THE WORD THAT BINDS US TOGETHER-A ZAYA SS(Chapter 15,updt-30.08.14,pg: - Page 11

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Beautiful dear!
I have already bookmarked it!
Would like to read this again and again.
Also, I am so glad that you are updating regularly.
And I am so sorry I couldn't comment on the earlier update.
Beautifully penned down. Loved it to the bits!
Thank you so much for the PM.

Lots of love,
-Tanu.
-Aashima- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I couldn't comment for the last one. Sorry I was caught up with some other stuff. Both the chapters were amazing and beautifully written. You portray the feeling so well. Kudos to you for that πŸ‘πŸ‘ Honestly I am hating how she has married Rehan 😭😭 I hope Zaya come together soon (Is it too much to expect ?) Please in the next chapter do tell what Zain actually did ? Thank you for the pm !! Update soon 😊
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshadcrazyfan

Beautiful dear!
I have already bookmarked it!
Would like to read this again and again.
Also, I am so glad that you are updating regularly.
And I am so sorry I couldn't comment on the earlier update.
Beautifully penned down. Loved it to the bits!
Thank you so much for the PM.

Lots of love,
-Tanu.

You 'bookmarked ' it..thakns you so much tanya...it really means a lot to me..will update tonight and also tmrrw ...Stay tuned.

-----------------------------------------------
Keep calm and watch beintehaa😊
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Thank you one and all for the wonderful feedback..and please don't feel restless,because i don't want to rush the process...we'll see ZAYA back together,by the end of this week or early next week.Happy Reading!😊

