Ishra SS: Alaipayuthey..Pg 65 - KC spl completed

vidya.anand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Hello YHMians...haan main Ishra ke rang mein paagal hogayi hoom...I couldnt just help jotting this down...it would be a 2 or 3 shot story...Waise I am an expert in stretching stories...so dont scold me if it goes to 5 parts or so...

The title Alaipayuthey is a tamil word for a fluttering mind/heart...u will understand what I mean as u read this...hope u like it...

errors honge toh excuse them...

This is inspired from my own story on the other forum but Ishra magic spell forced me to rewrite it for them...so adapted and changed for Ishra...

PMs will be sent later... 

Part 1

Its Mihika and Mihir's wedding and its happening in Chennai. So the entire Iyer family is in Chennai. Ishita didn't compel Raman but she wished he accompanied them too. She knew that he was quite busy and didn't force him but was pleasantly surprised when he voluntarily said that he was coming too. Ishita and Ruhi left with the Iyer family almost a week ahead of the wedding while Raman and Mihir landed a day before the marriage. A week's separation from Ishita was nothing less than a torture for Raman. He was realizing how important she had become to him. She was an important inevitable part of him without whom, his life now seemed incomplete. Only he knew how he pushed those 5 days. He didn't show it out to anyone, not even to the person he missed the most. He passed each day just waiting for the night when he would call her up just to hear her voice and know that she and Ruhi was fine. Even there, he wouldn't let his pride down and pose as if he was doing it in compulsion and his mother or father enquired about them. But she knew him better that she brushed aside his attitude with a smile. Though he would pose that he was in a hurry and tell her that he called just for the sake of it, the call would prolong atleast for an hour till she gets sleepy. He wouldn't cut the call till she forcefully cuts it. He would keep taunting on anything and everything that surrounds her, starting from her kanchipuram sarees, idli, vada, madrasan weddings and its rituals etc etc. Even when topics run out, he would start off something new and try to get her fight back. The truth was that he missed her like hell. He missed the way she pouted or giggled at his one-liners and taunts. He missed her saying, "Raavan Kumar". He missed her "Kuch bhi haan". He missed her animated gestures and replying back to him.

The first time, he talked over phone like this was to show off to Shagun but now, things were very different. He did it for his own happiness and solace. Yes she was his happiness and peace of mind. Nothing could deny or change that now.

Her state was no less different but even though she pinned for him and yearned for his call, she replied to him as if she was doing it just because he was asking her. The courtesies and formalities were faked just to mask the real emotions and thoughts.

Finally, much to Raman's relief, the day arrived and he landed in Chennai. Mihir had to postpone his flight to the evening due to some work but Raman wasn't the one to postpone his. He told Mihir that he had something important in Chennai and made some lame excuse but Mihir wasn't unaware of his bhai's changes.

Once at Chennai, he appeared really angry and annoyed that Ishita didn't come to the airport to pick him up but just sent Mihika's cousin brother, adding to that was Chennai's traffic. The car literally dragged itself like a snail through the jam packed roads. The more the delay to meet Ishita, the more annoyed he was.

Almost 2 hours later, which looked like eternity to him, he was dumped into another crowd. The house was jam packed with relatives. That left him fuming as he couldn't get even a glimpse of his wife. Ruhi came running to him as he settled in the living room with the elders. He looked around expecting that she would come behind Ruhi but no. He was in for another disappointment there.

"Papa, I missed you..."

Ruhi's innocent chirp made him smile. He kissed Ruhi fondly and replied, "I missed you too Ruhi"

Ruhi was about to say something, "Ishimaa..."

Raman's ears sharpened to hear about Ishita but Shravan made an entry pulling Ruhi off his lap, "Ruhi, chalo...wahaan garden mein ek kingfisher hai...I will show you"

Ruhi was all excited and she ran away leaving her talk incomplete adding to Raman's frustration.

He cursed under his breath, "na jaane kahaan hai Jhansi ki rani...pati aaya hai toh ek glass pani nahi diya..."

A tray was held out to him at that instant. It had a glass of orange juice and also a glass of butter milk, perfect for the hot summer. He had the choice to pick any of it. He told in his mind that it was Ishu and looked up but alas, Mihika's smiling face greeted him. He picked the buttermilk and smiled at her faintly wondering how crazy these people were allowing the to-be bride to serve. Where the hell was Ishita?

Meanwhile, Mihika sensed her jiju's anxiety and went closer to him, "hi jiju... akka ko dhoond rahe ho na aap?? Missing her already, haan??"

She grinned at him while he smacked her mentally, "ek hafte ke baadh aaya hoom? Whats with missing her already??" but he sternly kept his emotions hidden.

She wasn't the one to let go of an opportunity, "Chaliye main ek jhalak dikhlaatha hoom..."

