Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

In 1599 at age of 56 he married 12 rajputh princess on same day. Do you think he will have husband relation with all 12 at that age??? I doubtt, it was political weddings.

All i know he married in srinagar in his 50s in 1590s who they are who knows or who cares? Akbar himself did not name majority wives in his officail biography so these princesses also
they are one of his 300 wives. all i wanted to say 300 wives does not mean he had husband-wife relation with all.

Akbar had an epyiliptic attack after which he started having debates on religion
I meant Akbar started debates with all religious and founded din-e-illahi after that attacks. He too much more interest in spirituality after that. And yes modern historians think its eplieptic attacks based on symptomsss
Edited by myviewprem - 10 years ago
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: myviewprem

In 1599 at age of 56 he married 12 rajputh princess on same day. Do you think he will have husband relation with all 12 at that age??? I doubtt, it was political weddings.

All i know he married in srinagar in his 50s in 1590s who they are who knows or who cares? Akbar himself did not name majority wives in his officail biography so these princesses also
they are one of his 300 wives. all i wanted to say 300 wives does not mean he had husband-wife relation with all.

Akbar had an epyiliptic attack after which he started having debates on religion
I meant Akbar started debates with all religious and founded din-e-illahi after that attacks. He too much more interest in spirituality after that. And yes modern historians think its eplieptic attacks based on symptomsss

My reply regarding the "Epilepsy" was for informative purpose ONLY.

Yes, after that incident only , Akbar invited all people from different faiths, in Ibadat Khana. 😊
There is one more reason given.

Abul Fazl says, in Akbarnama, Vol.3,Pg-252,--> His Majesty, opened the doors of his 'Temple' (means-Ibadat Khana) on night of 3rd October 1578, for people of all faiths, to distinguish clear wine and good coins from the bad ones.

Badayuni , in his accounts, Vol.2, Pg-255-56, writes the same, with much clarity-->as Akbar was fed up, with the debates " between the two factions of mullahs who started even abusing each other in the debates." 😕
So, finally, Akbar opened Ibadat Khana(Fazl calls this ' Temple ' of Divine Knowledge) for all.
Badayuni calls Akbar an infidel 'again' for this noble act.😕 And further writes, all this happened due to the company of other infidels(you all know who they could be), in which Akbar stays. {Read it. It's a bitter account. I can't write all here.}
Badayuni could NOT tolerate this noble act of Akbar.

So, it looks like this was ALSO a reason, apart from that divine intervention. Though, the driving forces were same here also. 😉

@Bold Blue
The main point to which i was responding to, was about the WRONG content that Akbar married 12 princess's in 1599 in 1 day. This NEVER happened.!!.
The account which you are quoting says Akbar married TOTAL 12 Rajput princess. It NO WHERE says that he married 12 Rajput princess's in 1 day, in 1599.!!.😊

Also, Akbar did NOT have 300 wives, by any means(you have also written this few pages back). Has anyone read, I want to know, Where is this written and how that person arrived on this number.?. 😕
The BEST possible research, by Irfan Habib and others, have shown the number to be VERY VERY VERY LESS, and the research includes SO MANY contemporary accounts. ( don't want to discuss his Private Life here.)😳

@Bold Brown
.. It is mentioned, who she was.!.

There IS mention about the daughter of Shams Chakk, belonging to the royal dynasty of Kashmir, whom you are talking about. Abul Fazl has mentioned this. Yes, it's correct, that it was PURELY a Political event, after defeat of Kashmir. Even the date is mentioned by Abul Fazl - 12 October 1592 in Srinagar, she entered Imperial Seraglio. It's given in Akbarnama, Volume-3, Page-626.

The thing i want to say is, records for many(if not all) things exist, provided we search.
:)