I often get mobbed by young girls: Aniruddh Dave

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
I often get mobbed by young girls: Aniruddh Dave
Aniruddh Dave
Jaipur boy and TV actor Aniruddh Dave was recently in the city for a friend's wedding. And even though it was a very short trip, it was enough to cure his homesickness. "This trip was really short, as are most of my visits to my home town now. I don't get to come to Jaipurvery often now, I come whenever there's some occasion. Sometimes when I feel really homesick, I come down for a day or two. But even then, I hardly get the time to catch up with all my friends," he says.

ALSO READ: I'm doing an item number: Aniruddh Dave

Aniruddh moved out of Jaipur around six years ago and has now become used to the homesickness. He says, " After some time, you continue to miss the city and your people, but you are also conscious of your responsibilities, of your work, and by God's grace, I've been doing one show after another, so that's good." Ask him what he misses the most about the city, and pat comes the reply , "I miss my friends the most, aur woh Jawahar Kala Kendra ka mahaulwhere I used to spend all my time." 

Aniruddh was part of the theatre scene in Jaipur before he moved on to acting in Mumbai, and he feels that now, aspiring Jaipur actors look at theatre as some kind of stepping stone to TV and films. "Theatre is very helpful, but maine jo notice kiya hai, is that theatre se leke screen tak ka time ek transition period hota hai. Today , there are many technical aspects of acting. Theatre is louder, you have to be more subtle on camera. So people work on that. Lekin mujhe lagta hai ki Jaipur mein log chahte hain ki theatre karke phir TV aur films mein pahunch jaayein. Aur woh karna bhi chahiye," he says. 

Now whenever he comes back to Jaipur, he often gets mobbed. "It's a good feeling, I often get mobbed, especially by young girls, because they watch a lot of TV ," he says. But every time he comes here, he's also very impressed with the infrastructure of the city . "Every time I come back from the airport, I see all these amazing buildings, and when I was in Rajasthan College, all of this wasn't there. Ab toh kya kya khul gaya hai. The infrastructure is very impressive. The other day a friend messaged that they were going to some lounge, I told him that I was already back in Mumbai. Then we were discussing how the nightlife of Jaipur is quite happening now . Aur phir woh apne Jaipur waale style mein bola, 'tujhe pata hai na apna Jaipur bhi kam nahi hai'," he says, laughing.