Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: TheWatcher

I don't know why it feels like we skipped AT 11, it took 3 days for that AT to finish, new record in the forum I think.

Not just that, but if you click on 'Popular topics' on the right, for the first time, you'll see 2 Karna ATs there - Vrisha & Kavachdhari. Normally, it has just the outgoing AT. Reason for this is that popular topics is the most recent topics w/ the maximum #pages.
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Diala...

btw I was thinking something.. can someone tell me what is all about the water rites? What will/wont happen if it is not done by the biological family of the deceased?

That was my question a few ATs ago. All the honors that Drupada, Virata, Abhimanyu, Ghatotkacha, Shalya, et al got, Karna also got - there was no discrimination due to him being a suta. So why did Kunti have to tell her sons anything about who Karna really was?

Karna's wives joined Yudisthir, since they probably didn't have a choice, but even if he didn't know, they'd still have done his water rites anyway: it's not like they had anything else left to do. So what was Rajmata's or Samratmata's motivation in spilling the beans?
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: darklight

War will stop in that case,no mass destruction,but seriously how did they manage with those loose loose bottoms at that time,during war alsoπŸ€’πŸ˜†

They wore metal belts, which doubled as armor and belts. Also, the dhotis may have been kept attached by suspenders. πŸ˜† Keep in mind that most of them had swords in scabbards attached to their belts, so that they could draw it instantly.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of warriors died due to their dhotis falling & them being shot while trying to re-wear them, thereby dying nude 😈
Vr15h thumbnail

you still have inner wear πŸ˜† and may be that is why women were not let fight wars πŸ˜†

How do you know? πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†
Vr15h thumbnail

I cant get over it.. Kavachadhari AT should have been closed 1 hour and 8 minutes earlier..

Don't worry - I calculated it based on the post b4 mine. Incidentally, Vrisha too is still open, which is why it still shows up on top πŸ˜†

Anybody needs to pull anything from there b4 one of us asks Minakshi to close them?
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I would think they would want them in battle, if so😈
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Karna's wives joined Yudisthir, since they probably didn't have a choice, but even if he didn't know, they'd still have done his water rites anyway: it's not like they had anything else left to do. So what was Rajmata's or Samratmata's motivation in spilling the beans?

That is why I wanted to understand water rites.. Am not sure if you all know this but am not from an Hindu family so I dont know why it is done..

I raised this question with a doubt that if Kunti again did it for the sake of her legitimate 5.. if at all, not doing the water rites might end up being harmful to the living ones?
...Diala... thumbnail

atleast from the tamil literature I've read about Cholas, they did wear, so I assume Aryans too did πŸ˜†
...Diala... thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Archu-

Diala, that's why you said he is a fan of Aham for sure...But in case of Karna you have doubts...🀣

Exactly Archu.. you just cant trust Mr Cots πŸ˜†
...Diala... thumbnail
Vrish.. am happy with your scores for Karna.. I seriously thought you might score him lesser.. Dont ask me why πŸ˜†
Edited by ...Diala... - 10 years ago