Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
hey not fair u can't leave here this story is on my favourite subject arjun-vrishketu bond and u have written so beautifully it felt like i am reading my heart very easy languages
and i always relate Vrishketu so plz continue soon i want to see their interaction
Yajnaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Part 3

Parikshit was crawling on the massive bed In Arjuna's palace. Subhadra and Uttara were desperately trying to keep him from rolling out of the bed. But even as a baby who could not walk, he moved faster than his grandfather. A sad smile played upon both the ladies' faces. If only the father of the baby was there, their happiness would have no limit. It was only Parikshit and his antics that made them smile these days.

Arjuna came and picked the baby up in his arms. "So now my baby will make everyone run after him?", he said. Then Arjuna bounced the baby in his arms. Parikhit laughed out of joy.😆😆 Only if everyone could laugh such a laugh rid of pain, rid of every responsibility in the world. If only babies could remain as they were. But for life to go on, one has to be born, grow and ultimately die. In this lifetime you have to fulfill your Karma.

Arjun put Parikshit on his bed. The baby was tired and fell asleep soon. Then Arjuna began to relate the day's progress to his wife and daughter in law. The war had totally crumpled the economy of Hastinapur. After Yudhistira ascended the throne, renovation started as early as possible. His brother Bhima was trying to rebuild the army and Arjuna was training them. The army trainees mainly consisted of young boys who had been too young to contest in the war. Nakula and Sahadeva were employed in nourishing the economy of the state. Yudhistira held Sabha two times a week to discuss their growth plans. Once they had enough money in the treasury, they planned to do an Ashwamedha yagya to annex other territories.

Arjuna retold them the words of a boy he had met that day. The boy related the words his father had told him when he departed for the war he never came back from," Today I step out of this house to be a part of a revolution that may change not only our lives but the whole world. Make sure that when the stepping stone to the change is placed, you are there to lift it." These words from his father had made him travel from a distant land to Hastinapur to join the army." Subhadra and Uttara listened with rapt attention. It was almost the only way they were connected to the outer world.

It was time for dinner. The ladies liked to dine in the company of only each other. Arjuna went out to the hall. Uttara watched the figure of her father-in-law move away. A long time had gone away since she had discovered the eunuch, who was a guide and also a friend of Uttara, was actually the greatest archer of all time, a prince by birth and by nature. She had always found something different in that teacher of hers. She had no suspicion but yet she found his poised form, his uncanny eyes out of place in the ladies' palace. Her friend belonged to some other world, some powerful position on the Earth. The discovery gave her shock as well as joy. She was to be married to the son of the guide she had loved so dearly and respected so much. Since then their bond had become stronger. They were like father and daughter instead of father-in-law and daughter-in-law. After dinner she fell asleep by Parikshit's side.

Yajnaseni thumbnail

I could not proofread the post so please forgive any mistakes or blunders that I have done.

Edited by Yajnaseni - 10 years ago
Patrarekha thumbnail
continue continue , after so many days such a small dose? very bad , plz give update immediately

and on ur update i just fell in love u echoed my mind uttara and arjun had a father-daughter bond too
Edited by Patrarekha - 10 years ago
meghnakundu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful update just beautiful...it was very pleasent to read...parikshit..is cute...brilliant use of words..wonderful update...contine fast dear...
Yajnaseni thumbnail

Part-4

A few months later.

The Sun was blazing hot. The army trainees were standing in rows waiting for the arrival of Senapati. Amongst these ranks stood a boy who looked very out of place among the soldiers. He stood with his head held high, a face that was equal to Sun in radiance. His posture resembled that of Prince, confidence and pride shown in every part of his body.

A man walked into the podium- dark, handsome, skilled, proud, and confident-the very essence of a man. He spoke out in his low, patient voice as everyone around listened to the soothing voice that left a permanent impression on their minds. The voice said," Here we assemble as Kshatriyas in the Great city of Hastinapur, the protectors of the most powerful Kingdom on the Earth. Once every house in this city spoke of prosperity and happiness. Yes the war has drained it away but we shall rebuild the city and take it to the heights even our forefathers never dreamt of. I have only one and only one thing to say to this generation- Make karma your life, let life be your karma." The short speech boosted up the confidence of all young people gathered there. There was a loud applause.

The senapati then taught them the basics of wielding the spear and asked them to practice in pairs. Senapati Arjuna went around and watched the performance of many such pairs, sometimes praising, sometimes correcting. A boy caught his eye. He was fighting with great skill using the spear efficiently, using various tricks to confuse the opponent. No one lasted with him for more than a minute against him. Arjuna saw his performance for some minutes with amusement as he disarmed another soldier almost double his size. The boy looked oddly familiar.

Arjuna picked up the spear from the ground and challenged the boy to direct combat. The boy bowed before the senapati and prepared himself for the fight. Then he launched a powerful surprise blow which Arjun a barely could defend. Arjuna stayed in defence mode for first few ten minutes until the boy had been able to manage to cut a scratch on Arjuna's hand. After Arjuna attacked the combat lasted for hardly a few minutes before the boy fell crashing to the ground. Arjuna merely smiled at him.
The boy quickly stood up. He looked fiercely into the eyes of the assassinator of his father and three of his brothers. Arjuna was disturbed by the furious expression on the child's eye, as if they were the eyes of one who thirsted for his blood. Arjuna commanded,"Introduce yourself." The boy replied," I am Vrishaketu, the son of Marathi Karna, the late King of Anga and his wife Devi Supriya".

P.S.-Guys please hold your patience till next Sunday and bear with me.😉
Patrarekha thumbnail
this is so wrong u ended it here?? i am gonna hit u if u make us waiting and giving such short updates y?
btw arjun was assassin of his brothers too specially vrishasena

btw Vrishketu was Uruvi's son as far i remember
Edited by Patrarekha - 10 years ago
Yajnaseni thumbnail

Originally posted by: Patrarekha

this is so wrong u ended it here?? i am gonna hit u if u make us waiting and giving such short updates y?
btw arjun was assassin of his brothers too specially vrishasena

btw Vrishketu was Uruvi's son as far i remember

Short of time and ideas these days. So sorry. But my english teacher said"Short and sweet" is the moto of this century. So I keep it that way.

And Shatrunjaya, Vrishasena and Dvipata were also killed by Arjuna. So I have edited the post a bit. Thanks for correcting.

As per wikipedia Karna had only two wives- Vrushali and Supriya. And I always knew Vrishaketu to be Supriya's son.

Patrarekha thumbnail
actually wikipedia is not reliable it can be edited by anyone and karna's wives names were never mentioned in epic , vrishali name still was found in some ancient version , supriya was imagined by shivaji sawant where princess uruvi is taken from a southern legend by kavita kane

vrishketu is supriya's son in mrityunjay and uruvi's son in karna's wife

i want to believe he is uruvi's son as uruvi was a princess but u have ur freedom plz write what u want
meghnakundu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow it was short and sweet...i didn't wanted to end there..continue soon..:))