CHAPTER 13: I FEEL SORRY FOR LOSING YOU

She came and sat down beside him.It was sunset.They watched with an unwavering gaze as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon and threads of light lingered in the sky,mingling with the rolling clouds,dyeing heavens first orange,then red,then dark blue,until all that was left of the sunset was achalky mauve and then that melted away in turn as a stygian darkness took over the the sky.Sequin-silver stars like the glowing embers of a dying fire winked down at them,illuminating the atramentous curtain of sky,and then suddenly the clouds parted and they found themselves looking at a lustrous ,argent disc casting rays of moonlight into the dark ground...
It was as if someone had doped their surroundings,as the hooting of the busy Mumbai traffic seemed something far away.There was astillness in the sir,neither the leaves quivered nor the cricket croacked.It was as if the silence was patiently waiting for them to shatter it.
"Y-You c-called me-here-d-do you want to say something?"her lips were dry,her throat parched.Aaliya glided her tongue over her lips to moisten them up,she gulped in as much of air as possible,as a futile attempt to stop her airway from closing down and also subdue the menancingly painful burning in her lungs.
He had wanted to ask her so many things...but now that she was here,all his thoughts seemed to tangle into one meaningless mess,preventing him from thinking coherently."How are you doing?"
his voice was coarse and loud enough for her to hear."Good-I guess!"she shrugged,an air of indifference about her."You Guess?"Aaliya turned her head to look at himand noticed the infinitesimal smile tugging the corner of his face
"I-I don't k-now----"she left her answer handing in the air.And she was not really wrong about that 'one'.Did she really know the reason behind the memories,which even after 5 years continued to haunt her or why she searched for traces of her past in every element of her present?She had no answer for these question,nor the ones which often plagued her mind.Why would he still be the last thought on his mmind or why she cried on her pillow every night before going to sleep when her husband was right there beside her?Wasn't she cheating Rehaan ,of her soul,wasn't she cheating on herself,fooling herself everyday?So she guessed that she was 'good' ,because she liked to think it that way."How are 'you' Zain?"as soon as the words left her mouth and reached her ears,she heard him give out a dry laugh,mocking every bit of her question."I'm fine..."
"You say fine so many times that it doesn't seem like a word to me ant more!"
"How does it matter ,anyway."tears welled up,she clutched the edge of the swing set,blinking awa her tears,warning them not to break free.
She looked up at the starlit night,it was history repeating itself.An overwhelming sense of deja vu,washed over them,as their mind went back to that day in Bhopal when they had sat down looking at the bhopal sky,supposedly saying their 'goodbyes' which actually brought them together.But things were different now,thay had changed so much.then ,even when the forces and circumstances were pulling them apart,they had managed to fight it off together,but now there were miles between them."Thinking about hat day,aren't you?"his spine tingled as her angelic voice tingled his senses.
His eyes flipped back to her face,her distressfully bare face,as if looking for answers in them."We were so happy back then..weren;t we Zain?".."Yeah.."he let out aheaving sigh,his voice broke under the torrent swell of emotions in his heart"We were planning of having babies,and growing old together..and--what happened to ;us' Aaliya?Why did everything have to fall apart?"His voice was not what she remembered--ZAin was Abdullah was no more the same person,he was broken,she wished she couldn't see it,because seeing it made thins even harder for her.His cheeks were damp from the unbidden tears-she could see it.She wiped her own,god knows when he tears had unknowingly broken their promise and cascaded down her cheeks."Life.Life happened ,Zain--"he cut her off abrupty,with a streak of petulance in his tone"But we were in love Aaliya."But 'love' is not always enough Zain...O-our marriage fell apart because we were no longer the same persons,we had drifted apart.We were no more Zain and Aaliya,we were two strangers with absent hearts,not two souls who lived for one another.there were miles between us,we were fragmented pieces of ouselves,our story had turned into that of broken promises and infidelity,of doubts and misunderstandings,of heartache and some more.."She was about to get up from the old swing set which always creaked under pressure."You never called me>You never told me that you had moved on and married someone else...I guess i never gave you enough memories to remember me,right ?---"he paused for a while,trying to gather his thoughts."You were my best friend Aaliya-you were the one who had answers to all my questions...you left and I lost my best friend too..."
Zain Abdullah was crying,not the heaving ones but silent sobs...her tears were choking her voice -"Me too,Zain..."they absorbed the ilence which lingered in the air,as thick as a blanket."We worked in the same office-Rehaan and i...in Seattle...we got married 6 months ago.he's a corporate lawyer and that's how i met him--I --"
"You love him." hearing her silence which came ack to him as a reply,a premonitary chill ran down his spine.the silence was quiet,yet noisy,it was peaceful,yet wretched and eerie."I'll -h-have to l-leave nonow..Zain its pretty late."
"So fast?"he didn't want to let go of the moment,because he'd marking every single second of it to his memory,because he was sure that it'd probably be the last time that he'd be getting a chance to talk to her .He got up too,followed her suite.She just nodded her head..she had to.They looked up at the waxing moon ,a cool November brreeze blew on their faces...he tucked the lose strand of hair behind her ears.their lips wer einches apart...she could feel his breath on her face..his fingers lingered on her cheeks for a moment,before she excused herself from his touch.She walked away from him and that is when he remembered all those things that were left unsaid."Aaliya!"she turned around,as his voice called ehr back"I feel sorry for losing you MKB.."..."Me to,KitKit".They parted ways,with theirparting words echoing in their ears,each sorry for losing the other,each trying to overcome the burgeoning anguish in their hearts,each trying to mask the heartache,and each trying hard to accept reality,which had not really succumbed them...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rehaan was sitting on the bed,with the laptop lying on the bed.He looked up as she entered the room."I thought that you had gone off to sleep."Aaliya gave him afaint smile ,before slipping under the covers on her side of the bed'NO-But where were you?"he asked her,a crease prominent on his forehead."ME?Oh-I-I was with Ma-Mrs.Abdullah,going over the lat minute details regrding the engagement party.Now go to sleep.Goodnight."Aaliya quickly closed the topic,not wanting him to delve into the matter.Rehaan put his laptop aside,his mind constantly pondering over that fact as to why she just lied to him,when he clearly knew where and whom she was with.

