Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yajnaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Part 5

I am updating sooner than scheduled because I could not wait to write this down.πŸ˜‰And sorry I can not proofread so please tell me if I made any serious mistakes.Hope that you would enjoy!

Arjuna commanded,"Introduce yourself." The boy replied," I am Vrishaketu, the son of Marathi Karna, the late King of Anga and his wife Devi Supriya".

Arjuna stumbled back. In a second he went through thousand different emotions- shock, surprise, guilt, happiness, relief...He believed that each and every one of his eldest brother's bloodline was dead. So Karna had a son who had not participated in the war and thus had survived. The memory of his eldest brother's face as he was pulling out the stuck wheel of his chariot flashed back at him. How had Arjuna mercilessly killed him! At that time Karna was his arch rival, not a brother he was supposed to love. Since that fateful day when his mother had spoken out the truth about her first born child, Arjuna had somehow completely lost himself. He did not know what to feel. From the day the two had set their eyes on each other, the two had done nothing but fight with each other, either by words or by bow. On the fateful day of the competition, someone had challenged Arjuna and he had no choice but to accept. The challenge went on for the whole life."One could not live till the other survives. Two lives wasted in hatred when there could have been love. There was no limit that they could not break if both had worked together. No one would have dared to harm them.

Arjuna spoke to Vrishaketu," You have done well. With more practice I dare say you may break the standard set by your father." Arjuna walked away from the boy and announced the end of that day's training session.

The servant came back to tell her," Senapati Arjuna is free to meet you Rajkumari." Uttara walked into the room. She had earlier noticed the distracted expression on her father-in-law's face and was worried for him.

Arjuna was still lost in his own world. Uttara touched his feet. Arjuna looked up and blessed her."What is the matter child? What brings you here at this hour?" "It has been such a long time that no melody has reached my ear. For past months my ears have only been ringing with harsh cries, the sound of driving chariot and that of metal striking metal. Spring has come and is on verge of retreating. Nature is bountiful outside but human beings are still drowned in sorrow. Father, you always said that music had the power to heal. I have come here to request to start playing music again, for the benefit of all." Arjuna smiled. In the past few months everything had seemed tasteless to him. He used to sing occasionally but had given up practicing on a regular basis. Fine, he shall start playing music again if that made his daughter happy. "As you wish my Princess" he spoke in a female voice. He got up and bowed to the princess. Uttara let out a laugh and ran away.

Arjuna smiled as he saw the retreating figure. He smiled to himself. Beautiful, polite and talented- Uttara was a daughter everyone would want. Uttara had remained strong even when she had to face the death of her husband so early in life. Uttara had matured much in past few months and at present, was a great mother.

From Uttara Arjuna's thought shifted back to Vrishaketu. Arjuna needed to talk to Panchali about this.

Vrishaketu was still dazed at Arjuna's reaction to him. Yes, the Senapati had been shocked but then he should have been furious, sarcastic or at least oblivious to his presence. But no, Arjuna had definitely looked at Vrishaketu with happiness, love and relief in his eyes. Vrishaketu could make out nothing of this strange behavior
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well thanks for updating a very nice one keep continuing btw shouldnt Arjun discuss to Krishna first
Yajnaseni thumbnail

Originally posted by: Patrarekha

Well thanks for updating a very nice one keep continuing btw shouldnt Arjun discuss to Krishna first

I don't think Arjuna went all the way to Dwarka for all advice. Let someone else do the counselling this time.
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Krishna was there only when Arjun adopted vrishketu he got Krishna guidence as well its written in jaimini MB and its only Krishna who could do Arjun councelling and about vrishketu he very much did that so I somehow hv prb to see anyone else doon that but u continue as wish
meghnakundu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wooow thanks for updating it...it was sweet update loved it yar continue soon..:))
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
nice story... 😊..read all updates.. looking forward to more updates and seeing where you take this story forward to..😊
Yajnaseni thumbnail
I know its high time for update but with the coming exams I keep so busy and hv no time to write it down. I hope to update soon.
Yajnaseni thumbnail

Part 6

Usually he would have gone straight to his friend Madhav for advice but Madhav had left for Dwarka a few days ago on urgent business. Parth hoped that Madhav would be back soon. He would surely write to his friend about his dilemma but he needed to consult to someone urgently. Panchali was the Queen of Hastinapur, highly learned and extremely efficient. Yudhistira was in the habit of consulting with her all the problems of the State, whether big or small and in turn received very good advice. Panchali had been a mother to five sons, all of whom died in the war. Who would understand Vrishaketu better?

The night was pleasant. A cool breeze blew. The leaves on the trees were dancing to the tune of the water flowing in the river Ganga. Arjuna knew that Panchali would be alone here, sitting on the swing in the garden, various thoughts crossing her head each moment. It was a part of her daily routine, al least that was what Subhadra had told him. The two Queens had grown closer over the years, releasing all their pent up emotions in each other's company. Draupadi was not happy when Subhadra was first brought to Indraprastha but her heart had soon melted towards Krishna's sister of very humble nature and had welcomed her with open arms.

Yes, Panchali was indeed there. Even as she relaxed, one could see her proud posture. The moon highlighted a part of her beautiful face. As Arjuna approached he caught the fragrance of Lotus emanating from her body. She was beautiful in every sense.

Panchali felt a presence behind her. She stood up to look back. She caught the silhouette of a man. If one looked carefully in the partly moonlit night, one could see the face of a man with curly hair bound behind his head in a pony. The man was tall in stature, dark and extremely handsome. Yet his face was extremely contorted by pain, something he bore with extreme forbearance.

"Aryaputra Arjuna?" Draupadi said in a surprised tone. She did not expect any of her husbands to join in her solitary moments, least of all Krishna (Arjuna). "Panchali", he whispered her name softly. The two Krishnas sat down on the swing side by side.

"Is there something you want?" asked Panchali.

"I need to discuss something." Thus Arjuna related all the facts to her.

"Of course he has every reason to hate us. We killed his father and all his brothers. Vrishaketu's tender heart has felt extreme agony. Only time can heal his wounds. Be gentle with the child. We must wait for the right time to tell him the truth. Jyesht Bhrata used to respect Govind so much, maybe Govind would be able to make him forgive us and accept us as his family. Arya, he is after all our future. I am so happy that we have a nephew. Arya I will be so much happier if he accepts me as his mata." Panchali had tears in her eyes.

"Yes, he will. He surely will."Silence fell between them.

Sorry, no proofreading. I always wanted to have a ArDi conversation in the FF.I know its a bit short but hope you like it.

Edited by Yajnaseni - 10 years ago
subhikrish thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awww that was so sweet... cud feel paanchali s pain as a mother... continue soon...
Yajnaseni thumbnail

Originally posted by: subhikrish

Awww that was so sweet... cud feel paanchali s pain as a mother... continue soon...

Thanks subhikrish and Happy Bday!😳 I want to make the next part even more sweeter.
Edited by Yajnaseni - 10 years ago