i don't agree.
had he been someone else's son.
he wouldn't have even got a chance to be in films

👍🏼

Word Count: 0

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Just a note: artsy actors are not jealous. When you are better actor than the pop stars and are not appreciated by the film fraternity, you feel you are treated unfairly. I don't think these actors are looking for popularity they would like more respect from the industry which caters only to the popular stars but ignores its best actors. It's not jealousy it's frustration talking!
933142 thumbnail
Om Puri would do the same for his son, if he was the superstar like AB Senior 😆
Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Kind of agree with him...for star kids the path to Bollywood becomes easier and even if their movie flops they get more chances compared to non star kids...but to sustain in the film industry and become a star,it's upto their talent...
246851 thumbnail
Actors like OM Puri, Naseer, to some extent manoj bajpai, irrfan khan, they came at a wrong time
specially OM, Anupam, Naseer. if a Sarangh or Arth released now, it would have been more popular and raked in money.

but there is no point being bitter.

they all have international recognition in places where it matters the most.

and it is true about Abhishek. Actually I feel had he been some Abhisek something, he could have done better, he clearly has the potential. the burden of expectation has doused any flame of passion he had for movies as an actor. But he has eye for good movies. he did pick up and produce Paa and ended up getting a national award for it.
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Agree take away all these influence of amitabh , family friend producer etc. hardly he could have survived may be after 2 or 3 movies. After may be 50 movies we can may remember atmost 5 movies in central character or lead role. If anyone get that much opportunity then anyone can become hero.

Take away good will , brand name bachchan people have on mother brand name and make it abishek jha , abishek misha we dont even remember him or atleast make it abhishek kumar with still son of Amitabh bachan viewer cant even relate with him. He cant even get side role. More than its burden he get benefit immensely from the surname in terms of recognition, good will, viewer relate with the actor .

Om puri still can give us better movies only that they are not getting better role/opportunity . Just like he excel in versatile character out of him comfort zone like even comedy role of om puri in malamal weekly. Its good that atleast these people like om puri , irfan , naseer etc. get recognition in international arena. lol i just read Abhishek first considered for The namesake movie , good that did not happened or else he would have ruined that beautiful movie and make that name shake :)
Edited by Bazigar - 10 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I can't believe people become so blind with hate that they think Abhishek Bachchan is more successful than Kareena. 😵
The guy is doing multi star films because no one cares about him.

Yes Kareena doesn't have great boxoffice record. From what I can understand you like Aish right? when is the last time she gave a hit on her own?

At least Kareena has more fans than Abhishek and has won best actress awards..does Abhi have either of those two things? I don't need to compare and list more achievements..it's obvious Kareena has achieved a lot more than him.
Edited by .khoobsurat. - 10 years ago
791198 thumbnail
I find his honesty refreshing and what he said about him advising his son to find an alternate career should acting not work out is a very realistic plan. On another note, I keep seeing the promo of his film with Helen Mirren on all major US channels so he has made it more than other big stars that keep boasting about two min roles in foreign films.
Edited by Dexterkilaila - 10 years ago
870349 thumbnail
Om Puri seems to have balls the size of Donuts 😆😆😆