serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Hola All! Hope its all going good :)

Well, i know today's episode was like 10x times faster than we had expected, cz usually Saturdays are Drags and Fillers, but it wasnt the case this time round and YIPPEEE to that!

I wrote an OS out of boredom this morning (Even though im in the middle of my effed up Finals!) So yeah, here it is. As much as i would like Ishu to give him the silent treatment... and all, here too, she does give the silent treatment but everything gets solved super soon ;) LOL LIKE IN YHM... weve always seen... none of the tracks/sequences/phases drag... and so... Here goes nothing

PS: NOT PROOF-READ, SO PLEASE PARDON MISTAKES 😳

I knew All Along...

They say that silence speaks louder than words, and probably rightly so. But what if the silence is misinterpreted? Had she really misunderstood me?... misinterpreted my silence? Did she REALLY think I doubted her? She wouldn't. She COULDN'T! Raman thought... Or could she?

Anyhow Raman had not given her enough reasons to make her trust him, make her believe that he'd be there, even though she had expected, he could see not just a pint of disappointment but heeds and pools of hurt, dejection and pleads in her eyes, as Amma had grabbed her hand and literally dragged her out of the Bhalla Residence, straight ahead, on to the Iyers' Flat. He could see how her feet were giving up, even though the distance was merely 6 small steps. He had not said anything, but only looked at her, and he tried, he TRIED to tell her through his eyes something, anything, to make her believe that he DID trust her, and this was just a small phase, it would pass, and they'd all be together, Happy again! But it seems that he could not say anything to her with his eyes... or maybe she couldn't register it as she was already broken, completely shattered, and Raman's questioning, "Kya hai yeh!?"... "Hamare beech koi rishta nahi hai yeh baat main jaanta hoon, tum jaanti ho, Param ko kaise pata chala!?"... His questioning had taken that  last array of thoughts that could think rationally away from her. She was STILL STRONG after the accuses hurled at her from Mummy ji's side, Simmi's side, Parmeet's side... but Raman questioning her had DONE it for her, then and there.

It was a reflex, he was shocked out of his wits, that for a thing, a secret that ONLY Raman and Ishita shared in this world, a secret that HE was about to reveal to his family, but was stopped by Ishita, as she was the rational thinker in the two of them, a secret that SHE wanted to be kept secret, was out in the open, and WHO of all people knew about it was PARMEET? The words that came out of his mouth as soon as he read those messages were out of a reflex. He had asked her, and when he saw her embarrassed, broken, devastated at the mention of the secret out loud, he had realized, he shouldn't have done it. Everyone could've read it, they didn't necessarily have to hear it from HIS mouth. Definitely not. ALAS! It was too late. Things said and done cannot be undone.

It was 2 days now since Ishita was gone, or was it 2 centuries? Now no, before people jump to irradical conclusions like LOVE', Cant stay without her' types, let me tell you, I was in Mumbai Last week, Gone there for 2 days, and yes, I missed my family, my daughter... My Wife... I missed them... I missed her, but... but those days... those 2 days DID NOT seem like 2 centuries! AT ALL! The 2 days were LIKE 2 days, and he missed them normally. Why was it different now? He had his whole family with him, he had his daughter too (well sort of, because she would spend most of her time at her Paati's) but still, she was right there, everyone was there... but HER... she wasn't there, and it was like the mechanical object that his heart was had a missing piece. Something was majorly amiss and he was tired of ignoring it. As he was coming near and nearer to Parmeet's reality, the brutal reality of that Monstrous man, it was getting more difficult by the minute, for him to live in that house, in that room, he just wanted to go right away, to the flat opposite theirs, Drag his wife out of that room he knew she'd be sitting in, get her to their room and SCREAM and tell her that he trusts her, trusted her all along, he was just not in a position to voice it out, he didn't want people further counter questioning them, him, HER. He wanted to gather all proofs personally, himself and throw it on at their faces, then HE would speak and they'd be speechless, not able to utter a single word against his wife, Against the mother of his daughter. His unspoken plight seemed to have gone unnoticed by the person who was responsible for making him this restless. Little did he know that she understood.

