Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

If one believes the Janemaya account of Vrishaketu, then he would have, since Vrishaketu married a princess, and would presumably have continued Karna's lineage thru her.
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Yeah dear he did have more than one grandson.. surviving son am not sure..

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

If one believes the Janemaya account of Vrishaketu, then he would have, since Vrishaketu married a princess, and would presumably have continued Karna's lineage thru her.

He surely had grandsons even if one doesnt believe Jaimini MB
Edited by ...Diala... - 10 years ago
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

i wonder why vrishasena was not married he was quite elder than pandava sons except ghatotkach if abhimanyu who is 10-12 years younger to him can get married n have son then y vrishasena n other elderly sons of karna remained unmarried

pandavas decided to think abt 5 upapandava's marriage after war but that was not case with karna
Edited by Patrarekha - 10 years ago
...Diala... thumbnail

Did you expect that he'd score the worst on the thing that he was most protective of - his loyalty to Duryodhan?

Nope as a Warrior I thought you would score him lesser.. and as Dury's frnd 3 is fine.. I would have scored him lesser if I consider he left Dury amongst the Gandharvas 🤢 This is one sincere complaint I have against him.. finally he did prove he preferred being a good human than being Dury's good frnd
...Diala... thumbnail

Originally posted by: Patrarekha

i wonder why vrishasena was not married he was quite elder than pandava sons except ghatotkach if abhimanyu who is 10-12 years younger to him can get married n have son then y vrishasena n other elderly sons of karna remained unmarried

pandavas decided to think abt 5 upapandava's marriage after war but that was not case with karna

Jhum.. dont worry.. many of his sons were married if not all of them.. He should have had atleast half a dozen grandsons from his ~7 sons..
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
okk so karna had his lineage even in vyasa
Vr15h thumbnail
One thing about Karna's birth - if he was floated on the Ganga, Kuntibhoj's kingdom couldn't have been in today's MP - it would have had to be somewhere b/w Gangotri & Hastinapur, no?

Or else, how did Karna land up in Hastinapur as a youth? Or originally end up in Drona's gurukul?
...Diala... thumbnail
He was not floated in Ganga.

The basket floated from the river Aswa to the river Charmanwati, and from the Charmanwati it passed to the Yamuna, and so on to the Ganga.

Aswa and Charmanwati were possibly branch rivers.. And it is said his parents sent him to Drona's gurukul..
Vr15h thumbnail
These river names - are they there in KMG? I doubt that Vyasa went much into the geography of Kuntibhoj's kingdom
...Diala... thumbnail

Originally posted by: Redrose07

I'm loving the At name😊

That was Candidfrisky's suggestion.. 😊