Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Humtv awards are really annoying. They don't play fair at all. They have their favorites and the deserving ones have yet to win awards. Technically speaking, Kankar deserved many awards last year...Sanam Baloch and Fahad Mustafa were amazing!!..yet hardly acknowledged. ZGH's best direction award was very lame because that was not the best directed serial on that list. I thought ZGH was my favorite show of 2013, till I saw Kankar. Fahad and Sanam B are mind blowing. The direction and script are both amazing and the writer is that of ZGH's. I would highly recommend this show to those who haven't watched it.
However, with that said..ZGH is the second most watched show after Humsafar in recent years - that includes a comparison between all channels, all over Pakistan. Fawad and Sanam Saeed sweeping popular choice awards isn't anything far fetched. In terms of popularity, Fawad and Sanam Saeed were the most acknowledged by audiences, humtv or no humtv awards. About everything else - that's very much questionable.

All Pakistani awards are annoying though. The fact that the likes of Fahad Mustafa, Saba Qamar, Aamina Sheikh, and Sanam Baloch have never gotten an award at these big award shows...is mind boggling.

Those who are concerned about Humsafar being snubbed at mere one silly Humtv award show..then that was pathetic but at the same time Humsafar got recognition everywhere else. I question Humtv snubbing Durre Shahwar completely. ..and then of course Lux, the rather bigger award show, going the same exact thing by depriving that show any nomination whatsoever. What was funny was when a few people sent Humtv emails about snubbing Durre Shahwar..they even responded saying that they didn't entire produce the show so they didn't nominate it...yet Shehr e Zaat fell under the same situation (as it was also produced by 2 production houses) ..but it got acknowledged..but then Shehr e Zaat getting acknowledged over Durre Shahwar despite being in the same situation had its own reasons as well.

It's a lot of politics. And most of these shows run by supposed popular voting.

zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well deserved👏
Fawad and Sanam are amazing in this show🤗 My Zaroona nd Kashaf 😳 ZaShaf❤️
AnkYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fawad n Sanam deserved dere awaards esp on screen couple. I agree best director was nt so deserving.Abt Humsafar it was superhit n if i m nt wrong Mahira won best actress awards for humsafar n fawad was nt even nominated for best actor whch was totally unfair fawad is so gud in HS n Mahira is nt deserving at all even Naveen was better dan Mahira in HS in terms of actng n wat i can say abt Sanam Baloch she is far far better dan Mahira infact many actress lyk Saba Qamar,Sanam Baloch,Sanam Saeed and Aamina Sheikh are far far better dan Mahira Khan in terms of acting.I personally feel Mahira Khan is famous just bcoz ppl lyk her beauty otherwise she is nt a gud actress
Edited by AnkYa - 10 years ago
IamSherLocked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mahira Khan was given the award for Sher e Zaat not Humsafar. but it was very unfair on humtv's part to not even nominate Fawad. I mean if I was the jury I would have given FK the award for that one scene where he Asher confronts his Mom in the last episode.
zohasad2.0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkYa

Fawad n Sanam deserved dere awaards esp on screen couple. I agree best director was nt so deserving.Abt Humsafar it was superhit n if i m nt wrong Mahira won best actress awards for humsafar n fawad was nt even nominated for best actor whch was totally unfair fawad is so gud in HS n Mahira is nt deserving at all even Naveen was better dan Mahira in HS in terms of actng n wat i can say abt Sanam Baloch she is far far better dan Mahira infact many actress lyk Saba Qamar,Sanam Baloch,Sanam Saeed and Aamina Sheikh are far far better dan Mahira Khan in terms of acting.I personally feel Mahira Khan is famous just bcoz ppl lyk her beauty otherwise she is nt a gud actress

@bold WORD ^_^
She is really pretty but is just an ok actor whereas Sanam Baloch is just perfection😳...she deserves so much more👏
zohasad2.0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IamSherLocked

Mahira Khan was given the award for Sher e Zaat not Humsafar. but it was very unfair on humtv's part to not even nominate Fawad. I mean if I was the jury I would have given FK the award for that one scene where he Asher confronts his Mom in the last episode.

that scene is just WOW...even the other scene in which he realises the whole thing and vents out his anger and pain on the road...I like that scene also in which he calls his friend to know about any cardiologist...I love the way he cries👏
IamSherLocked thumbnail
Saba qamar is hot beautiful sexy talented all at the same time, yet she doesnt win awards :p
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I also find Humtv to be the most shrewd channel. They produce good work..but they have their favorites.
One of my biggest problems with them is how they offer Fawad the same stuff over and over again solely because he brings them ratings with such content.

Edited by starstruckk - 10 years ago
IamSherLocked thumbnail

Originally posted by: zohasad2.0

</div>
<div>that scene is just WOW...even the other scene in which he realises the whole thing and vents out his anger and pain on the road...I like that scene also in which he calls his friend to know about any cardiologist...I love the way he cries👏

. Yes and another scene when he finally asks Sara for forgiveness before hareem's surgery dat lone tear which falls from his eyes.
Iam not phangirling or anything but no actor cries like Fawad. IMO He is such a natural. The way he cried in Dastaan UFFF. Such a natural performer
nevah_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
the reason why I think that its worse than our rigged awards is also the Sanam Baloch factor.
As starstruckk mentioned ^^
I couldn't believe that she and Durreshawar did not even make it to the nominations in that year.
It was all about politics and keeping this one happy and pacifying the other.
What BS was that about production and whatever else. Mahira winning for that Sheherezaat was a joke. I loved her in Humsafar, but there she was not deserving of the award she got at all (given that Hamsafar was not even nominated, nor was Durreshahwar)
Apparently Fawad was very annoyed at the 1st awards because of this, and it showed that he was not very happy while he was there.
IMHO, Sanam B deserved it for this year in kankar, over Sanam S for ZGH, even though I thought the latter was fantastic as Kashaf.