Who Loves Draupadi the Most? An Untold tochy love story

Preethi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
hi everyone.. iam new to this forum. my name is preethi. probably shaheer fans might have known me. errmm may be not .. iam preethi_shamya.
Today i came across a very intresting article, i wasw very much moved by this love story..
its about who among 5 pandavas loved druabadi truely..
Its beehm.. shocking isnt it? even iam shocked to know.. love story of bheem and drupati is a untold and legend in mahabarat 😊 read below to know in detail😊

Who Loves Draupadi the Most?

• LOCATED IN SPIRITUAL

Polygamy and Polyandry is a recurring theme in the Mahabharata. We see co-wives and co-husbands, brothers from multiple fathers exist at one place. Not to be generalized under a sexual umbrella, but the criss cross pairing of couples in Mahabharata is really charismatic.

The following points shed some light on Polyandry and Polygamy

• Husbands fighting for a common wife's affection (Draupadi).
  • Wife's fighting for a common husband's affection (Arjuna).
  • Wife's leaving spaces for other wife's and raising their children as their own (Madri / Kunti).
  • Wife's agreeing to raise kid from another man because their husand is impotent (Kunti and Madri).
  • Women agreeing to raise children from Brahmans, who is not a part of the royal family (Ambika, ambalika + Vyasa).
  • Wife agreeing to let their husband raise children with a maid since she is herself in labor and can't comfort her husband (Gandhari / Yuyutsu / step son).

Mahabharata is thus a treasure trove of zigzag relationships.

Who loves Draupadi the most?

One wonders which of the 5 husbands loved Draupadi the most? Was it Arjuna, who won her hand in the Swayamvar? Was it the noble Yudhisthir? Was it the mighty Bheema, handsome Nakula or the intelligent Sahadeva?

Draupadi and Arjuna is the most talked about pair in Mahabharata. Arjuna wins her hand but she is married to all the 5 brothers (read my other post on this). Arjuna is not happy that he has to share his wife with all the brothers, so he finds peace with Subhadra, Krishna's sister. He favors Subhadra which discomforts Draupadi. She always favors Partha, the archer, the hitman who slays all warriors with a blink of his Gandiva. But alas, Arjuna is busy in his romantic ventures with Suhadra, Ulupi, Chitrangada.

This causes Draupadi to have a soft corner for another archer, Karna. It is said that she secretly adored him but at the same time, she was faithful to her 5 husbands.

In hindsight, Draupadi ignores a man who loved her the most.

The answer: Bheema.

Of all her husbands, he is the one who loves her the most. He fulfills her every request, he cannot bear to see her hurt.

• Who brings her flowers from Kuber's garden? Bheema.
  • Who cries because his beautiful wife will have to serve as a maid to queen Sudeshna? Bheema.
  • Who kills 100 Kauravas to avenge the insult of Draupadi? Bheema.
  • Who does Draupadi run to when she is molested by Keechak in Matsya kingdom? Bheema.
  • Who carries Draupadi in his arms because she can't walk in a dense jungle? Bheema

The other Pandavas are not under Draupadi's thumb. She is prone to outbursts of rage, she makes unreasonable, unwise demands. Arjuna is ignorant on her and concentrates on gaining more power from the gods. Nakula and Sahadeva are nothing but pawns of Yudhisitira, they follow whatever their elder brother says. When she wants Keechak killed for molesting her, Yudhisthir tells her that it would expose their presence in Matsya kingdom, and advises her to "live with it" (Model husband that). Bheema simply walks up to Keechak in the middle of the night and tears him limb from limb. No questions asked.

Draupadi shows us Bhima's human side. He is a savage monster with others, but he is always and only tender when it comes to Draupadi.

We all know what happened in the infamous dice game. Dussasana tried to disrobe her but fails (thanks to Krishna). Bheema walks up to the center of the court room and makes a vow

"I, pavan putra Bheema, husband of Panchali pledge that unless I drink the blood of Dushashana and break Duryodhana's thigh, I will not show my face to my ancestors"

Jayadratha, Duryodhana's brother in law, tried to abduct Draupadi in the forest and she was rescued by Bheema. Bheema almost killed Jayadratha but Draupadi said that he is the husband of Dusshala, Duryodhana's sister and hence your sister too. Don't kill him.

Bheema took a vow that he would slay all the 100 Kauravas. In the 14th day of the battle, he drinks blood from Dushashana's chest, carries the blood and runs to Draupadi. He sprays that blood on her hair and fulfills his pledge. Only after this, Draupadi ties her hair after 15 long years.

Draupadi was the first to fall when Pandavas were on their final journey to heaven. Soon after Draupadi, Arjuna, Bheema, Nakul and Sahadeva followed. It is said that Bheema crawled up to Draupadi and accompanied her while she was breathing her last.

Bheema had said -

"O my queen, what can I do for you?"

Draupadi had replied -

"O my beloved husband Pavan Putra Bheema, you are the only one who have given me all that a woman longs for. But I have been ignorant towards you. I have been blind for Partha but you have protected me every single time and repaid me for the humiliation I had received. In our next birth, be the eldest."

