Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meghavi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

WHY DOES ROTI HAVE TO BE GOL!?!?!?!?

why can't it be square, rectangle, triangle or any other shape???? why do we HAVE to make it round?!??!??! 😑

Lolz ...roti's don't have to be round...you should see mine lolz..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† I can almost never get them to be round! 😳

*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

rotis are gol??? really?? lolzz πŸ˜† ... arey my roti like most people here is never round ... its always in some wierd shape

anddd its fat from some places and thin from others!! makes me go mad!! but i just cant get the hang of it.

Edited by J. - 17 years ago
ritzbitz thumbnail
****believe it or not*************

GALS U Should see how we (maharashtrians . esp the place i come from) make round chapatis out of triangular shape dough.. πŸ˜†
first we take some dough make it circle...then make it triangle and then we make it circle... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
seriously this how we do ... i am not joking...this is the basic art of cooking that we r supposed to know...infact this is standard question asked when they go to see a girl .... 🀒
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ritzbitz

****believe it or not*************

GALS U Should see how we (maharashtrians . esp the place i come from) make round chapatis out of triangular shape dough.. πŸ˜†
first we take some dough make it circle...then make it triangle and then we make it circle... πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
seriously this how we do ... i am not joking...this is the basic art of cooking that we r supposed to know...infact this is standard question asked when they go to see a girl .... 🀒

Yes, I know that one πŸ˜†....and the rotis taste ever so yummy......I sometimes use it as a variation to the normal ones I make,it's just that it's too much work......

Arre girls, if IF had it's say in the kitchen,the rotis would definitely loose their definition of being gol......πŸ˜†

Here is a secret. When I first got married, I laboured 5 minutes over a roti, and sort of made it round.......but it always was either too fat or too thin......so I got hold of a round medium size bowl with sharp edges, and hid it.whenever I made rotis, I would use this to cut off the edges......ones the rotis were done, I soaked one side in ghee........they came off very well......and the ones without ghee did not taste as bad either........πŸ˜†

rub a little oil in ur palms when kneeding the dough - the rotis will not stick. Not too much though....

For records, I hate making rotis even today, and have a husband who does not eat anything other than roti as his staple diet, and our kids are following suit....😑

ritzbitz thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Yes, I know that one πŸ˜†....and the rotis taste ever so yummy......I sometimes use it as a variation to the normal ones I make,it's just that it's too much work......

Arre girls, if IF had it's say in the kitchen,the rotis would definitely loose their definition of being gol......πŸ˜†

Here is a secret. When I first got married, I laboured 5 minutes over a roti, and sort of made it round.......but it always was either too fat or too thin......so I got hold of a round medium size bowl with sharp edges, and hid it.whenever I made rotis, I would use this to cut off the edges......ones the rotis were done, I soaked one side in ghee........they came off very well......and the ones without ghee did not taste as bad either........πŸ˜†

rub a little oil in ur palms when kneeding the dough - the rotis will not stick. Not too much though....

For records, I hate making rotis even today, and have a husband who does not eat anything other than roti as his staple diet, and our kids are following suit....😑

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† minnie  the bowl thing i know... but typical MIL's/ ladies at our  place can easily make it out the trick ... i dont knnow lolz how they have hawk's eye for all these things.... phir shuru hote hai  taunts  " arey ma ne itna bhi nahi sikhaya...😑 gosh!

BTW  have u heard of "puran-poli" ? its like rumali roti but tastes sweet 😳

Kiran. thumbnail

LolzzzπŸ˜†..what a topicπŸ˜›πŸ˜†
don't know why rotis have to be gol😳.....but mine are always golπŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜›

Minnie's tips are really goodπŸ‘πŸ˜†

angelsgurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
lol.. ma rotis are never gol πŸ˜ƒ i like to have shapes of it when i eat it instead of eatin da same gol roti's... i have nieces who are so tiny and eat da shaped rotis and nuh da round ones.. its soo cute πŸ˜ƒ
wildblossom thumbnail
lmao πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i love this topic- i cant stop laughing reading all of this πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i agree with minnie di πŸ˜†

and abhijit shukla- if only all guys like u didnt care about the shape or look of their food πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
ammmu thumbnail
Hailaaa Saba ji πŸ˜† kya topic hai yaar!! πŸ˜†

Hmm....... my amma (mum) usually makes rotis here... but i do help her 😳 Rotis are round nah..!! But we've had square ones and triangle ones - my mum likes to experiment πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Gol, square, triangle, hexagon, you name it.... we've had them all πŸ˜†
anjali.nair thumbnail
i use a bowl with sharp edges to get the gol-gol shape even now. 😳 😳 😳