ZaYa SS: Worth all the Spicy Lies-chapter 10 pg 24(23.1.2016)

divikash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hi to all my fellow zaya and harshika lovers, this is divya
this is the first time i'm even writing something, let alone a SS, so hope you guys will like it

first and foremost, i would really like to thank Dayan(ZayaShiz)-meri maa, meri bachi, meri teacher, meri torturer for all the help and torture to make me write an SS...thank you so much
the names, title were all discussed with her, So...if you need to blame you should blame her too
finally, i'll thank all the ones who are gonna read it, all and every comment and like are important to me...so do tell what you feel

since the chapter updater zayashiz is unavailable now...the chapter updates will be here

CHAPTER 3 - Pg 5
CHAPTER 4 A - Pg 7
CHAPTER 4 B- Pg 10
CHAPTER 5 -Pg 12,14
CHAPTER 6 - Pg 20
CHAPTER 7 - Pg 22
CHAPTER 8 A - Pg 22
CHAPTER 8 B - Pg 23
CHAPTER 9 - Pg 23
CHAPTER 10 A - Pg 24
CHAPTER 10 B - Pg 25

1. Its complicated

An alley near 150 Broadway

"Good morning" Mel smiled and joined me as we enter the alley, hoping to get something new

"You look awfully giddy today" I replied by just having one look at her, "I look nothing like that" she defended herself. We walked a few steps and she again questioned me with a appealing voice "so...anything?"

I rolled my eyes giving up on explaining to her, this girl never gives up. I shook my head and answered her AGAIN "Mel ...it's just been 4 days...I think I'll need more than that to figure things..." I paused for a bit and said the obvious "ME out", I can see Mel was not pleased by my answer, what did she expect? I'll just wake one day and I'll have my decision pot out, and also she has to stop doing this everyday too, so I asked the obvious "and does being my partner means keeping tab on me everyday". For which she just smiled and replied to get me on track "no but being your BFF does..." I just glared telling her it was not funny, she continued "all I want is for you to get this over with soon" and so I finally halt as we reached our destination in the alley, and so I made the last of the personal conversation

"Ok", I continued, by looking down "then why don't we start by finding the head of this guy somewhere near"

Yep you heard it right...that's my job...not finding heads but clues

My name is Aaliya Ghulam Haider-age 27-single...oh well at least for this month. I'm an Indian, who moved to New York with my sister Aayat at the age of 19. Times were very difficult since I reside from a very reserved Muslim family in Bhopal...and all we could find here are junk foods, cloths, teenagers and lots of people in suits. So we did change... A lot...became an American, ate junk foods but inside our home and heart we are still the same Indian girls.

I and Aayat survived the past 8 years, thanks to our guardian at service JOE, my dad's old friend who took care of us as his own daughter. So, with his help and 8 years of hard work...I'm a cop...sound great doesn't it, ...but isn't, I still don't believe it but I've been working for NYPD as detective for the past 4 years. So life's been good...

If you think that's what I was gonna say...then you're SO wrong...coz at present my life is played like a ping-pong ball between two walls...I just so wish to stop bouncing once in for all.

At the precinct

"Do these file work ever come to an end?" I complained sulking by looking at the amount of file work we have to work on. "it would have, if you guys never postponed each file until the deadline" TJ mocked at us from across the room, he is our software- tech guy who can access any anything with just his computer but even with all the Brains, he is still at scrap with girls. I just stared at him, while he was laughing "Unlike you TJ, who works from his desk itself, we have to GO OUTSIDE and work" Mel explained like explaining it to a 5 year old kid, TJ's face fell that instant. I got up giggling and informed them that I was gonna get the autopsy report from Eric, and showed a pity face to TJ before crossing him. Even without turning I could feel Mel's grinning face on me.

ME Office

I stood outside the ME room, took a breath... knocked and went inside even before I could get a response, coz I knew I am always invited without anyone's permissions or hesitations. I went in and there stood a tall, well built, military cut man with the most observing eyes cleaning the blood from his equipments, our forensics Head...who is one of the two walls...sorry, one of the two guys I'm being played by...Dr. Eric, my past, whom I, at one point thought would be my future...guess it was too soon to think.

I got his attention first, "looks like you've been having fun?" I asked entering his office looking at the finely cut and stitched dead body in front. "Oh...Ya, it felt amazing cutting through the torso of the body and examining his..." before he could dissect more into his subject, I cut in "okay...I'll skip the details thank you, so anything for us to work on?" I asked. Man this guy knows what irks me well...he always does that to tease me...oh i so hate him, maybe. He with his achieving smile, pointed at the report next to the body, I took the report and scanned it. Without taking my eyes from the report I started to talk "so he was dead before decapitation..." he cut in and completed "1/2 hour to be exact" show-off I silently thought and smiled to myself. "Our UnSub seems very strong" I stated the fact, that's when I realised he was staring at me and was right behind to me, I composed myself and turned to face him...his dark brown eyes were trying to consume me, he leaned towards me reducing the height and talked slowly, just above a whisper "yes...your UnSub is someone tall, strong and over-powered your victim" all I did was stand without moving a finger, but every muscle in my body wanted to run away that instant. He continued, seeing my unaffected face "the bruises also show that the victim struggled with your UnSub for quite some time...but gave up eventually" he finished with his naughty smirk looking at my lips. Before I could even react...the office phone rang!!!