When Raman looks a bit suspicious of her intentions, she dragged him forcefully, "arre, soch kya rahe hai?? chaliye chaliye..."

Raman smiled or was it a slight blush, he went with her as if he was going without a choice or on compulsion while his heart beamed happily thinking finally he was going to see her. She took him to the room.

"Bas paanch minute, ok? Jaldi jaldi di se baat kar lijiye aur neeche lunch keliye aa jaahiye...ok?"

Raman nods as he pushed open the door and stepped inside. His thoughts were literally scolding Mihika for placing such conditions. "Who was she to tell him what to do and how much time to talk? Wasn't he meeting his own wife?"

He stepped in and looked around the room for the first time...it was a compact one...

All things were arranged neatly...typical Ishita style, he thought to himself with a smile...but where was she?

Oh there she was, sleeping??? At this hour??...she lay on the bed turned to the opposite side and the bed was covered by the mosquito net. He was confused to see her like that...Did the journey and climate change make her so tired and sick???

He spoke up slowly "kya hua Ishita??"

Saying that, he turned to the door to bolt it as he knew that someone would come there to disturb them! He sarcastically thought that the whole family was expert to land at the wrong timings but that's when it caught his eyes...it wasn't Ishita on the bed...a little bit of the jeans and also the legs were out of the blanket...It sure wasn't Ishita!

He smiled realizing the prank and was about to speak when he felt someone tapping him from behind. He turned around to see who it was. Ishita for whom he was searching all along stood smiling at him. He looked at her gesturing "shh" and pointed to the sleeping form on the bed.

Ishita grinned as she understood who it was and quietly walked to that side of the bed and caught him by his ears and twitched it.

He got up screaming "aaah akka...it is paining!"

Ishita laughed and spoke up, "Apne jiju se badmaashi, huh??? Such pranks don't work on him Madhav...Raman Kumar Bhalla ko fool karna mushkil hi nahi naa mumkin hai"

Ishita spoke up dramatically, playfully imitating don style. Raman intervened "usse chodo Ishita...apne jiju se hi pranks khelenge na???"

Madhav smiled and voiced "exactly...thanks jij..."

Ishita rolled her eyes at the changed attitude of Raavan Kumar. Was she dreaming? Or had he gone for some crash course for 5 days.

Ishita hid her shock and added, "You aren't alone in his prank, where is your partner in crime, haan??"

She meant Mihika. Madhav was Mihika's younger brother who was doing his MBBS final year.

Mihika walked in voicing, "I am here akka...kya akka?? Kuch dher chup rehti na?? Imagine jiju trying to romance Madhav thinking its you...awww we missed the chance!"

That somehow brought a blush to Ishita, "well what did they know about their relationship?" She sighed while Raman was looking here and there trying to save the situation.

Mihika hit Madhav's arm playfully scolding him also for the slip he did which gave him away. Madhav ran around trying to escape from his sister while Ishita tried to intervene and stop their childish play. In the process, she was also running around the room like a kid.

Raman laughed out seeing the cute little gestures between the siblings, Ishita, in those few moments had become the girl she used to be long back. And he loved this fun side of her!

A typical brother and sisters! Such sweet, silly fights being their trademark!

Suddenly Madhav enquires to Raman, "accha jij...ek doubt hai...aap door close karke kya karne waale teh?"

Raman is embarrassed by his sudden doubt and so is Ishita. She shyly smiles and looks away pretending she doesn't know anything about it. Mihika punches him, "besharm kahika...apne jij se aise sawaal, haan?

Raman snapped out of the moment soon and replied back "tumaara shaadi ka umar hone dho...tab tak baccha hi raho, samjhe?"

Saying that, he leans to catch hold of Madhav's ears but he escapes and runs out of the room replying back "samajh gaya samajh gaya..."

Madhav sprinted out not looking back even once. Mihika shook her head in anger "yeh ladka na...bilkul paagal hai!"

Raman expected Mihika to leave them alone now but she stood right there. He couldn't even get a proper glance of his wife and there she was, another devil hindering his romance, his saali saahiba. Did he just think romance? Where did that come from? What did he intend to do? He smacked himself and snapped out of his crazy thoughts.

Mihika didn't even bother to ask permission. She just stepped next to Ishita and tugged her arm "chalo akka...maa lunch keliye bulaa rahi hai..."

When Ishita looked at Raman as she had sensed that he wanted to tell her something, Mihika further teased, "Jiju ko pehle nahi dekha hai kya? Romance baadh mein karna...ab chalo..."

Raman tried to stop them and managed to say "arre maine abi..."

But he wasn't able to complete what he started. Mihika dragged Ishita away. As she left, Ishita's eyes conveyed that she wanted to stay there with him but was leaving as she had no choice. She just said, "Aap bhi chaliye...lunch time hai na??"

Raman couldn't help smile at her childlike expressions and gesture of dragging him along.

