Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Wonderful Analysis!!! Even I believe that arjun loved draupadi the most. He was not as expressive as Bhim was but he definitely loved draupadi more than anyone else as he was the one who won her in the svayamvar,
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunnylovessunny

You know I think I made a comment on similar lines before in the forum! I think the exact same thing about their relationship, but then again, you know that! :D :D Wonderful post amrita, loved how you've analysed their relationship! :D :D

Thank you so much dear...πŸ˜ƒ
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eternized_Blues

@ italics- Interesting thought.

I have always thought after the decision was made that Draupadi was going to marry all the Pandavas, he took a step back emotionally where his feelings for her were concerned. I am sure he still loved her very much he just did not advertise it like the other brothers. And to compensate that he became her friend as well as her husband which I think the other four didn't. So, in his own way, Arjun gave her an extra right on him that she did not have with other four brothers. Yudhishtir was all about Dharma, so he offered guidance when she was confused about her feelings. Bheem gave her that unconditional love. Nakul and Sahadev were younger than her. Arjun became her friend whom she could tell her feelings without being judged as sometimes he dealt with the similar issues.

Blues

U see, this whole Arjun hiding his love in his heart, is just a perspective of various authors...
The epic, itself, say anything as such. Actually, Ved Vyas focussed more on the war details, than any love story.
However, this theory, is highly probable.
I am a huge Parth-Panchali fan myself, and I do would want to believe that they loved each other a lot.
However, I thought of analysing the text, keeping my beliefs aside, and this silence is wat I encountered more.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. 😊
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: bheegi

Great post as always Amrita

As eternalized blues mentioned above, I think Arjun's silence is a reflection of his dedication to the unity of the Pandavs. Even in the dyut sabha when Bhima was ready to burn Yudi's hands, Arjun restrained his brother as he didn't want a fall out between the brothers. I think he always knew that Draupadi loved him the most as she was quite an expressive lady and if he reciprocated that affection openly, it could create a potential rift among the brothers.

The only time Arjun let loose his feelings was during the war when Yudi insulted his Gandiv (just before the battle with Karna)

I think we see the pent up feelings pour out at that moment. Of course, Arjun regretted saying all those words to Yudi later but in the heat of the moment he did say: when you mocked me from Draupadi's bed. For me, that one line in the whole epic says it all.

Thank so much dear...πŸ€— Yes, that one dialogue, I forgot about.
U r right, that was one dialogue, where he indirectly expresses his displeasure in having to share Draupadi. I loved it.
Thanks again for commenting. 😊
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yagyaseni

Wonderful Analysis!!! Even I believe that arjun loved draupadi the most. He was not as expressive as Bhim was but he definitely loved draupadi more than anyone else as he was the one who won her in the svayamvar,

Thank u very much. πŸ˜ƒ
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Thanks dear. 😊
Yes, Arjun and Draupadi had a connection, and that is y, there are people, who love this pairing, despite all the silence.
Many people think that Parth-Panchali pairing has been endorsed by Star Plus, but that's not completely true.
I have been a fan of this pairing since childhood.
And there are many others like me too.
Thanks again, for commenting. 😊

No probs..😳...Yes very true..i have loved ArDi just as much tooπŸ˜ƒ..so count me in!

I don't see why people think Parth-Panchali didn't have the kind of Love they should have between them..probably they have read different citations or legendary folklore..but i'd like to know what made them perceive that way about ArDi..😭

Surely, Star Plus wouldn't have been able to endorse two Epic characters to such an extent without some strong basis to the Parth-Panchali relationship!...So i'd still continue to believe what i strongly do about this Beautiful relationship that Parth and Panchali shared!😊
FeistyQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

You have given a beautiful analysis..❀️

As a child I could never understand that Draupadi was wife of all five pandavas.. Even when my grandma used to tell me stories from MB, I used internalize only as Arjun was only Draupadi married to, though I hear she married to all the five! i wonder whether it is that love I had for them as i child made me always love them! And now whenever i read of the love stories of Arjun loved Subhadra most while Bheem loved Draupadi the most and Draupadi loved Arjun the most somewhere I feel like nothing makes sense!!!

One of main reason i hear as I search about them is that Arjun was not happy in Sharing his wife with his brothers, to which I don't agree! Coz if this is true then it will be so mean of Arjun and God's best friend can't be mean.. so this theory which floats in net I refuse to accept!

