FeistyQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Here is something, I am going to write about Durga. I have always liked her and felt she is a very strong protagonist but after yesterday's episode am convinced that it's hard to be like Durga. Yes, Payal has suffered a lot, mentally, emotionally, physically but here Durga's pain is not just of a sister but is also filled with guilt. She somewhere gets haunted for her being the reason for all this; she regrets not picking up Divya's call and later when she came to know what happened to her sister. This would have emotionally broken her, yet she is making herself stand up and fight for justice.

To be with the evil monster who has raped her sister and acting like she is friends with him, hearing from him her sister's and her own character assassination, to smile to the people who have snatched the right to justice from her, to stand in front of them all who have made her sister characterless and even turned mental. Well it's a hard thing. Each minute she is with these people she will be reminded of what happened two years before. Two years is not even that long time to get healed for such a wound which can never be healed. She will be breaking down each time she is alone because the courage and strength she musters when with them gets drenched.

Her tears are not her weakness, but her strength, with each drop of tear she sheds; she gets refreshed for her revenge.

Durga is a very strong protagonist and I have immense respect for her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harinisriram39 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very well said !!!! Thanks for bringing it out beautifully.
Yes. Its really tough, when you have to control your emotions where you come across the people who have destroyed your everything and play calm with them, esp when you are reminded of all the moments of torment.

Good, she has the support of Dayal Thakur
FeistyQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: harinisriram39

Very well said !!!! Thanks for bringing it out beautifully.

Yes. Its really tough, when you have to control your emotions where you come across the people who have destroyed your everything and play calm with them, esp when you are reminded of all the moments of torment.

Good, she has the support of Dayal Thakur

yes! i forgot to mention about Dayal Thakur. He has come up as a savior for Durga.
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
perfect analysis of durga.
how terrible she must be feeling every time she sees shaurya and yet she has to behave politely with him.even if she feel like murdering him she has to be patient ans tolerate him .
durga is an awsum character and sanjeeda was fab yesterday.loved her
harinisriram39 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yes, and one cannot also blame her for not being thorough in her revenge strategy.

She is not of that scheming types. Today, she has a very strong will in her life to bring people to justice who destroyed her family. Plus she has this advantage of a new identity.

But her strengths are

Her new identity
Ignorance of Goenka's on her old identity
Some kind of influence and wealth
Her foster father - Dayal Thakur.
Akash - to some extent (He still does not know about Durga/Nitya)

But two years is not enough time to bring down a person like Saakshi Goenka who is scheming. Unlike Rajnath Goenka and Shaurya, she is smart and she knows how best to utilize the resources around her to down trodden all the people who come against her. If not for Saakshi, it would not have been that easy for Shaurya to come clean.
Saakshi had taken every step.
Its not easy to bring down a person like Saakshi Goenka.
One wrong move and every thing would be over.
(My my, What a brilliant performance by Simone Singh)

Though she has this new identity of Durga, Nitya had always been a simple minded girl. Its not easy for her to control her emotions, every time she comes across people who supported the crime. It is natural that her emotions curb her smartness.

Having said that, I wish that the CVs dont over exploit the emotional weakness of Durga and they make her more strong and smart to bring every one involved, to justice.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice post. Have to agree with you. To wear the mask is not easy. As shown in yesterday's epi. It is not just revenge that is driving her, but also a guilt of not being there for her sister when she wanted her most.
Dr Dayal is the pillar that handles her emotional vulnearability. I mean he comes across as a mature , caring father who understand's his daughter's pain completely.
To deal with Sakshi is going to be the tough for Durga because she anticipates everything in advance and become suspicious of anything that is out of order.
PRINCESS_ALISHA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well said. totally agree with you.
euphoric thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Wonderful post!
In all truth... Durga is what a revived Nitya carved out of herself. Yet, there are moments when the vulnerability of Nitya comes forth which Durga has to struggle to suppress. She belonged to a simple family, had a simple life and a modest living but it was robbed off of her... and she deep inside blames herself for not being able to protect things when it came crumbling down. That simplicity she was brought up in, the guilt inside her and her frustration over not being able to be of help to her sister then all chew her insides. But hats off to her that she buries it all inside her the moment she becomes what she is now... Durga. Her enemies are stronger than her but no one can beat her will. As it is said, When the going becomes tough, the tough gets going!
iamsenadam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely post...
I agree with each and every bit of yours. Yesterday, I got to know why Durga cried almost in every episode. Yesterday's episode gave answers to sooo many questions. This is such an amazing show. I'm loving it.
FeistyQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

perfect analysis of durga.

how terrible she must be feeling every time she sees shaurya and yet she has to behave politely with him.even if she feel like murdering him she has to be patient ans tolerate him .
durga is an awsum character and sanjeeda was fab yesterday.loved her

thank u!
indeed its not an easy task which she is carrying.. n sanjeeda was simply superb in y'days break down scene⭐️