The family was sure a bit crazy and eccentric after having seen their daughter and son-in-law but they were so closely knit and somehow Raman loved this sweet torture! He was the latest addition to their family, the new son-in-law and so the treatment was royal. It was ironical to him because all he needed was some lone time with his wife. He got everything except that.

Lunch was grand but his only disappointment was Ishita made sit away from him...thanks to the little devils, her cousins again. They all caught their places between them.

Raman and Ishita stole glances at each other and occasional smiles thoroughly enjoying the time and the different type of romance that they were experiencing now. Romance, was it really that? The word seemed to be popping up for quite some time now but the truth was that whatever it was, they liked the feel of it.

Raman went back to his room escaping from all the overly eager relatives and the younger generation telling everyone that he had a light headache and hinting Ishita that, so that she would follow him too with some medicine for his pain.

He really wished for some private time with her now and this overly affectionate family wasn't giving him a chance and what added to his frustration was that he wasn't able to do anything at all.

A little later, he heard the door opening and turned to the direction saying "aa gayi Jhansi ki rani...maine socha ke special invitation bhejna padega"

His smile faded...it was not Ishita but his lovely devilish saali with a balm for the headache.

He irritantly asked "Ishita kahaan hai?"

Mihika smiled at his impatient question, "aapko balm chahiye tha na?? yeh lijiye...or do you want me to apply it? chaliye, leit jaahiye...main acche se lagaa dehthi hoom"

Raman: moved away from her, "nahi nahi...main khud lagaa loonga...tum bas Ishita ko yahaan bhejo"

Mihika posed a sorrow face, "wahi toh na jiju, akka cant come now...aap aaraam se balm lagaake kuch dher so jaahiye...sarr dard chala jaayega...ok jiju??"

Raman wasn't leaving it, "kyun??? Usski haat mein mehndi lagi hai kya?"

Mihika grinned at his impatience, "akka busy hai...nahi aayegi"

This time, she didn't wait for his reply...she thrust the balm into his hands and rushed out. Raman was left baffled by the turn of events. What was he thinking and what had happened!

Raman, for the first time scolded Ishita in his mind "khud kyun nahi aa sakthi madrasan...aisa kya kaam aagaya usse?"

Without a choice, he sat down on the bed with his legs stretched out and eyes closed trying to cool his fuming head!

A few minutes before, Ishita had just finished lunch and helped to clear the table. She took the balm and started walking towards her room when his cousins called her back...her pyari si behena Mihika taking the lead.

"itna bhi kya jaldi akka??...We have different plans for you...chalo humaare saat"

Ishita: arre, iss balm ko Raman ko deh kar aathi hoom...

Mihika: [snatching the balm] balm na?? main deh doongi...aap innke saath jaao!

She had forcefully sent Ishita with them and she herself went to Raman to give the medicine...

A few hours later...it was almost 4:30 PM and Raman woke up from his shallow sleep when his mother-in-law walked in with a cup of tea. He took the cup giving her a smile but he couldn't help thinking to himself,  

"ab chaai bhi dentist madam nahi laayi...yeh log toh mujhe aur Ishita ko milne tak nahi deh rahe...I shouldn't have let her come here...mere saath aathi toh..."

Perhaps, amma sensed his thoughts and questions. She smiled and answered to his unasked question "Ishu terrace pe hai...usske saare cousins aur kuch close friends ke saath...Raman tum bhi..."

She smiled and left the sentence mid way and walked out of the room. He instantly snapped that thought, "haan uss VIP ko milne ab mujhe terrace pe jaana padega... kuttha jaayega mera..."

Ten minutes late, he surprised and contradicted himself as he climbed up the stairs to the terrace. Of course, he had to go...aakhir Jhansi ki rani se milna tha!

He heard a soft instrumental music. Perhaps it was a veena recital...Then he saw the most beautiful sight he had ever seen, Ishita sat on a small raising on the floor playing a veena. She was clad in a magenta silk saree with some traditional jewels on too, jasmine flowers adorning her long hair. She looked lovely. It wasn't the first time, he saw her in that form but yes, it was the first time he noticed it so keenly and couldn't take his eyes off her! She looked very traditional and divine that his gaze refused to leave her even for a moment.

And then she started singing too...it was a devotional song in tamil praising Lord Krishna...

He didn't understand what the words exactly meant but it was melodious and her voice flowed out like sweet honey...he couldn't stop admiring her talent...he leaned to the parapet wall with the tea cup in his hand.

[This is a famous tamil devotional song and the translation is below too]

"Alaipayuthey Kannaa En Manam Alaipayuthey
Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil
Alaipayuthey Kannaa En Manam Alaipayuthey
Un Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil

My mind is all aflutter, Oh Krishna, listening to the joyous, enchanting music of your flute, My mind is all aflutter!

