Santram verma in encounter with chetan hansraj and eijaz khan

Peacefulmind thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/screen/eijaz-khans-police-officer-act-for-encounter/

Eijaz Khan's police officer act for Encounter

Written by Ankita R Kanabar , with input from Geety Sahgal | Mumbai | April 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Eijaz Khan

SUMMARY

Actor Eijaz Khan, who was last seen in Punar Vivaah, will be seen on Encounter this weekend
Tweet This

Actor Eijaz Khan, who was last seen in Punar Vivaah, will be seen onEncounter this weekend. The three-episode story, which will be telecast from Friday to Sunday, will have the actor essaying the role of a police officer.
Talking about taking up this role, he says, "It's a conscious decision to only do things that excite me. The moment I feel I'm doing something just for the sake of it, I take a step back. But this role is very exciting." In order to make his character look authentic, the actor has also grown a moustache. "The only preparation I did was to grow a moustache. What I needed to make sure was that I am not wrong in my portrayal of a police officer. It was literally like mujhe police ki izzat sambhal kar rakhni hai. I know a few police officers, and my uncle too is an officer, so I spoke to him to get a few mannerisms right," says the actor.
Khan was also excited to work with Santram Verma, the director of his episodes on the show, who he has never worked with in his ten-year television career. The three-episode story was shot in about 10 days, and according to the actor, this has been his toughest schedule so far. "It was like doing a film. I have to say, it's been the toughest schedule ever for me, despite the fact that for an earlier project of mine, I've also shot continuously for 72 hours. Here I was beating up goons, wearing a uniform in the heat, and sweating, and jumping here and there. But that's what makes it exciting for me," he says.
Meanwhile, buzz is that Khan will next be seen in a fiction show for Star Plus. However he says, "I cannot talk about it right now."