I always believe in a silent love between them! A love of understanding! In the silence of Arjun I take it to be the conversation of his and hers soul! Even when he was away, even when he remained silent, she could read his heart and thoughts and he could hers! She could feel his presence even when they were separated so could he!

In my point of view both were one soul !!!

If Arjun's favorite wife was Subhadhra, she is also the favorite of Draupadi! Since they both are part of same soul!!!

That is my view on Arjun-Draupadi! A silent love! A love of deep understanding!!!

Edited by ..dreamygatz.. - 10 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..dreamygatz..

You have given a beautiful analysis..❀️

As a child I could never understand that Draupadi was wife of all five pandavas.. Even when my grandma used to tell me stories from MB, I used internalize only as Arjun was only Draupadi married to, though I hear she married to all the five! i wonder whether it is that love I had for them as i child made me always love them! And now whenever i read of the love stories of Arjun loved Subhadra most while Bheem loved Draupadi the most and Draupadi loved Arjun the most somewhere I feel like nothing makes sense!!!

One of main reason i hear as I search about them is that Arjun was not happy in Sharing his wife with his brothers, to which I don't agree! Coz if this is true then it will be so mean of Arjun and God's best friend can't be mean.. so this theory which floats in net I refuse to accept!

I always believe in a silent love between them! A love of understanding! In the silence of Arjun I take it to be the conversation of his and hers soul! Even when he was away, even when he remained silent, she could read his heart and thoughts and he could hers! She could feel his presence even when they were separated so could he!

In my point of view both were one soul !!!

If Arjun's favorite wife was Subhadhra, she is also the favorite of Draupadi! Since they both are part of same soul!!!

That is my view on Arjun-Draupadi! A silent love! A love of deep understanding!!!

Thank u so much.
Yes, Arjun n Draupadi shared a complicated equation, and that love was there.
As for Arjun, not being happy to share his wife, this claim, actually has some basis in the epic.
There's a conversation between Arjun and Yudisthir, where Arjun is insulting Yudisthir, for insulting Gandiv.
In that, he says, "I have always served u, with my wives and children."
And then he says something like, "We all are fighting hard, n u are blaming us, lying on Draupadi's bed."
What is intriguing is that, Draupadi was nowhere around. So, y would her bed be in the camp of warriors?
That is probably, a subtle hint that Ved Vyas gives us, about Arjun's displeasure .
Besides, I think, Arjun was a human afterall. Ofcourse, he felt hurt, somewhere. Draupadi was his first wife, and also the most beautiful woman of her times. But he remained quiet to maintain unity among his brothers.
Jin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It was beautiful and touching.
I guess Ved Vyas wasnt romantic, hence he never explored any romantic angle in the epic.
Also I feel even if arjun felt anything he need express because other pandavas are just husbands to panchali but arjun is her soulmate. He is nara and she is shree. They are reincarnations of them.
I persoanlly loved how you put your feelings, it moved me.
We feel bhima's love because it was humanly, we can relate to it, however we cannot understand arjun's silent love because it was other worldly, we may not relate to it. Infact even Yudishtir loved her the most, he was incomplete without her but then Yudi himself is beyond our reach because no one can be like him, he remains the only sin-less person till date hence reached heaven without death. Yet when it came to panchali all the pandavas are her heart but arjun is her soul.
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheDreamCatcher

It was beautiful and touching.

I guess Ved Vyas wasnt romantic, hence he never explored any romantic angle in the epic.
Also I feel even if arjun felt anything he need express because other pandavas are just husbands to panchali but arjun is her soulmate. He is nara and she is shree. They are reincarnations of them.
I persoanlly loved how you put your feelings, it moved me.
We feel bhima's love because it was humanly, we can relate to it, however we cannot understand arjun's silent love because it was other worldly, we may not relate to it. Infact even Yudishtir loved her the most, he was incomplete without her but then Yudi himself is beyond our reach because no one can be like him, he remains the only sin-less person till date hence reached heaven without death. Yet when it came to panchali all the pandavas are her heart but arjun is her soul.

Thank u so much. πŸ˜ƒ
Actuall,y I am a little sensitive about Arjun and Draupadi, and hence tried my best to translate my feelings into words. I am glad, that u loved it.
And yes, Arjun was Nara, and Draupadi was Sree, both partial incarnations of Lord Vishnu and Ma Lakshmi. So, their bonding is heavenly.
Thanks again for commenting. πŸ˜ƒ