Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Thank you so much, my dear.

I agree with you 100% about Rishi, and I am sure he will try to promote employment in the villages over and above the mining jobs. But the Naxalites usually sabotage such efforts. They blow up electricity transmission towers, substations, roads, schools, what have you. They do not want to have any real progress that would move people towards the administration, and thus loosen their grip on the local populace. Last year, they kidnapped a very popular District Collector who was doing excellent work among the tribals. Luckily, he was rescued, and he went right back to his old post, exactly like Rishi!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: mnr123

Great post ... Lots of things were resolved yesterday and still there are things lurking in the dark waiting .
Loved Rishis transformation from a careless youth to a responsible person. I am hoping he should be able to get peace (and along with it jobs too) in the village.

Once again great post n loved ur title. 😳

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Pari my sweet,

Thank you so much for joining me here; it has been so tough to get people to watch Yudh! I have been collecting them like rare postage stamps, and it is only now that I have got to 32 Likes (not counting the post on episode 1. And to think that in PR, I never PMed anyone, and still I used to get 3000+ viewings and 70 Likes. Even allowing for the size of the PR forum, it has been hard to get an audience for Yudh and that has dismayed me.

Thank you also for such thoughtful and detailed comments, which, however, did not surprise me, as an intelligent show is bound to produce intelligent comments from intelligent people like you.

I have marked the parts I liked best in deep blue.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: pari87

Dear Aunty,

Thank you for the PM. I have finally caught up with the show and I have to say it has been such a delight to read your analysis on each episode so far. You have beautifully laid down the intricacies of these characters and made key points on small details that an eye like mine surely missed. So a big thank you for writing your analysis for us to ponder over after the hard hitting episodes.

There have been 11 episodes and I cannot write my thoughts on what has happened so far. But yesterday's episode was a good mid point to bring out each character and their personalities after having established them for us viewers.

Taruni, has so far established herself to be a woman of substance, truly. She is her father's daughter and yesterday's episode was a true account of how much of Yudh she has in her. I loved her fierce and non-fearing question back to the inspector when he asks her where is she keeping Dabra. " Maine Dabra ko last time aapke paas dekha tha, toh aapka pata hona chahiye ki woh kaahan hai". Being alien to corporate biggies and their politics and all the dangers they have to face, she has shown courage, fearlessness and unbelievable strength in the face of all the troubling issues of the past few days with Yudh. I guess, that comes from being a doctor, and an oncologist at that. Death becomes something of a usual occurrence and any danger that comes with the threat of death is handled much the same way as a patient with cancer. I love the way she takes the problems in the recent episodes head on and when she sees Yudh is sick, she takes on the CEO role with a firm head and a solid fearless demeanor. She knows where she needs to be gentle ( as with the villagers) and when to be aggressive. She would make a brilliant successor to Yudh. Although, because she is a doctor and loves her profession, I'd like her to stick to what she likes to do and not be coerced into the business by Yudh.

Yes, and she simply does not know the meaning of fear. The oncologist parallel is brilliant; it never occurred to me.
Yes, she should not be coerced, but sometimes one has to carry on a mission whether one wants to or not. I have a feeling that after Yudh passes away, it will be Taruni and Rishi who carry on his legacy.

Another worthy mention is Rishi. How well they have shaped up his character graph. It sometimes takes a life altering event for someone to see a new side of them. the kidnapping, however lightly taken by Rishi, has altered him and how. Only when his friend provokes him do we see what Rishi really thought of his kidnapping and his mindset during his captivity in the jungle. He was rattled from inside, and only kept up the funny and light front to mask his own fear. Today, we saw a glimpse of how scared the boy was really. And his friend making light of the matter, switched something in him that made him want to prove his mettle, not only to to his friends, but to himself and his dad. Rishi may have taken all that he has gotten from being a rich, and famous man's son lightly, but he has always respected and looked up to how his dad got all of it. Today we saw the heir rise to the throne. Very very well done. I have to say you have made a great point on how the family is not very touchy feely and nor super emotional. And even though the moment warranted an emotional hug between father son, they kept it real and simply focused on the expressions on Amitabh's face that conveyed all. Such a small detail, but so tastefully done.

