DOTW-Comparison between siblings

UsernameLoading thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Have a sibling, will be compared. This is true in most cases. Sometimes outsiders do it, sometimes the family itself does it. Marks, success, beauty, salary-there's always a benchmark to be met. It often leads to sibling rivalry, seldom is it motivational.
What is your take on it? Is such comparison healthy? Does it result in sibling rivalry?

In the show we have seen Bulbul being described as the prettier one. Pragya is mature enough to not let it affect her. Our all of us that strong?

PS: Please do not discuss how it should not be shown in the show. It is being shown in the show and we can do nothing to change it. Thanks!

Happy discussing

:)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nitarata thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Nice topic.
It depends on individuals. Some like Pragya who are secure about themselves can take it well, it can be an inspiration too in many cases. But if one is weak, it can be horrible and even lead to demotivation, depression and rivalry. I guess parents etc. have to be careful about how the sibling will take it. Edited by tiaradeol - 9 years ago
UsernameLoading thumbnail

Originally posted by: tiaradeol

Nice topic.
It depends on individuals. Some like Pragya who are secure about themselves can take it well, it can be an inspiration too in many cases. But if one is weak, it can be horrible and even lead to demotivation and depression and rivalry. I guess parents etc have to be careful about how the sibling will take it.

Exactly! I know siblings who hate each other because of this which is really sad TBH..I mean parents need to realize every child is different and not push their kids beyond limits..Unfortunately, it happens a lot in our society
nitarata thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Right. I have known a brother of an achiever sister who got suicidal due to constant comparison. Also in entertainment industry often siblings, even star kids for that matter, are expected to be like their bro or sis who already made a mark. Many do well but many can't. It's a scary thing at times.