Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Such Brilliance !!!!! Loved How You Portrayed The Prejudice Of The Two Best Archers In The World !! I Also Liked Your Way Of Telling How Arjun Realized That He Could Both Eat And Practice In The Dark !!
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WONDERFUL πŸ‘πŸ‘ I got the perfect emotion in Arjun after seeing Karna's feeling towards him πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸΌ Super intro to this lifelong rivalry πŸ‘
Loved Arjun's tenderness to his brothers πŸ‘πŸΌ
So the eating in dark finally takes place πŸ˜ƒ liked the direction of Arjun's thoughts one by one πŸ‘πŸΌ now he will learn Shabda bhed, skill of archery in darkness πŸ˜ƒ can't wait for the bird's eye test now 😊
Carry on! Jai Shri Krishna! Jai Gaandivdhari Arjun!
Shriya95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Srry fr d late reply brish...both parts brought out the dynamics between karn n Arjun very effectively...
The rivalry the tension was very evident...it shows clearly that KaJu did not existπŸ˜•
sayee thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Kudos to you man...!!!!!!!!...U should convert this into a book Brishti...

raj_a_p thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First of all what a brilliant title that revels in contradiction (or should I say oxymoron)πŸ‘. You have brilliantly painted Karna from Dhananjaya's perspective. Keep up the excellent work.
Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello Brishti!

I might just end up posting a long rant, but just had to compliment you on your work. I am almost inactive on the forum now and from past experience I am very cautious about browsing threads. Honestly, I find most of the discussions stimulating at first and very tiring laterπŸ˜†. The usual character debates, events dissection, blame and praise, putting almost everyone in the accused stand, just takes away so much from a text like Mahabharata that just hollowness remains. So, my first applause to you for attempting to restore the balance-to bring back the focus on the most special character, on that one character who holds a mirror to us, who represents us,who invites us to become him.

I opened the post because I found the title very interesting, needless to say the content doesn't disappoint either. It is honest and poignant. Arjuna here is an embodiment of innocence,integrity and love. But most importantly Arjuna was always a SEEKER. Loved the fact that you have explored this aspect really well. Another thing I also liked was Arjuna feeling a sense of 'not belonging' even amidst supposed family and friends. Apart from his brothers who were in essence one with him, Arjuna seems so out of place with other characters-as if he is unable to understand them because they are everything which he is not. This was especially evident in your last chapter. You have internalised Arjun very beautifully and we can almost feel the loneliness his perfection will face in this imperfect world. He will be his own companion until he finds worthy ones as the journey progresses.

Lastly, I read posts lamenting about the lack of focus or discussion on Arjuna,I share the same. I have read whatever little was available be it in Ruth Katz's research or in Maggi Grassi's poetical book from Arjuna's POV and I would say I am satisfied. Arjuna's life is an open book no doubt but the book is placed on a high shelf, thus you have to rise to see it. This is what explains the lack of interest or literature with Arjun. It is easier to find other heroes and sing their woes and tragedy, difficult to emulate the one who rose above all his struggles and was a fulfilled man in the end😊.

Keep writing, looking forward to the Arrow's flight in the future!!
Edited by Sadhana_pr - 10 years ago
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sadhana_pr

Hello Brishti!

I might just end up posting a long rant, but just had to compliment you on your work. I am almost inactive on the forum now and from past experience I am very cautious about browsing threads. Honestly, I find most of the discussions stimulating at first and very tiring laterπŸ˜†. The usual character debates, events dissection, blame and praise, putting almost everyone in the accused stand, just takes away so much from a text like Mahabharata that just hollowness remains. So, my first applause to you for attempting to restore the balance-to bring back the focus on the most special character, on that one character who holds a mirror to us, who represents us,who invites us to become him.

I opened the post because I found the title very interesting, needless to say the content doesn't disappoint either. It is honest and poignant. Arjuna here is an embodiment of innocence,integrity and love. But most importantly Arjuna was always a SEEKER. Loved the fact that you have explored this aspect really well. Another thing I also liked was Arjuna feeling a sense of 'not belonging' even amidst supposed family and friends. Apart from his brothers who were in essence one with him, Arjuna seems so out of place with other characters-as if he is unable to understand them because they are everything which he is not. This was especially evident in your last chapter. You have internalised Arjun very beautifully and we can almost feel the loneliness his perfection will face in this imperfect world. He will be his own companion until he finds worthy ones as the journey progresses.

Lastly, I read posts lamenting about the lack of focus or discussion on Arjuna,I share the same. I have read whatever little was available be it in Ruth Katz's research or in Maggi Grassi's poetical book from Arjuna's POV and I would say I am satisfied. Arjuna's life is an open book no doubt but the book is placed on a high shelf, thus you have to rise to see it. This is what explains the lack of interest or literature with Arjun. It is easier to find other heroes and sing their woes and tragedy, difficult to emulate the one who rose above all his struggles and was a fulfilled man in the end😊.

Keep writing, looking forward to the Arrow's flight in the future!!

Thank you for such a beautiful and long comment! Arjuna is my favourite character from Mahabahrat because I can relate to him, I want to be like him, I can feel for him better than I can for any other character.
And reader's comments inspire me to write more! Thank u so much again for writing to me... I hope you come back here to read the continuation! I started writing this because I really wanted to show my feelings... I really want to relate to him!!
I am very happy you liked the different ways I showed Arjuna in my writing... Hope you keep liking my work! 😊😊
sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I Could Just Feel Yudhishthir's Happiness, And Arjun's Tears Of Joy, So Sweet, But So Deep !!! Loved It !!!
Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
brish chap 17 waa simply superb...
karna's entry too good..
loved the lines i didnt ask to be born as a suta...

the dinner scene is extremely beautiful. i could imagine all these with mb char.. wow!!!

Shriya95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This was deep, very deep brish..too much to absorb in one reading!!!
Drona yudi n bheem's reactions were out of the world!!!!
Dury n ashwi's I liked, atleast as kids they had the sensibility to appreciate his feats...
Overall lovely one brish..write soon😊