Alaipayuthey Kannaa Aaa

Nilaipeyaraadhu Silaipoalavae Ninru

Nilaipeyaraadhu Silaipoalavae Ninru
Naeramaavadhariyaamalae Miga Vinoadhamaana Muraleedharaa En Manam
Alaipayuthey Kannaa Aaa

Transfixed, I stood there like a statue, oblivious of even the passage of time, hey, mysterious flautist!

thelindha nilavu pattappagal pol theriyudhe-

un thikkainokki en irupuruvam neriyudhe

kanindha un veanu ganam kaatril varugudhe

kaagal sorugi oru vidhamaai varugudhe

In this clear moonlight (that makes a day of the night), I strain my eyebrows hard and look in your direction, the mellow tunes of your flute come floating in the breeze... my eyes feel drowsy and a new feeling sweeps my being

kadhiththa manaththil uruththi padhaththai

enakku thelitthu magizhththa vaa

oru thanittha vanatthil anaitthu

enakku unarchchi koduththu mughizhththa vaa

karaikadal alayinil kadhiravan oliyena

inaiyiru kazhalena kaliththava

kadhari manamuruga naan azhaikkavo ?

idhara madharudan ni kalikkavo ?

Come! Mould my tender heart, make it full and fill me with joy! Come! take me to a lonely grove and fill me with the emotions of ecstatic union!

You are the one who danced and made merry on the sun-bathed waves of the ocean! Am I to go on pleading for you with melting heart, While you are enjoying yourself with other women?

idhu thagumo? idhu muraiyo? idhu dharumam thano?

kuzhaloodhidum pozhudu aadidum kuzhaigal polave

manadhu vedhanai migavodu

Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil
Un Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil

Is it right? Is it proper? Is it what dharma is? My heart dances even like your eardrops do when you blissfully play the flute! ]

She sings it for krishna...may be for her Raman too...

Lovely song and even more awesome meaning it has...so let's see if her krishna, that is our Raman puthar takes the clue.

She was totally in a devotional mode and her eyes were closed till she finished the song.

Once that was over, she kept the veena down, prayed once and got up when her cousins chirped

"Where are you going akka?? Humaare chat session abi shuru ho raha hai...beito beito"

Ishita replied back,"I will be back after giving chaai to your jiju"

Saying that, she got up and just walked 2 steps when Mihika pulled her back and pointed to Raman's direction "kahi jaane ki zaroorat nahi akka...jiju yahi hai...dekho..."

She looked at the pointed direction and there he was gazing at her and their eyes locked in a beautiful symphony!

[To be continued]

So how was it?? pls do reply...I will continue if ppl are interested to read further!πŸ˜†

For those who dont know the song...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OTM3yXVvk8[/YOUTUBE]

Index:

Part 1: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4073819

Part 2: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4073819?pn=10

Part 3: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4073819?pn=16

Part 4: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/109971894

Part 5a: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4073819&PID=110046024&#p110046024

Part 5b: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4073819?pn=32

Part 6: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/111443577

Part 7A: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/112420748

Part 7B: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/113029293

Part 8: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/114751047

Part 9 & 10: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4073819?pn=65

Edited by vidya.anand - 9 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
 res res res... Title πŸ˜Š

***EDITED

Hi Vidya, I am on my way to becoming your number 1 fan!!! This was written so descriptively that I was transported into the Chennai traffic, the house filled with wedding guests and the the terrace where someone was singing. And I kid you not when I tell you, I could imagine Ishita singing. VERY VERY well written Vidya

and a special mention to the song. I LOVE it. My favourite lines have always been "Idhu thagumo, idhu murayo, idhu dharmam dhaano"... and they fit here (not just in your story, but in the current track for the show too)... so kudos on the song selection!!!

I cannot wait for this to continue!!!

P.S - I cannot decide which of your current works I like better. Dharam sankat :)
Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 9 years ago
rutu83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
how lovely- i kept thinking of the song "my dil goes..."
bechara ravan kumar πŸ˜†
dreamy-sa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

superb yaar. i loved it

Edited by dreamy-sa - 9 years ago
JniISHRA83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
"Alaipayuthe" title is superbπŸ‘..I love the song very much...
Please update soon...I cant wait any more...
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
aaah perfect...n THIS SONG..is one of my fav keerthanas...i love singing this...u just made me remember my school days,when i used to learn carnatic music n i had learnt this song..!!

comin back to ur SS-damn i FEEL for Raman...bechaare ko aur mat tadpaao plz πŸ˜† next update mein,make up for it...

plz update soon
drooler thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome SS
continue soon
waiting eagerly for the next part
yhmfever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I loved it haha mihika and madhav are hilarious
Awnn poor raman continuee soon
smala thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
❀️ ed it .Please update soon.
babithaj thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Its so gud n flowed like music... Pls contibue dear...