She weeps and dies in the arms of Bheema.

In the horse dance of Tanjore and some other folk dances in South India, the riders of the dummy horses represent Draupadi and Bheema.

http://amitbanerjee.net/who-loves-draupadi-the-most/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

devashree_h thumbnail
OMG! Not another article stating how cruel Arjuna was to Draupadi.🤪
Here was this guy sitting in Indralok, but he was thinking about Dushashan's death!! Now tell me, what did Dushashan do that Arjun would think about his death sitting in Indralok? Dushy tried to molest Arjuna's dear wife. After coming back from Indralok, he gave all the jewels and gold he got from Swarga to Draupadi. When he asks for the divine weapons from the Gods, he says he wants to use them against Bhishma, Drona and that Karna of abusive tongue. Tell me according to Arjuna, against whom did Karna use abuses in the epic? You are right, Arjuna's wife Draupadi.

What is the first thing Arjun did when he brought Subhadra to IP? He pacified Draupadi, calmed her down and repeatedly said sorry to her. Only after was she pacified that he sent Shubhi to his mother and Drau for blessings. Tell me, what Dwapar Yuga would act in this way and pacify his first wife about his second wedding? It was a norm that men married more than once. But Arjun took time to calm her down. He did not ignore Draupadi.

Krishna himself says how Karna's words were hurting to Arjuna. Karna, the one who called his wife names and insulted her in the Sabha. Arjuna was not the one in the epic who spoke about his agony or what he was going through. He just kept quiet and sulked. Doesnt mean he didnt care.

And no, Draupadi had no soft spot for anyone other than her five husbands. These writers should stop running with it as if it is part of Vyas's Mahabharat. They should stop writing it as if its a fact.They should educate themselves first if they are going to write a 'blog'.

And again, Bhima did not crawl back to dying Draupadi. She just fell down and died.
Edited by devashree_h - 10 years ago
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Draupadi is a pativrata Sati and one of the panchkanyas.
Stating that she had a soft corner for "someone else" other than her husbands is as bad as ⭐️B showing her disowning / divorcing the Pandavas for whatever reason...
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Deva and Shani
Come on guys, there are so manyyy novels on MB that gets treated as the real deal, people take things out of it and here you go ..

What will a blogger do when Authors these days are all busy creating High school chick flick dramas out of MB?
devashree_h thumbnail
Mr.Amit Banerjee should do a simple search and verify if whatever he is writing is a fact or not. If he is going to write a blog, its his responsibility to state whether what he is writing are facts or his own views.

And please, can these so called bloggers and writers point to the passage where Arjuna shows his unhappiness over sharing Draupadi? I would really like to read it.
Medha.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: devashree_h

Krishna himself says how Karna's words were hurting to Arjuna. Karna, the one who called his wife names and insulted her in the Sabha. Arjuna was not the one in the epic who spoke about his agony or what he was going through. He just kept quiet and sulked. Doesnt mean he didnt care.

And no, Draupadi had no soft spot for anyone other than her five husbands. These writers should stop running with it as if it is part of Vyas's Mahabharat. They should stop writing it as if its a fact.They should educate themselves first if they are going to write a 'blog'.

And again, Bhima did not crawl back to dying Draupadi. She just fell down and died.

Krishna says to Sanjaya that after Karna did the "Naughty words" thing,

To Arjuna it was and i Quote

" This speech, proceeding from Karna, was a wordy arrow, sharp, cutting all hopes, hitting the tenderest parts of the organisation, and frightful. It buried itself deep in Arjuna's heart."

During Virat war, Arjuna says to Karna;

Do thou now, O Radha's son, contending with me in the sight of the Kurus, make good what thou hadst said before in disregard of myself. Thou who hadst witnessed Panchala's princess outraged by villains in the midst of the court, do thou now reap the fruit of that act of thine.

Wow what a heartless 🤬 Arjuna was, really I mat faint with shock.
Edited by Medha.S - 10 years ago
devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Medha.S

Krishna says to Sanjaya that after Karna did the "Naughty words" thing,

To Arjuna it was and i Quote

" This speech, proceeding from Karna, was a wordy arrow, sharp, cutting all hopes, hitting the tenderest parts of the organisation, and frightful. It buried itself deep in Arjuna's heart."

Wow what a heartless 🤬 Arjuna was, really I mat faint with shock.

That is the part I was talking about. So heartless and cruel right? He only cares about Kingdom and Glory.
Preethi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
okay iam nt defending anyone.. itz ok if u dont accept please don fight😊
devashree_h thumbnail
Preethi, no issues with you. I just dont agree with the article because it isnt based on Mahabharat facts. What all of us wrote, we can provide quotes from actual epic.
Medha.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..preethi..

okay iam nt defending anyone.. itz ok if u dont accept please don fight😊

It is ok. We do not have any ill will towards you, dont misunderstand.

It is the blogger who wrote this, that is all.😊