I let out a big sigh...relieved would be a small word to describe what I feel, Eric was obviously not pleased with the interruption, it was very much evident in his face. He leaned back and went to pick the phone...that's when I breathed again. Whoever you are...I love you and god bless you I instantly thanked the guy on the phone in my mind. Eric, on the other hand hardened listening to the voice on other side, and by the look he gave me next I pretty much knew who it was on the phone, and...I thanked too soon. I gave him an helpless face and rushed out of the room with the report

I used love spending time in the ME office...as gross as that sound, it was mine and Eric's frequent hangout. I used to feel safe, special, and alive...apart from being the only people alive in that room. It could've been the same if he didn't turn into an Ass...yes that's what I call him. I thought I had a future with him; but he just walked away from my life...for another girl, his ex-military partner for whom he did have feelings for, before me. I moped for sometime but got over it thanks to my job and my sister. After 7 months, he wants me again, well pal good luck with that coz I ain't falling for that again, but he tries every time to get me back to being his pet dog.

With all that thoughts I glanced into my office on my way, Mel just looked up from her report, and went back to her report grinning again. What's the use blinds if they are not even going to roll it down...when will I be able to just walk anywhere without any eyes fixed on me? And I finally reached the chiefs room...he is the second wall...again the 2nd guy who makes me bounce back...our commanding officer Mr. Phillip.

Chief's room

I knocked and peeked in the door, he was talking in the phone...I thought it was my time to escape, but he signed me to come in, so I stepped in and waited for him to finish. Phil is a very sweet person, he is matured, and knows how to handle situations diplomatically, looks wise he is not bad either, lean, fit, always in suits, little dusky with a big smile... he's a good man but knows how to play his politics well, He could even be the president if he wanted too I thought to myself. After his phone call, he just looked at me, not just At but through me...seeing my uncomfortable face, he changed the topic "so anything on the case" thank god, I breathed and answered his questioned by looking into the report "not much, but we are checking his phone records, accounts, office, home...will let you know if anything pops up" he was just gave an affirmative nod. I took that as my queue, I turned and didn't even make a move... he called again. I cursed my fate and turned to him

"Aaliya I know it's hard for you now, to decide while working with us..." he started and I just looked at him, here it goes again. He continued sounding caring as possible "but all I want you to know is that I care about you and I'm ok with whoever you choose". This is Phil...Eric tries to power us with his action and Phil with words...that's what I meant by his politics I was bought back from my thought "I want you to take your time and decide the right one, who would take care and give you all the happiness you deserve" and he strikes again, I gave him a thanking smile and excused myself before he lectures me more on it.

Phil entered my life the same time I was mopping over Eric...he just got transferred to our precinct...he was also of Indian origin somewhere from Kolkata I guess... and so we became friends in few weeks itself and also because we had cases to work on. He kept me out of my thoughts, briefly after that we did date...for some time. I but I never felt the connection at all, I always felt distant with him...so we agreed until Eric showed up. Now he's competing with Eric to win me over...that's this one month. We decided on a PAUSE, suggested by Mel...that in this one month I would think through and decide between these two. I just cursed my entire existence in NY.

After my shift, me and Mel were heading outside...with me even in an awful mood, apparently the victim was killed by another guy over A GIRL...I so want to scream my lungs out, now I had to think way deeper into everything, coz I don't want these two to shot each other...maybe I do...oh! God what am I thinking? I could just ask Aayat...if she was not in Miami for an internship for 3 months. Just about the doorway, I was called...by them, I turned and saw Eric with TJ and Phil standing parallel to each other...both wanting to drive me home. I just stood there, looking at both clueless, wanting something to pull me out of this misery. That's when my phone rang!!! I answered it immediately "hello, Aaliya here" that's all I could remember...coz I went numb after that, I did even realize that my phone slipped from my hand, I was just staring in open...my eyes started to blur out. All I knew was, I had to back...back Home to INDIA.

Little did I know that this call was just a prelude for me to stop bouncing? The catch, I needed to stop my misery, my thinking and to put the ping-pong ball to stop.

End of chapter 1

thank you for reading and and means a lot to meπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
thank you again dayan jiπŸ˜‰πŸ€—
Edited by divikash - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZayaShiz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Index...
Chapter 1(Above)
Chapter 2(Pg 3)
Edited by ZayaShiz - 10 years ago
4bottlevodka thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res Akka enkita solirkanumla..!!*makes a pout*

Firstly,πŸ‘
You are such an awesome writer! I loved this totally!
So Aliya is 27 here!But where is Zain? Okay lemme wait!πŸ˜›
I am really excited about this now!
Its well written!
Awesome! Amazing!Fabulous!Fantabulous!πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by Tit_For_Tat - 10 years ago
divikash thumbnail

thank you...really appreciate it
divikash thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tit_For_Tat

Res Akka enkita solirkanumla..!!*makes a pout*

then it would spoil the surprise...
dayan knew coz she was the one who told me to write

so sorry

cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome work...
hayyy... this is really nycc...
continue soon and pm me plzz...
thanks a lot and take care...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
RUHANIKAA thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update..!!!
very well written..πŸ‘
iansomer thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
AMAZING,BRILLIANT,INTRIGUING AND FANTASTIC. LOVED IT. PLZZZ CONTINUE SOON AND PM ME. WONDERFUL START.
divikash thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshadcrazyfan

awesome work...
hayyy... this is really nycc...
continue soon and pm me plzz...
thanks a lot and take care...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

oh thank you...will pm the next chpt for sure
divikash thumbnail