998331 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ILoveDrama

@Bold: What is that?😆

LOL. Nothing.

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hmm I am not sure what I make of him. He has got it right in most places but bollywood by it's nature would always focus on looks . The way they call it more as a fraternity than an industry ensures that it would always encourage nepotism.
Om Puri was well respected by both masses and industry. The thing is with Rishi and AB Sr grabbing their roles and excelling at it ,has limited OM Puri's market segment. Doesn't help that both Nasser and him did some shady movies in between .

He has domestic violence cases against him , right? Pretty hushed matter , could have ruined his image or might have isolated him.

Anupam Kher never did any song and dance lead roles too but the guy kept it balanced and re-invented himself with each role. He has sustained well .

on AB Jr- He might have improved but it is true that he was and still isn't a good fit for the industry . With the chances and the build up he has got , there is a good probability that any non-actor could have improved. But the guy is lazy, he can still work a career out of this if he works on himself and make smart decisions. I feel he should have followed Reitsh;s career path.
664269 thumbnail
ditto.. this guy has guts .. i agree with him
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Good on him for saying it. Not everyone gains success like their parents but there are a handful that have done well. AB jr shouldn't have been an actor; something which many haven't been able to day but believe!
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Unwritten rules of this forum-If you are a fan of Kareena, you cant diss other star kids😆
If you are a fan of Salman or Katrina, you cant comment on acting 😆
If you are a fan of Irfan Khan or Nawaz, i guess you are fit enough to comment on everyone 😆
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Unwritten rules of this forum-If you are a fan of Kareena, you cant diss other star kids😆
If you are a fan of Salman or Katrina, you cant comment on acting 😆
If you are a fan of Irfan Khan or Nawaz, i guess you are fit enough to comment on everyone 😆

@ bold 👏 🤣 🤣
642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Hmm I am not sure what I make of him. He has got it right in most places but bollywood by it's nature would always focus on looks . The way they call it more as a fraternity than an industry ensures that it would always encourage nepotism.

Om Puri was well respected by both masses and industry. The thing is with Rishi and AB Sr grabbing their roles and excelling at it ,has limited OM Puri's market segment. Doesn't help that both Nasser and him did some shady movies in between .

He has domestic violence cases against him , right? Pretty hushed matter , could have ruined his image or might have isolated him.

Anupam Kher never did any song and dance lead roles too but the guy kept it balanced and re-invented himself with each role. He has sustained well .

on AB Jr- He might have improved but it is true that he was and still isn't a good fit for the industry . With the chances and the build up he has got , there is a good probability that any non-actor could have improved. But the guy is lazy, he can still work a career out of this if he works on himself and make smart decisions. I feel he should have followed Reitsh;s career path.

Even Amitabh had affairs, illegal land deals, Rishi was alcoholic and abusive. In personal life you can't judge anyone better. All have questionable image.

Anupam is more or less over now. Not getting the kind of character roles he got in 90s.

Om Puri is talking about current times. Otherwise even he did comedies like Hera Pheri, SIK.

The roles for seniors and supporting characters are being devoured by ageing y'day leading stars. The character actors are indeed getting a raw deal. He has commented on it. Not complained.

On Abhishek, I think he lacks even the persona that Ritesh has. He's too serious and listless. He lacks the fun vibe that Ritesh gives. He seems to look much older than his age. I feel he doesn't take care of himself much.
998331 thumbnail
^ Er.. Didn't Charminggenie say the same thing? 🤔
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

Even Amitabh had affairs, illegal land deals, Rishi was alcoholic and abusive. In personal life you can't judge anyone better. All have questionable image.

Anupam is more or less over now. Not getting the kind of character roles he got in 90s.

Om Puri is talking about current times. Otherwise even he did comedies like Hera Pheri, SIK.

The roles for seniors and supporting characters are being devoured by ageing y'day leading stars. The character actors are indeed getting a raw deal. He has commented on it. Not complained.

On Abhishek, I think he lacks even the persona that Ritesh has. He's too serious and listless. He lacks the fun vibe that Ritesh gives. He seems to look much older than his age. I feel he doesn't take care of himself much.

@Atominis

I mentioned the same thing, Om Puri got the same free pass , rather he probably didn't make headlines like AB Sr for days, because he is a star famous for character roles . I have said inspite of his questionable image he has manged his career well which means he did have some cloud in audience and otherwise.

Anupam is still playing Father's role but he manages it with many decent performances like Special 26 and others. He has learnt how to shift mediums with times. Obviously the quantity of roles offered would decrease with increase in quantity. Economics of scale. Anupam has bagged a talk show on a prime time channel , might not be critically acclaimed but he has got a show with his name as title big achievement for some non-filmy looking character actor . He has also done 24 - not bad atall. I don;t see the Kachra , Om Puri has mentioned.

If we had Om Puri and Nasser then , now we do have Nawaz, Irfan, Boman Irani and many upcoming talents. Passing of the torch would always happen in every profession.

Om Puri has made bad choices by picking certain films have harmed him . Perhaps he is limited as an actor , which is subjective. Also now with AB Sr and Rishi doing character roles, the competition has increased, as simple as that. He won;t have mentioned the shortage of roles if it he was not complaining.

Edited by charminggenie - 10 years ago
A_la_mode thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Om puri comes off as a bitter old man but yeah some of the things he said are true. He must be mad that his son cannot have as many opportunities as AB jr. I like Abhi but seriously with the amount of backing & chances he had, he should have been a superstar now. Yeah he does have a larger than life legacy of his dad to live upto but then he is just about mediocre.