Parakh Madan's penchant for dance-SR

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 18 years ago
Parakh Madan's penchant for dance
By: Tushar Joshi
September 20, 2006

Parakh Madan

She's the latest entrant on the telly circuit. Parakh Madan, who plays the protagonist on Star One's new show, Saathi Re, says acting happened by chance.

The actress hails from Ranchi and has a degree in fashion designing from NIFT, Delhi. In May 2006, she appeared on the cover of the women's magazine, Savvy. After that, she started getting calls for television and film roles.

However, Parakh admits that she's more devoted to dance than acting. "I have been dancing since the age of six and am a trained Kathak dancer. When I was in Delhi, I was honoured to be learning dance from none other than Pandit Birju Maharaj. In fact, I still perform with him whenever the tour comes to Mumbai. I enjoy acting as well, but dance is something that will always come first."

Different strokes

Apart from Saathi Re, Parakh also has a movie lined up which has her all excited. "I am playing the second lead in Jai Santoshi Maa, which will release soon. I play the role of a city girl who isn't exactly like the ideal bahu. I'm paired opposite Rakesh Bapat," she says.

Saying her role on the show is quite different from her character in the film, she adds, "I play Suman on the show, and am a happy-go-lucky girl who respects her parents."

Even though it's her first time in front of the camera, Parakh thanks her co-stars Arjun Punjj and Kiran Karmarkar for helping her out. "They have all been very helpful. It's better to have a good equation while working on a daily show. You are shooting with them every day, so it's nice to have a good rapport with your co-stars."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/september/143941.htm