She had understood those unspoken words, not fully maybe, but she knew in her heart that he could not doubt him. He could not. HOW COULD HE? He never would. But then what was this? It had been almost 3 days, and he had only visited the place thrice, and today he stayed for longer than necessary. He had once come to return her phone, that she had outrightly refused to use or even touch, then twice he had come to drop and take Ruhi back. All this while, all they shared were a few eye-locks. This morning when Ruhi had asked Raman to stay over for a while as Amma had made cholay batoore for Ruhi and Raman liked them too, Ruhi insisted and he stayed back. None of them wanted Ruhi to even get a hint of how wrong things were at the moment. So he had stayed back. Surprisingly enough, he hadn't resisted much, but as he for the sake of formality said "No, Beta, Paati made it specially for you, aap khaao" He had kept stealing glances at Ishita, who was observing all of this too, but chose to ignore and not interfere. He had kept looking at her, stealing glances as if trying to read if any expressions on Ishita's face change or she shows any signs... she doesn't. None.

He finally gave up and said "Ruhi. Acha chalo okay, mumma, papa and Ruhi will have lunch together, theek hai, Mumma?" He looked at Ishita, daunting a response. He got none to himself, however she was looking at Ruhi and smiling.

Ruhi in her signature way hugged her papa and started dancing, and ran to her Chechi's room to play with Muthu.

As Raman saw her daughter enter the room to the far right, he then slightly got up from his bending position, he still had the smile plastered on his face, but looking at Ishita, the smile sort of lessened, it was a weak smile now. He saw Ishita sitting there, intact on the sofa she was at, she was looking straight ahead as if observing something, it was where Ruhi had gone, as he looked at the direction, he saw that she was literally staring into nothingness. She stared straight ahead like she had failed in life. She had a slight faded smile on her face and he could see tears forming in her eyes.

He got up and went to her.

"Ishita?" No response. "Ishitaa!?" He held her by her shoulder this time, and he cannot forget the shrill of her voice, it wasn't loud but it was TERRIFIED, her fear-stricken eyes, NOT looking in his direction, only staring ahead and really wide, she had frozen to her spot, the shrilling voice was only a loud grasp, but he could sense how scared she was, he could feel her heartbeat going in an unusually fast pace, and due to which, his own heartbeat increased. He quickly held her by both shoulders from behind and brought his face close to her head and whispered in a calming tone. "Shh... Ishu, its just me" She slowly turned to look at him. Yes. It WAS him. Finally. She didn't know she let out a silent thank you to the Gods, but he knew she did, as she closed her eyes for a second, with relief and then quickly opened. It broke him to see her that way. His Jhansi Ki Rani was freaked out by him even TOUCHING her shoulder gently. Only God knows what all she had gotten to go through with all the advancements of Parmeet on her time and again. He wanted to cut himself. Hit himself as hard as he wanted to hit Parmeet, not because he had let her get out of the house. But because it was such a shame that he couldn't give the security, the comfort, the trust a husband is inclined to give to a wife. A feeling of contentment. She couldn't confide in him. God knows from when she was the victim of his apparent Brother-in-laws evil doings, but she couldn't tell him, because he had NEVER given her that space!?

She started to move when he tried initiating the conversation again.

"Aaj tum clinic nahi gayi?" She looked at him straight in the eye, but the very next second lowered them. "No, Sarika also hasn't been coming to work and there is no as such emergency, I'll go if there's any emergency"

Listening to Sarika's name, everything came back to Raman, how he had seen where she lived, had seen her with Parmeet, the fact that SHE had wrongly accused and blamed Ishita because of which she had to go to jail. His nose flared in anger.

