Kumkum Bhagya actors get into their character mode

abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ekta Kapoor's new show Kumkum Bhagya, a passionate love story with a middle-class backdrop is likely to go on air in April. It will have Shabbir Ahluwalia back on television after a long time, playing a rockstar. 
Talking about his rockstar look, Ahluwalia says, "I had to imbibe the various nuances of a rockstar, how he walks and talks. Everyone has a different image of a rockstar, and they are normally perceived as wearing long hair and leading unconventional lifestyle. My character Akki, though he's crazy, will endear himself to the family audience. The creative team and the designers have worked on my look. Apart from music, my character also loves the adulation, fame, and attention, and that's what also reflects in the look."
Meanwhile, actress Sriti Jha, who was last seen as Ganga in Balika Vadhu, is the quintessential good girl. "My character, Pragya is also very independent and individualistic. It's always interesting to do something different like this. To portray the fact, that I am a simple, serious girl and a bookworm, I will be wearing a chashma and be seen wearing only plain shades of salwar-kameez always."
Actress Mrunal Thakur plays a character called Bulbul, who is Pragya's sister. "Bulbul is a happy-go-lucky girl, and you can use the word phataka' for her. She wants to be a singer and is a die-hard romantic, who always dreams about this rockstar Akki. The show is made realistically, complete with all the drama and masala that will lure the viewers," shares Thakur.
Edited by abhiyaneetu - 10 years ago