|| - Size Of A Pint, But Eraser Still Wins - ||

GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

If you've ever made a mistake, today is the day for you!

15th April, as not many of you know, is known as Eraser Day throughout the world. The day celebrates the invention of erasers and in some deeper way celebrates the mistakes people make and the fact that they can be rectified no matter how big they are.

All you need is a bit of tightly woven, soft as a feather and pure as an infant mass of Rubber, shaped into a perpetual gift. Though you can always choose your favorite color to erase out your naughtiness!

In the world of erasers, there are two men of prominence. Joseph Priestley discovered the eraser in 1770, using pieces of rubber imported from Brazil. 

Later in 1858, Hyman Lipman of Philadelphia, Pa., patented the pencil with an eraser at the end, generally known as plug. 

It was a belief, which stood true for a long time that only the manufacturing factories of pencils also made erasers, hence there never stood a solo plant for it. But in today's time things have changed for the importance of erasers seem more than the pencil.

Imagine your life without an eraser? There would be no way to amend one's mistakes. Once it's done, it cannot be undone. Life would become so difficult, wouldn't it? Let's find out what would happen if there was no eraser in the world, today.

Life without an eraser would be different, messier and for a pencil it would mean an empty head. Who would use a pencil if there weren't an eraser? Would people just use pens? 

Tiny little pupils starting out school wouldn't have the fun of chucking the eraser at each other, while the importance of learning something new, making a mistake and taking joy in rigorous erasing sessions would be a thing of the past.

A lot of paper would be wasted, because instead of erasing, people would just tear the paper and throw it away in order to make their work neat. Projects and assignments would be so untidy.

Artists would suicide because every time they would make a mistake they would have to start afresh! Would they ever be able to finish a drawing/ sketch? 

It may be small and lay almost non-existent in your pencil boxes, on the study table, lost in some section of your bag or among the litter that we create around us, unimportant it may look and for all that we know who really would think that a bit of rubber, cheap, easily borrowed and lost with no grievance could be even termed as important. 

But seems like it is.

An eraser is not always treated badly though. If you ignore the ink stains and tarnished edges to the little hearts drawn on it, it lives quite a privileged life.

Other than God there is only an eraser that doesn't judge you by your mistakes and lets you use it on any surface. A status so near to the God himself, is surely an eraser's pride.

You always need it! The need to possess an eraser is so big that if you lose yours or forget it in ignorance,  you'll beg, borrow, steal one, to correct your errors. Don't deny.

Unlike any other stationary, an eraser was bestowed with a partner-the pencil. Today we do get them separately but with some magical connection these two always end up close together. An eraser is never alone. Ever.

You do not pass it through a sharpener's blade or throw away its refills to replace its inner organs with new ones. No, never. An eraser is proud to what it is made and ends similarly. The pride and glory is nothing short of a human. Dust unto dust.

An eraser lives a life of almost the most desired stationary object of all. If its not enough you just need to look around in the shapes and sizes and colors it could be made into. But it remains as such till the end.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

haminasto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Here it is dear members to know what could be held in hand in time of need when there is no eraser at your service. All you need is to answer a few puzzles to find out that there is more to a manufactured eraser and its abilities as its name provides.

Imagine a day with no erasers, to mend and amend your mistakes,
the world stands in wayward marks and dripping ink to taste,
there is no salvation and you face the wrath of your leads and nibs,
so choose your champion among the known but unknown to pencil tips.
Here are the warriors who have come to save the day,
they are not erasers but still an eraser in some way!

If you were given the "magic" eraser for a day to night end, what one moment, person, and thing would you like to erase and why may we know the intend?

In your opinion, how different life would be if the erasers did not feature
and all your mistakes were left for all to see with the teacher?

Some pencils are erasers. All erasers are papers. Some papers are pens and some pens are erasers. So pencils seem obviously to be pens here too,
but do you believe this to be false or true?

It cannot be used on paper but still it erases your thoughts,
you cannot buy it but it costs you a lot.
Meddles with your head and erases your brai
n, what could be such a thing of pain?

Given a chance to be the maker of an eraser,
to create this miracle what could be your material?
No you have no access to rubber from trees
so think and tell what your portion is to make a few of these?

It is full of life and fills your mouth, when in fear it travels south.
Touch your fingers to it and make use on paper,
when rubbed over a mistake it does not refute your behavior.

We hope your eraser gets a special treatment today! Enjoy.

Regards,

credits:
Angel-Jot.
Yuvika_15
.BadtameezDil.
..eyecatchers..

pinkpearl5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Wow!!!! 😳 That's such a meaningful and interesting topic to discuss and a really deep meaning day to celebrate too. 👏 Thank you so much, CrazyCreatives for the wonderful topic. ⭐️ Beautiful thread. 🤗
Happy Rubber/Eraser Day! 🤗 It's time to erase your mistakes and learn from them too. 😎 See I love rubbers because you can erase the mistakes really quickly and easily and it saves so much time and effort. ❤️ With a pen, you can't!!!! 😭 So I always pick up a rubber and pencil when possible because erasers are the best to edit your mistakes! 👏

Wow! I never thought about the other deep meanings behind a eraser. 😳

Keep erasing! 😛 Thanks! 😃

Love, 

PP/pinkpearl5 
Edited by pinkpearl5 - 10 years ago
-.SapnokiRani-. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Liked (December 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 5
I had no clue there was such a day 🤣 Good job guys, with the thread! 👍🏼
pinkpearl5 thumbnail
Hey this this awesome! 😃 I searched for eraser day on google and found this image...
Torally cool..ain't it? 😛 Totally linked to my username and me!!!!!!! ⭐️

i have a big eraser that reads "for big mistakes"
🤣

very nice thread. 👍🏼

pinkpearl5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mainepyarkiya

i have a big eraser that reads "for big mistakes"

🤣

OMG I have that eraser too!!!!! 😃 It says the same thing!!! 😛 And it's really big too! 😆 Ahhh so erasers have a lot of meaning! ⭐️
Rock-Star007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Job well done CCs.

I could not imagine my life without an eraser. I make far too many mistakes to rely on a pen. 😆 But then there's always whiteout.. but an eraser and a pencil is still neater. =P
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
What a thread!  What a topic!  👏
I shall no longer ignore the significance of little eraser lying on my desk. 😆