Just in that moment, as if on cue, the door opened and Mrs Iyer entered. She was blabbering something about how everything has become so expensive out in the market, she was going towards the kitchen with all the bags of vegetables and stuff when she stopped mid-way. She saw Raman and Ishita there. "Raman!? Tum yahaan..." she looked at Vishwa who auctioned her to stay quiet and not be rude with him. "Namaste Amma, Namaste Appa" He said as he came and took blessings, Appa blessed him with a smiling face. Amma hesitated but in the end did give him the blessings he asked for. Amma continued as she put away the bags. "Ruhi ko lene aaye hoge? Actually, aaj usske liye main lunch banarai hu"
"Jii Amma, Ruhi ne bataya..." He said with a smile and tried to sound excited. "Aur jab usne offer kiya ke uski Paati yahaan hum dono ka favorite food banarahi hain, toh Lunch pe rukne se main usey mana hi nahi karpaya" Amma looked at him "Aiyyo.." and then she looked at Vishwa and hid it and said with a smile, that hardly came, "Ohh accha accha, haan stay over for lunch" She said looking at Vishwa, it was obvious she didn't feel it right for him to be here, but then she avoided.

Ishita got up to leave.

"Ishita!" He called out. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know why he had called out to her but, he just didn't want her to be so indifferent.

"Hmm?" She said turning to him.

He looked at Amma and then Appa. He kept looking at Appa when he said, "I want to talk to you, alone' He was addressing Ishita.

Amma interrupted saying "Aiyyo" but Appa shushed her. So she became quiet.

"Sorry Raman, not now, im not in the mood or the right frame of mind."

"Ishita, please. Its really important"

"What is it?"

"I said I wanted you alone. To talk"

"Why cant you say it in front of Amma and Appa"

Yes, he was starting to get irritated

"Tch! Because I want to talk to YOU before Amma and Appa come to know of it, is that reason enough?"

She straight away walked to her room without saying a word. He followed.

He closed the door.

"What is it?" she said. She wasn't facing him. She faced the window, her hands crossed on her chest, her face facing the window.

He took in a deep breath, and started. He started telling her how much he trusted her, he could do anything but not trust her, he tried explaining to her how he was not in a position to voice out and PROVE anyone wrong. Yes Proofs, not only did he not have enough, he had NONE, and he wanted to PROVE to the world, his family with all PROOFS that she was a victim, an innocent one and that you were in no ways part of such an adulterous venture. From that day itself he had started digging into the matter so he could gather enough evidences that could prove her right. He also tried explaining to her why he hadn't stopped her from going with Amma and Appa because somewhere at the back of his head he knew that she was safe there, at her parents' place. Safe from Parmeet, safe from the wrath and the taunts of his sister and mother.

By now he had held Ishita by the shoulders and she had tears rolling down her face. He explained to her HOW he step wise got to the bottom of it and now there was very very less stuff left for him to do to prove PARMEET completely wrong, he still held her shoulders.

He couldn't see her cry, but her tears wont stop. She was looking straight to the ground, her tears falling profusely, no pauses there. He cupped her face in his hands, his own eyes watering now.

"Ishita, You are my Wife, my daughter's mother. The pride of my family. I trust you. Ive always trusted you. Even before I got married to you. My dislike towards you and your dislike towards me, leave aside, they were for matters different altogether, but you do know that you were one person I wouldn't doubt, EVER... which is why I had allowed the closeness of my daughter get to such extent with you. Had I Had even a small doubt on you, your character, your family, anything that I thought would be negative for my daughter, id have BY GOD, took my child away from you, even this Mayur Vihar for that matter! But whenever Ruhi was with you, I knew, I believed she was safe, I wouldn't ever accept but I always preferred her being with you than EVEN MY MOM, because I know the care and attention that you'd give, even she couldn't. So Ishita, think anything but this that I let you go because I doubted you, NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND!" He said that and this time she sobbed loudly and as soon as he heard her cry, he hugged her.

He hugged her tight. His eyes closed as a few tears trickled down from them. He had a smile on his face. His eyes still closed as he towed his hand inside of her head, twisted a few fingers firm in her hair, and rubbed her hair and the back of her head. His other hand held her firmly from the waist. She was smiling now. The tears still kept rolling down, but she was extremely content.

"Jhansi Ki Rani" He said as he continued hugging her. She giggled, sniffing into his shoulder. He nudged her head with his while still hugging, the smiles from both their faces not fading for even a second.

They finally broke the hug, he was still smiling looking at her, she was looking down, blushing profusely. For a second she thought he had hugged her because... because maybe Ruhi was there? She quickly peeked and looked past him towards the door if Ruhi or anyone was there. There was no one. He was quietly standing and observing her, amused. He shook his head as he understood what she had thought.

