bestows everyone with someone to love but he let me take pride in my love.

TO BE CONTINUED

Read n REVIEW plzz

Plzz overlook my grammatical mistake .. didn't recheck it, feeling lazyπŸ˜†

My Other OS in This Forum: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/110039442

..KarnaKriti.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh! This is absolutely beautiful, Sayanee! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
You finally wrote on our Arya, and that, too, from a wife's POV. 😳
It's like you have put into words all of my inner monologues regarding our Arya.

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

For your love, I am willing to be a sinner in everyone's eyes

I am willing to be maligned in all kinds of stains
I will embrace the path you walk upon,
I will spread my veil where you lie [in dirt],
I will immerse myself in your melody.

"I will refuse hundreds of heavens to be in the hell you live in every birth of mine, Angaraj, with you I will turn the hell in home."

These two quotes describe my feelings for him so accurately that I can't even...How can I ever thank you, Sautan darling? 😭

From 2nd part

'a mighty warrior with vulnerable heart, could be won with little love and respect, could be broken with a word of dishonour.'

^^ This is what I always thought of him! That behind that rough-tough exterior laid a sensitive heart which was capable of so much love and yet could be bruised so easily with a single degrading remark.

Also, I totally loved the way you depicted Arya's perception of God. πŸ‘

One suggestion though, I would rather you replace the Zenana with Antahpura since Zenana is a Persian word.

Edited by Krittz - 10 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

For now I am speechless..thanks a ton for this :)
Edited-
"HE was a beautiful mind if not necessarily flawless. Filled with love, respect, sympathy, empathy, pain, anger, vengeance, remorse, jealousy; a mighty warrior with vulnerable heart, could be won with little love and respect, could be broken with a word of dishonor."
How beautifully you summed him in these lines Sayanee... πŸ‘..
"Though he never really seek his answer in me, he seeked a shelter, a shelter of peace and love always there for him"
It feels great to see that he did have some relations in his life who gave him that shelter and peace...
" the human with undying spirit, untainted in numerous curse"
loved it so much...
Apart from that there are many expressions of Karna's wife that touched me... It felt great to see him being understood so well by someone... who was this close to him...
Eagerly waiting for you to tell this POV further and awaiting perspectives of those other women too...
Thanks specially for the concept.. I have read so many views on him from different feminist perspectives, really looking forward to see a broader perspective..😊
Edited by riti4u - 10 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wow this is simply awsum.
i always felt cv's shouldn't have either introduced vrushaali or when they did they should have shown some bonding and scenes b/w karna and her but ala

srishtisingh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sayanee I really like the flow of ur writing! its really refreshing for me to read from pov of karna wife. continue
Yajnaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Truly loved the OS. You portrayed Karna as he should look like to his family. Making Karna Dr.Ambedkar are we? A very nice idea. Also want to read Bhanumati and Draupadi's point of view. Update soon and thanks for the PM. You picked up a beautiful Tagore song! Are you Bengali?
mocking_bird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I am speechless, Sayanee..it is too good.. I am so upset for the past few days.. I wish i can find something to take my mind off.. ..
Can u please post the entire Rabindarsangeet here..if u have?
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sayanee, your story is simply fabulous!! πŸ‘
I love how you describe the POV of Karna's wife...😊

Please continue...
582445 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mocking_bird

I am speechless, Sayanee..it is too good.. I am so upset for the past few days.. I wish i can find something to take my mind off.. ..

Can u please post the entire Rabindarsangeet here..if u have?

yaah .. I have it in Bengali .. here you go .. I have already given the English version in the OS

Ami tomar preme hobo sobar kolonko bhagi
Ami shokol daage hobo daagi, kolonko bhagi.

Tomar pother kanta korbo choyon, Jetha tomar dhular shoyon
Shetha aanchal paatbo aamar, tomar raage anuraagi

Aami shuchi-aashon tene tene, beraabo na, bidhan mene
je ponke oyi choron pore, tahari chhaap bokkhe maagi

& Sukanya .. thanks for your comment .. I was expecting your comment in my previous OS too .. but you are here I am very happy