"Goodnight Zara.."he whispered back to the person on the other end of the line...before flippping the phone on the chest of drawers beside the bed.He had taken down all the pictures from the wall,lest they found out about her past..he pulled out the picture of their nikaah which was peeping from the drawer..and looked at it,it was his daily ritual.things might have changed,life might have taken its course,but his love was still the same...

I hope that you all liked it...consructive criticism will be apprecited by me.And secondly,stay tuned because tomorrow you all will get the update on the engaement party...some intense ZAYA scenes..is comin gyour way...😊

COMMENTS AND LIKES PLEASE!😳

From
Ann❀️
Edited by AnnRosewood - 10 years ago
-Aashima- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think I am the first one to comment yayyy πŸ˜ƒ I can never get tired of saying that you are a beautiful writer. Story is getting really interesting and is getting full of suspense. I am so eagerly waiting for next update to see how Zaya get back together. It's interesting how Rehan knows where and with whom Aliya was. I liked how Zain was straight forward with his questions. In next chapter please tell what exactly Zain did
katmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome ...really awesome...o just want more and more pls update fast
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
They havent moved on
They still love each other... care for each other
I really hope they get back together soon!
loved the update dear
beautifully penned down πŸ‘
waiting for the next part
thanks for the PM
RUHANIKAA thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
superbbb as always..πŸ‘
very beautifully written ..
loved it..❀️.
(ab bata bhi do what zain did )
ty so much for d pm..
egerly waiting for d next update..
Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
nice update
plz continue soon
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Did you guys have to wait for long...nah..you see I love you all so much that I can't stay away for long..So here is the next chapter.If possible listen to galiyaan(female version) when the lyrics begin :)
HAppy reading!

CHAPTER 14:BEAT YOUR HEART OUT

The music was playing in the background,the banquet hall of Barkat Villa was filled with guests,shimmering lights and ebbulient smiles.The engagement had taken place.He had overheard her telling his mother that she was going up to the room and now she was standing at the top of the stairs.To Zain Abdullah she was the only girl in the world,right then and there.the red saree that she had worn accenuated her evry curve,making her porcelain skin glow in the chiaroscuro.An overwhemling plethora of emotions surged through his body.However,he was quickly reminded of his position within the situation,with the rapid departure of Rehaan from his side to go and greet Aaliya.He watched intently as they embraced,his eyes fixated upon his hands as he watched them curve around her waist and pull her near.Zain's attention then shifted to her face.he did not quite know what to expect of her facial expressions.Sure he was the one who hurt her,but seeing her with someone else did not quite help him with the burgeoning pain in his heart.Seeing her with someone else made something inside him turn.Aaliya was smiling.To anyone her smile would have implied that she was happy,but Zain Abdullah knew her better than he knew himslef.It was not a smile of happiness,it was asmile of content.It was then that he felt the presence of his 'fiancee',hoping that she did not pick up that he was staring at Aaliya and Rehaan so he asked her to dance.Zain watched as Rehaan placed his hand upon her waist,pulling her close ,with only inches between their faces.The lights dimmed,couples flocked to the dance floor,an the music began playing...

Yahin doobe din mere
Yahin hote hain savere
Yahin marna aur jeena
Yahin Mandir aur Madeena..
Teri galiyan... galliyan teri, galliyan..
Mujhko bhaavein galiyan, teri galliyan
Teri galiyan...galiyaan teri, galliyan..
Yuhin tadpavein, galliyan teri, Galliyan...

He watched as they swayed to the music,his hands reting on the small curvature of her spine.A bile rose up his throat,making his insides churn and his heart clench into a tight fist.

Tu meri neendo me sota hai
Tu mere ashqo mein rota hai
Sargoshi si hai khayalon mein
Tu na ho, phir bhi tu hota hai

Aaliya's eyes teared up as they met his.Their eyes held each others gaze for several seconds and those small seconds provided communication that a thousand words could'nt.
Hai sila.. tu mere dard ka

Mere dil ki duaayein hain..
Teri galiyan... galliyan teri, galliyan..
Mujhko bhaavein galiyan, teri galiyan
Teri galiyan...galiyaan teri, galliyan..
Yuhin tadpaavein, galliyan teri, galliyan..