He started to walk towards the door.

"Mrs JKR Bhalla, as soon as I get that report from Dubai, about the pervert in a few hours, and throw it on the faces of EVERYONE who has doubted you, you are coming BACK to your home, understood?"

She smiled a genuine smile and wipes her tears off her face.

"Yes, Raavan Kumar" she said smiling, even though he knew this isn't her full smile. He knew it would take time and these were just baby steps... but everything starts from there, he thought to himself. He would definitely get his fighter Jhansi Ki Rani with her witty one-liners back... and that too real soon... but... first, let this Mihir come with the Dubai reports first... he thought as he walked out of the room behind her.

They had a happy-ish lunch. Mr and Mrs Iyer noticed how Ishita was atleast smiling a bit after a good 3 days. They were content. Whatever it was that the husband wife talked about behind closed doors had atleast, if not fully but to an extent brought a smile to their daughter's face.

[BACK TO BEFORE THE FLASHBACK, EVENING TIME]

It was almost 7:30 in the evening and it had been a good few hours since Raman had gone back, and Ishita was pondering over the happenings, she had known all this while somewhere at the back of her head that Raman wouldn't doubt her but somehow, him accepting that from his own mouth gave her the contentment that even she didn't know she was craving for.

The doorbell rang and it was Raman. He had a few papers in his hand. He right away came to Ishita, held her hand and took her to her marital home.

IT... WAS SHOWTIME.

Edited by serendipity. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
jst read the os RB...
awww...too beautiful...loved the way Raman talked his heart out to Ishu...!! and the HUG...aww...yaar will v see the same in show too?i so hope...!!

good job RB...plz aise hi likhte rehna...😳🤗
Edited by Nikki_Titli - 10 years ago
shaaranya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 8
Yaya res
Will read and comment

Edited
Superb os dear!!
The way Raman was portrayed was so realistic that I really think we could expect something like this from the show:)
Would be really amazing if they showed it this way, Raman clearing things with ishita before showing everyone parmeet's true colorsEdited by shaaranya - 10 years ago
-Garima- thumbnail
RBBB! 
You chuppi rusta, you! ðŸ˜† I should've known you were up to this! :P hahaha BUT DUDE YOU ARE SUCH A BRILLIANT WRITER YAAR WHY DON'T YOU WRITE MORE PAGLI?! ðŸ˜ƒ This was a GREAT OS and it totally made sense, SERIOUSLY! ðŸ˜³ All the emotions both Ishita and Raman went through were described SO well! :) Keep it up yaaraaa! ðŸ˜ƒ

AND I WANT TO SEE YOU WRITE MORE OKAY MISSY?! ðŸ˜Ž Tumhe mere KP ki kasam! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†
Edited by -Garima- - 10 years ago
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Nice one 😊

Interesting point; they aren't showing us what Ishita is thinking. Does she know he trusts her ???
.Ranju. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Its awesome. Wish it could have happened like this in the show😳

I could imagine the intense moment between IshRa and the hug. So beautifully written!!
serendipity. thumbnail

Originally posted by: shaaranya

Yaya res
Will read and comment

Edited
Superb os dear!!
The way Raman was portrayed was so realistic that I really think we could expect something like this from the show:)
Would be really amazing if they showed it this way, Raman clearing things with ishita before showing everyone parmeet's true colors

Thank you so much! Im very glad you could relate this Raman to the real Raman :)
makes me hapyyy.
How i'd wish that happens, but sad enough, isnt happening ;) :P

Thank you for the sweet comment! :)
serendipity. thumbnail
Thank you :)
serendipity. thumbnail

Originally posted by: always_a_TV_fan

Nice one 😊

Interesting point; they aren't showing us what Ishita is thinking. Does she know he trusts her ???

Yup, they arent exactly, maybe because this separation isnt really a real one and theyre looking forward to wrap up the PervMeet stuff ASAP... also today theyve taken it to a whole different level by bring comedy and light-hearted stuff into it... i think some other time we'd get to see all that hardcore heavy duty separation stuff with thoughts from both sides!? ;)
serendipity. thumbnail