Update to Include few word Summary

Poll

Sree Should Include a brief summary in the Update title....

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

As most of you should know, Sree used to include in the title line of each days summary a brief indication of what was in that episode. This was so that if/when we want to look back through the archives, we don't have to read the episode....

Now that May has finished, Sree has been putting together the archive for that month, and is going through all the updates and ammending the title as well.

You must all agreee that sree does a lot of work for us anyway, so it's not fair for her to have to do more. So, I thought we could have a poll on who thinks she should include the note in the title and those who think she shouldn't. Typically, it has been people in the USA that don't want this, as they are so far behind, but then what I don't understand is if they don't read sree's updates, then how are they even able to take part in most of the discussions here..Still, that is there choice.

As you probably know, I have been posting the current days preview also, somewhere the previous days update, so anyone reading that already knows what will be in the coming episode. Therefore, it shouldn't bother them so much if the title includes a few extra words to differentiate between each episode.

So peeps, please vote here...either way. If most people don't mind having the title with a few details, then at least sree doesn't have to do so much more work later on.

BTW, i must say, I did discuss with sree earlier today, and she said it's ok if there is more work for her, if that is what most people want. But I don't agree with her, altho it is v.kind of her....

Cheers

Edited by innocentindian - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vvrsun thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

As most of you should know, Sree used to include in the title line of each days summary a brief indication of what was in that episode. This was so that if/when we want to look back through the archives, we don't have to read the episode....

Now that May has finished, Sree has been putting together the archive for that month, and is going through all the updates and ammending the title as well.

You must all agreee that sree does a lot of work for us anyway, so it's not fair for her to have to do more. So, I thought we could have a poll on who thinks she should include the note in the title and those who think she shouldn't. Typically, it has been people in the USA that don't want this, as they are so far behind, but then what I don't understand is if they don't read sree's updates, then how are they even able to take part in most of the discussions here..Still, that is there choice.

As you probably know, I have been posting the current days preview also, somewhere the previous days update, so anyone reading that already knows what will be in the coming episode. Therefore, it shouldn't bother them so much if the title includes a few extra words to differentiate between each episode.

So peeps, please vote here...either way. If most people don't mind having the title with a few details, then at least sree doesn't have to do so much more work later on.

BTW, i must say, I did discuss with sree earlier today, and she said it's ok if there is more work for her, if that is what most people want. But I don't agree with her, altho it is v.kind of her....

Cheers

The reasons for not giving a title was already discussed in an earlier topic, so why rake it up again?

innocentindian thumbnail

because I don't think it's fair that sree has to go through all the posts and put in the summary wordings....Also, I think there were only a couple of people who didn't want the wording there....

P.S. sree has NOT asked me to do this poll - she said it was OK etc..

Maha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think it's absolutely ok to include the title in the update.... well, if somebody doesn't want to kill their suspence by the title then why read the update either... just watch the show itself πŸ˜ƒ

I really appreciate the work Sree does... Thanks a lot Sree 😊...
richakang thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree that she should include the summary in the title as for people that donot want their suspense killed should not even be reading the updates as we really are far behind in the US, but diehard fans like "ME" read the updates and still watch the episode...hehehehe...so I dont see in any point in sree doing all that work when we any ways are going to read it ..........

Cherrs and relax everyone
srk_rulz thumbnail
me disagree as well..if u dont want to spoil anything for urself then just dont read it at all! Thx alot Sree πŸ˜›
Cool_girl_2145 thumbnail
i think if we will ask her to add summary then it will be extra work for her...and i think she doens't only update in Astive...she also updtes in Sindoor...TD(most of the time)... so i think we shouldn't ask her for more...it will be too much work for her...it's easy for us to ask her to write more...but turst me it's really hard to do updates......so in my oponion we shouldn't ask her for this....i really appreciate sree for putting her hard effort on doing the updtes...thanks sree😳
Edited by Cool_girl_2145 - 19 years ago
Cool_girl_2145 thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

Cheers

agree with you...
vvrsun thumbnail

It's not a question of killing the suspense or anything like that. Do you watch on TV by date (day of the week) or by episode titles/promos?

Most American serials have episode titles, and you can find previews by that episode titles in those TV websites.

Indian TV does not follow that pattern, you don't see any title for that day's episode when they show it.

For people who read updates after haveing missed the broadcast they reckon by which days' episodes they missed. Like we in the US are a month + 1 day behind. After my return to the US from a recent visit to India, I could catch up wiht the episodes I missed while in transit, only by the dates. Titles wouldn't have made much sense to me unless I go through the whole update, and then realize that I have to go back by a couple of episodes.

It is, however, OK to put tiltes in the archive because they will be chronological anyway.

You as moderators have the right to do whatever you want with the the way you present things. So please go right ahead, instead of asking for a poll. It will only be a sham. You have received only 17 votes out of a membership of over 1000 (or is it 10,000?). So how can it be a representative poll?

vvrsun thumbnail

You know what?

I think this poll lets you cast your vote with each reply. As long as I don't post a new reply, it says 'You have already cast your vote'. But with my above reply, the button said 'Cast your vote' and I did!

So this poll is not any good. Anyone can skew it by making new replies each time!πŸ˜‰