Namrata Shirodkar

263437 thumbnail
I was watching Pukaar this evening and found myself wondering why she never got roles as the main lead?
She was gorgeous and a good actress, yet she was always playing supporting roles in films like Pukaar, Jab Pyaar Kissi Se Hota Hai, Albela, etc.
Also, she disappeared soon after and hasn't been seen on the screen in ages.
What went wrong? 😕

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
NO SCREEN PRESENCE
one thing why katty rocks despite being an average actor
its important to have screen presence- namroro what ever her name was, didn't!
Hazardous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I love Pukar and always found Namrata Shirodkar to be so pretty, graceful and delicate looking. Her sister on the other hand wasn't great looking at all. She even had a hit in the form of Vaastav but couldn't move forward in her career. I think she got married to some big superstar in the South, I forget his name.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xPristinex

I love Pukar and always found Namrata Shirodkar to be so pretty, graceful and delicate looking. Her sister on the other hand wasn't great looking at all. She even had a hit in the form of Vaastav but couldn't move forward in her career. I think she got married to some big superstar in the South, I forget his name.

Her sister was in BW too? Who was that?
d-_-b thumbnail

Originally posted by: koiza.k

Shilpa Shirodkar.

And Namrata married Mahesh Babu.

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
There you go! Done!
Edited by The-Voice - 10 years ago
Hazardous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: koiza.k

Her name was Shilpa Shirodhkar, she was Namrata's older sister. She starred in the film "Hum" (with the Famous Jumma Chumma song) along side Govinda, Amitabh, Rajnikanth and some other people who I'm not really familiar with. She was also in Khuda Gawah, where Amitabh and Sridevi had a dual role.
Edited by xPristinex - 10 years ago
263437 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xPristinex

Oh yes. I have seen a film that her sister was in. I think it was called Gopi Kishan (starring Sunil Shetty). That film was on Zee Cinema every other day when I was a kid. 😆
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
namrata did some movies like mere do anmol ratan and hero hindustani
both are good family movies..
642126 thumbnail

Originally posted by: The-Voice

Shilpa Shirodkar - another fat cow who vanished off in thin air without a trace!

Shilpa was so funny in Gopi Kishen!😆 Bolo bolo! Tell tell!😛 I love her silly man and wife act with Sunil Shetty in it.

On topic, Namrata did lead roles in films like Hero Hindustani but she had no screen presence and no acting talent. Flat dialogue delivery. At least Shilpa was funny in one film. Namrata has nothing to remember her by.