Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheM5393 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: devashree_h

OMG! Not another article stating how cruel Arjuna was to Draupadi.🤪
Here was this guy sitting in Indralok, but he was thinking about Dushashan's death!! Now tell me, what did Dushashan do that Arjun would think about his death sitting in Indralok? Dushy tried to molest Arjuna's dear wife. After coming back from Indralok, he gave all the jewels and gold he got from Swarga to Draupadi. When he asks for the divine weapons from the Gods, he says he wants to use them against Bhishma, Drona and that Karna of abusive tongue. Tell me according to Arjuna, against whom did Karna use abuses in the epic? You are right, Arjuna's wife Draupadi.

What is the first thing Arjun did when he brought Subhadra to IP? He pacified Draupadi, calmed her down and repeatedly said sorry to her. Only after was she pacified that he sent Shubhi to his mother and Drau for blessings. Tell me, what Dwapar Yuga would act in this way and pacify his first wife about his second wedding? It was a norm that men married more than once. But Arjun took time to calm her down. He did not ignore Draupadi.

Krishna himself says how Karna's words were hurting to Arjuna. Karna, the one who called his wife names and insulted her in the Sabha. Arjuna was not the one in the epic who spoke about his agony or what he was going through. He just kept quiet and sulked. Doesnt mean he didnt care.

And no, Draupadi had no soft spot for anyone other than her five husbands. These writers should stop running with it as if it is part of Vyas's Mahabharat. They should stop writing it as if its a fact.They should educate themselves first if they are going to write a 'blog'.

And again, Bhima did not crawl back to dying Draupadi. She just fell down and died.

Just because its not in Vyasa's Mahabharat doesn't make it not part of the story. There are more than plenty of folk and literary versions of the great War all over India, u can't actually say only one of them is right and all others are wrong.
devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheM5393

Just because its not in Vyasa's Mahabharat doesn't make it not part of the story. There are more than plenty of folk and literary versions of the great War all over India, u can't actually say only one of them is right and all others are wrong.

All the major accepted, mainstream versions do not tell her having soft spot for anyone other than her husband. There are many folktales, but they are not considered part of the main epic. Lots of them contradict each other anyways.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Medha.S

Krishna says to Sanjaya that after Karna did the "Naughty words" thing,

To Arjuna it was and i Quote

" This speech, proceeding from Karna, was a wordy arrow, sharp, cutting all hopes, hitting the tenderest parts of the organisation, and frightful. It buried itself deep in Arjuna's heart."

During Virat war, Arjuna says to Karna;

Do thou now, O Radha's son, contending with me in the sight of the Kurus, make good what thou hadst said before in disregard of myself. Thou who hadst witnessed Panchala's princess outraged by villains in the midst of the court, do thou now reap the fruit of that act of thine.

Wow what a heartless 🤬 Arjuna was, really I may faint with shock.

he was so heartless 🥺 Poor Shrutakarman 😭 Such a heartless n rude father he had who neva loved his mother 😡 🤬

@Preethi hola nice to c u back :))
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Shani-

Draupadi is a pativrata Sati and one of the panchkanyas.

Stating that she had a soft corner for "someone else" other than her husbands is as bad as ⭐️B showing her disowning / divorcing the Pandavas for whatever reason...

And what truly "interesting" is the way it is written, like it really is a fact and we should be reading MB all over again to make sure that we did not miss this super obvious fact like the idiots we are.

Wait for a decade. Next, you never know we might be getting "factual" articles stating after VH Draupadi in her anger divorced the Pandavas. Krishna came in between as the marriage counselorand suggested they all go on a long-long vacation of 13 years to make sure that they really want to proceed with the Divorce.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
draupadi loved her husbands equaly and her husbands did the same.
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I believe the guy has often mixed up literature/legends with events of TV shows, read BRC, eg. when he says things like Karna holds a spear at Bhima's throat and spares his life. Also Karna's sparing of Bhima's life has nothing to do with his desire for Draupadi's revenge - that's too much of an exaggeration even from a Karna-shipper's POV.

But at the end of the day I think people should be open to heterodox legends and folk lore as well instead of being so prudish with 'original text'. By definition legends are rarely written and instead are mostly fabled.
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Medha.S

And what truly "interesting" is the way it is written, like it really is a fact and we should be reading MB all over again to make sure that we did not miss this super obvious fact like the idiots we are.

Wait for a decade. Next, you never know we might be getting "factual" articles stating after VH Draupadi in her anger divorced the Pandavas. Krishna came in between as the marriage counselorand suggested they all go on a long-long vacation of 13 years to make sure that they really want to proceed with the Divorce.

HEY medha I was wondering after years we would have a ARJUN-VRUSHALI lovestory where Vrushali was forcefully married to Karna and she always adored Arjuna ?????
And at Rush I seriously feel bad for Shruthkarman his father never cared or adored his mother ... such a meanie
WHAT say guys what is your take on Arjun -Vrushali love story would you accept this folk lore or rather fabled version with an open mind and not just restrict yourself to the original texts of Mahabharata come on it is a fabled version and people seem more interested in fabled versions right?????
Edited by frappie - 10 years ago
Medha.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: frappie

HEY medha I was wondering after years we would have a ARJUN-VRUSHALI lovestory where Vrushali was forcefully married to Karna and she always adored Arjuna ?????
And at Rush I seriously feel bad for Shruthkarman his father never cared or adored his mother ... such a meanie
WHAT say guys what is your take on Arjun -Vrushali love story would you accept this folk lore or rather fabled version with an open mind and not just restrict yourself to the original texts of Mahabharata come on it is a fabled version and people seem more interested in fabled versions right?????

That would be completely bizarre ... Paanhali wants her brother-in-law and vrushali wants hers.
Why not both do the virtual divorce and do a exchange programme ...

moreover Vrushali is a fictional character so i don't really know about confining yourself to mb ... you can always have more liberty with the fictional ones since you cant claim she was like this or that ...

Yes poor Shrutkarman

devashree_h thumbnail
Wasnt Draupadi-Arjun's son also called ShrutaKiriti? Wasnt Kiriti one of Arjuna's name?
Medha.S thumbnail
Yeah deva .. Srutkiriti, Shrutkirti, Shrutikirti, Shrutkarman ... etc. etc ..
Arjun had that name due to the crown kiriti indra gave on to him...