Her smile faded as the memories came reeling back to her mind,choking her senses and making her feel claustrophobic.Aal the sir in the world seemed insufficient as her lungs fought a lost battle.The pain was excruciating, and it left her insides screaming for some respite.
As if by the turn of fate,they were standing in front of each other,their partners had been switched.He slipped his hand on her waist,the feeling of his fingers on her skin ,sending pleasant shivers down her spine.Her own hand was esting on his shoulders,as they swayed to the music.She feared the gripe of pain etched in his eyes,the pain of fear,of hurt,of anger,of regret-evident in every corner of his face.

Kaisa hai rishta tera-mera
Be-chehra phir bhi kitna gehra
Ye lamhe, lamhe ye resham se
Kho jaayein.. kho na jaayein humse

His grip on her tightened as he dipped her low,twirled her and pulled her flush against his chest.
Kaafila.. waqt ka.. rok le..
Ab dil se juda na ho

Teri galliyan... galliyan teri galliyan..
Mujhko bhaave galiyan teri galiyan
Teri galiyan...galiyaan teri galliyan..
Yuhin tadpaave galliyan teri galliyan..

Galliyan...
Teri galliyan..
Tadpaavein...

The words of the song echoed in their hearts.The emptiness in his head ,the answers pounding his brain,as the salty tears flowed down-uncheked,from his eyes...Reality at that moment seemed to squeeze the life force out of him-why was it so hard when it was not supposed to?Before Zain could even get time to react,he saw her silently excuse herself and leave his company,to whisper some believable excuse in Rehaan's ear,before walking out of the hall in haste.

