Kailash Kher joins the fight for royalty for singers!

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Following the lead of his co-singers Sonu Nigam and Sunidhi Chauhan who have given up some really big projects not wanting to work for music directors and producers who don't follow the newly formed royalty rights for singers, Kailash Kher too lets go of some really plum projects like Hansal Mehta's Citylights and Dr.Chandra Prakash Dwivedi's next film who did not give royalty to the singers.

The same issue led to fights between the producers and Shankar Ehsaan Loy for the movie One by Two in the past as well. Talking about how he'd rather let go of these projects than be a part of them here's what Kailash Kher told the media, "I don't want to do anything illegal, so I asked them to make amends in my contract as per the new copyright law. I know that Dr Chandra Prakash was excited about working with me, but I think his producer was not ready to follow the new law that gives us royalty and performance rights. During these times of transition, you gain some and you lose some. The problem with people is that they don't want to understand a given law, rather they prefer to steer clear of it."

Either way, it is only the producers that have lost we think as who can possibly be as good as Kailash Kher right? We hope that atleast now, all of the producers follow the newly formed rights or we might lose a lot more talented singers like Sonu Nigam who's decided to never ever sing for bollywood.

Source: http://bollywood.celebden.com/2014/02/26/kailash-kher-joins-fight-royalty-singers/

Edited by sonunigamfan - 9 years ago