I also loved the scene between Taruni and Rishi. Such a warm moment between the step siblings. I love that Rishi (unlike his mother) is easy and comfortable with Taruni and their relationship. EVen in Masoom the two daughters were pally with Nasser's son, although they were much younger and did not know the true context of their relationships. But, Rishi being an adult, and seeing how much Yudh looks out for Taruni and believes in her, doesn't take it personally or in an insecure manner.
Yes, this is truly remarkable. That too when he has not been on very good terms with his father because of his reluctance to enter Yudh's business and take it seriously. He does not feel at all embarrassed when he assures his father that this time, he will not let him down and would give him no reason for complaints

I am most troubled by Mona and her big fat folly in this tale. I agree on all counts, that I too fail to understand how she has been such a business mogul's media manager for so long. She has been shown to completely misjudge situations, people and have any foresight in such a serious case, which is so unlike her dealings of the issues in Shanti Constructions. Probably, I take it as when it becomes a personal matter, people tend to think from their hearts. I don't understand the logic of her actions even then. If she was looking out for her nephews ( as she proclaims as the reason to not letting Kapil be sent to jail), the best thing to do to protect them and HER SISTER would be to have him arrested. A man who is a rapist, is only safe behind bars. Just how did she think twisting his arm into running away would be dealing with the problem forever? And, how could she lie with such a straight face when she had smriti's phone in her car?

Mona is shown to be acting on drugs for the past few episodes, with no logic, no sense in her actions. I also wonder how Smriti's father did not just slap her hard on her face after her shameless confession. Mona's family stunned me. Although, to be honest, it is the reality in so many cases that was shown. So many women refuse to see clear signs that their husband could be a cheat, a philanderer, or in this case even a rapist, because they cannot take the truth. They like to live in a safe bubble of ignorance. The parents in this case were shown as helpless, lachaar parents who want to believe that their son in law cannot do something so drastically bad, because it means the end of their daughter's marriage and a fatherless upbringing for her kids. Many parents of such daughters react the same way, even in countless dowry cases. They prefer giving in to ridiculous demands, knowing well their daughter is beat up everyday, because the alternate is more painful ( or so they think). I like that they have shown Mona's sister to be one of these many women who really do exist. Him being away on a flimsy excuse for a year should have been reason enough for the woman to doubt him ( which I am sure she does in her subconscious), but she rather have him back, than hear the painful truth.

I agree with the above, but things are changing fast in domestic abuse cases. The laws have been strengthened, the police sensitised to some extent, and most important, the woman's parents are far more supportive these days than they would have been 20 years ago.

One thing I was confused about. Yudh openly challenges the home minister on the phone, and then proceeds to act surprised that the politician was playing a dirty game with him. He even asked the HM why he was doing this? I could not understand Yudh's absolute surprise at this, espeically since he had provoked him and it was obvious that Yudh was challenging him and he should have known that such people do not forget threats so easily.

He merely pretends to be surprised, just as his pleading Aise kyun kar rahein hain aap, Sir, is all fake, just a change of tactic. Yudh knows when to bend and how much. I had noted this in the post.If one thing does not work, try the opposite.

Although, I like that distinction shown between Anand and Yudh. Anand would have been a more cunning and sly businessman, who would have known who to keep as friends and would have played this more safely. Yudh, on the other hand, is shown smart, but also adhering to his own set ideals of right and wrong. And he does not fear challenge or opposition. Infact, he likes them as he said in one of the episodes before "Jab tak kuch naya nahi kiya, apne aap ko challenge nahi kiya, toh kya seekha" or so on those lines. They both complement each other so well and no wonder they have managed to be a great team so far.