Aaliya ran through the corridor ,making her way to the abandoned poolside.She wanted to get away from him and she knew that he had folowed her there.Why couldn't he just let go?Let her out of her misery!She felt like she was drowning and there was no hope of survival.She was drowning in her heartache.The blackness of her memories started to spread through her mind,clouding her thoughts and took her back to places she didn't want to revisit
She ushed her palms to her ears trying to block the screams of reality while it fought with her past.But it was futile attempt,because the sounds grew louder and louder-she just wanted them to go away?was it too much to ask?Teh darkness creeped up her soul,his red agonized eyes the last thing on her mind.her knees were about to buckle down,her body was shutting down,her dry racking sobs reverberating in the air,the music from the banquet hall had died down-she was about to fall,when his arms came to her escue.Her tears stopped,she wouldn't allow him to see how broken and battered she was by her past.As if scorched by his touch she jolted out of his embrace."W-what are you do-doing here?"
"I-I just wanted to know whether you were alright-I-"he replied with staggered and painful breath.
"Alright?I AM NOT ALRIGHT,OKAY!I'm not- alright."she punctuated her every word,as she balanced her trembling body,by dolding onto the trunck of the tree.
"I'm not alright because you are getting married to someone else.I'm not alright because I'm married .I'm not alright because even when nothing is left between us,my eyes still keep searching for you.I'm not alright because you keep looking at me and I-I can't breath,Zain."the insides of his mouth turned bitter,almost venomnous as the pain-pounding,throbbing and soaring with every passing secong reached its cresendo with her sudden outburst.
"YOU NEVER TRIED ,AALIYA-You never tried ,you never fought for us-you nevr fought for our love or tried to salvage our marriage.You were not there when I needed you the most.You were not there,you just watched silently as we drifted apart...you should've fought withm eover it Aaliya..but you just gave up!
"You are telling me about trying Zain Abdullah?You were the one who cheated on me -you were never there-and you're telling me about trying!"She turned away,with a disgusted look and teary eyes.he stopped her by her hand and turning her around,he twisted her arm,behind her back and anchoredher to his chest.He backed her up to the tree.tears wer epooling in her eyes-"You're hurting me Zain..leave me"
"HurtingYou?""he mocked at her incredulity."You never gave me chance to explain myself.You never listened to what I had to say-you left,as ifdidn't care.Did you consider the fact that I was hurting too?What about MY PAIN AALIYA!"
"you are the reason behind all your pain,Zain-Just leave me.I-let me go----just let me out of my misery."He staggered back..his hand left hers.A look of disbelief,anger,hurt and pain crossed his eyes."Just let go of it Zain----I'm sorry..."
He shook his head,running his fingers through his hair.he didn't believe in what she was saying.She was wrong!Aaliya was wrong,this time she was wrong--"No-No Don't you dare tell me that you're sorry.Don't you tell mr to forget it,and don't tell me to let it go..God knows I'd like to,Aaliya-but I can't.I can't see you with someone else,because I can't imagine someone else other than me beside you---""Why are you making this so hard Zain ?"she was standing in front of him,so close that he could actually count the tear drops haging on her eyelashes..Her hand was clutching a fistful of his shirt."I wish I could stop Aaliya!I wish I could,but I can't.I can't forget that we have something special and you are running away-once again.I know deep down we honestly have something worth fighting for.Can you stand here and tell me that I mean 'nothing ' to you,that when we kissed that night,meant nothing to you?That all that we shared was nothing but a lie!I'll let you out of your misery Aaliya-I don't care about myself,I think that the only person who can take you out of your misery is 'you' yourself.I'm walking away Aaliya-----I wont' bother you.he's agood guy,he won't hurt you like I did...I'll be gone even before you realise..Khuda Hafiz."
She never expected his words to hurt her so much.It felt like thousand knives were jabbing at her heart.She could feel the hot tears sweeling up in her eyes.She looked at him and she could tell that he regretted every word that he said,but they both knew that his words were the truth.Even if they wanted to deny them and fight about them,in the end of the day they'd still be true.He left her standing bby the pool.Regret washed over her like the slow,long waves in a shallow beach.Each one a reminder of her past,her prsent and his words.How she longed to go back,but it was not possible.There was no way back,no way to make it right.The remorse would eat her everyday,the remorseof not letting him explain himself,the remorse of not telling him that she still loves him...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That night she didn't sleep,his words kept hitting her like a hammer.The darkness swirled around her curled form on the bed,tendrils of inkling bleak reminder of ehr solitude.the silence echoing in her earswa sthe constant white noise that never shut up.Her head swam in fire burning inside,the onyl smouldering embers of atime when there had been presence sround her,in her and with her.But now the void had been slowly filled with a cold,howling stor of fear that never let her up.She was utterly alone in mind ,body and soul,most of all entirely alone in this crowded world...She tried to close her eyes and remember his face,his tormented eyes flashed before her,the broken flashes of memories once again dominating her dreams...her life from where the downfall had started slowly played in front of her eyes...
A steady stream of tears flowed down his eyes,releasing the sadness and anguish that he had locked up in his heart.Alcohol overpwered his senses,he drove recklessly down the highway,but then why would he bother to drive carefully.Its not like his death would bother anybody or make an impact on anyone's life!He was one infinitesimal entity in the whole world,a nonentity in front of its magnanimity-a zilch,a stranger in the crowd and a stranger to her eyes.
His eyes drooped for a second,he missed the reckless driver swevering from right to left,overtaking many vehicles,before hitting him.the black Mercedes flipped high in the air,flames burst from the engine.the mangled car fell on the road before toppling oover and hitting the side of the road.Hsi lungs were squeezing shut ,getting filled with the bitter smoke,the seat belt digged into his flest,he felt awarm liquid trickle down his face,before his body gave out of pain and exhaustion.the sleep seemed like the best respite from everything...her face was the last thing he saw before closing his eyes..her name the last thing on his lips...

Guys,I'm not getting enough feedback so I'm unable to understand whetehr u all r liking it or not.Please comment..its really necessary for imroving my writing.Next chapter will be updated either on Friday or on Saturday.

Love,
Ann❀️
Edited by AnnRosewood - 10 years ago