Episode Analysis-Epi 1 :)

durba thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello friends, I am a complete serial addict and whenever there is a new show coming up, I am the first one to join the audiences' bandwagon ðŸ˜ƒ So going by this nature, I watched Kumkum Bhagya tonite and something tells me I am going to follow it everyday.
The show started with Pragya's introduction and her wedding preparations. In the first episode itself they tried to give a character sketch of almost all the main characters barring Abhi of course. I felt I could connect with Pragya. I have personally faced many difficulties due to my looks. People seem to surpass my education and outlook towards life like unimportant things. This world is very materialistic and greedy 

I felt the episode took off on a high speed right from the wedding preparations to the wedding being called off. I liked Sriti Jha's portrayal of Pragya and how she bravely faced the society and had the guts to call off her wedding. At least they did not drag the track nor did they throw in high melodramatic situations with everyone in the family is crying and lamenting about what just happened. Pragya is an educated girl who has her head on her shoulders. She believes in no drama and is practical in her outlook. She is a responsible girl who values her family and self-respect above everything else. Well Suresh has already given an apt character analysis towards the end of the episode. I need not say more. Coming to Bulbul's character she represents almost a larger section of girls in today's world. A happy go lucky girl with her own set of dreams and aspirations. She has built a dream world for herself where she is waiting for her prince charming which is most likely Abhi as she adores him ðŸ˜Š

Pragya's mom is the typical loud Punjabi mom ðŸ˜† Her daadi is the uber cool Candy crush playing good old lady ðŸ˜Ž Suresh's character is a bit confusing in my opinion. I mean I did feel and obviously going by the looks of the show, he likes Bulbul but holds immense respect for Pragya. Obviously everyone thinks he likes Pragya but I am sure everyone will be in for a suprise when he will choose Bulbul. The other characters haven't been introduced well enough for me to make an analysis. I am keeping that for future. 

Judging the first episode and the precap I believe the show will revolve around the Arora family and their trials and tribulations while managing their only source of income: Kumkum Bhagya marriage hall. Well I think the show has started off well and as we all know Ekta will leave no stone unturned to make it a grand success. I just hope they do not ruin Pragya's character by making her a typical bahu who solves household problems like some detective instead of normally leading a professional life and balancing her marriage. Perhaps, things will take a turn with Abhi's introduction. Lets keep watching until then ðŸ˜ƒ 

Have a lovely day folks ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by durba - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
agree . if she keeps the character the same way it will be really good show.  the first thing i truly liked no dragging of plot. The lead shown as mordern day women 
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very good analysis. I enjoyed the 1st episode even though it was typical Ekta fare. It was the overall presentation and the fast pace which I really liked. It actually did seem like a real slice of life. The troubles faced by a family trying to get by running a business, the problems faced in getting children married off, society's perception about girls in general, modern responsible working girl heroine, and believable supporting characters actually made the whole premise relatable on many levels. I think the high point so far has been the performances which were really good by all involved. 

Sriti Jha was just brilliant as the practical Pragya and being a long time fan of hers it was quite a refreshing change to see her in a very normal role which doesn't involve any kind of darkness 😆. I really really hope her character doesn't get butchered and converted into yet another mahaan heroine; we already have enough of that already! 

Mrunal was spot on as the younger bubbly sister Bulbul. I particularly loved the sisters' bonding. Supriya Shukla was amazing as the loud yet emotionally sensitive Sarla. The scene at the end where Pragya comforts her mom before going to bed was so touching. We really get the sense that Pragya is Sarla's rock and without her she would probably fall apart. Even the Dadi and the nanny who they call Amma was very good. One part I loved was when Pragya was refusing to get married, Amma was literally looking daggers at the groom & his family! It was a classic case of "If looks could kill", then definitely Tarun would have dropped dead on the spot ðŸ˜†! 

Last but not the least a special mention goes to Faisal Rasheed who was awesome as Suresh! It takes quite a lot of guts and effort to play such an unattractive and "butt-of-jokes" character (especially in your 1st TV role) and not make it look over the top, and he nailed it perfectly! Quite an entertaining performance. Regardless of whether he has feelings for Pragya or not, they do happen to share a warm platonic relationship which was nice to watch. 

So far I'll give the show a 7/10. I'm just hoping against hope that Ekta doesn't ruin it.
Edited by zephyr29 - 10 years ago