Live-life thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Heya Peeps! How are you all? Been a long time since I wrote something so decided to write this short piece. Well it is a little modern interpretation of Romeo and Juliet. Don't judge me on my song choice cause my music really doesn't makes sense sometimes but I love all the songs I have in my iTunes and this one of them so I'll leave you to it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Romeo and Juliet: Part 1

It was dark yet I could feel his eyes on me and it felt like he was touching me with his eyes. Suddenly it got a bit too hot in the room. Oh it was tempting to just give into the desire to run into his arms but no I couldn't lose myself now, especially not now in front of all these people.

To distract myself I walked to the bar and ordered a shots but don't worry they didn't have alcohol in them. I especially asked the bartender to put apple juice in them. My healthy way of living! So smart na!

Just as I was about to take a sip Shree came up to me and said " Heya Mukherjee! What you upto?"

"Oh Nothing just drinking Aquila shots."

"What? Aquila shots? Huh?"

"Well they have apple juice in them so why not call them Aquila shots...just to make life easier you know. Waise bhi it's complicated enough with people in them," and I couldn't help but look his way.

"Ri...why don't you just tell him how you feel? Kab tak yunhi gumsum rehgi?"

"It's not as easy as it sounds yaar. Plus I just know that he will push me away like he always does or shout at me. It's like a pattern you know and I can't really do anything about it."

"Yes, you can! Don't just sit here and sulk. Show him that your life doesn't just end on him...it's much more than that."

"But...it does Shree. It starts with him and ends with him. Without him it feels like it's not worth living," and I gulped down the last Aquila shot. Well they really do taste better than Tequila. People should really start trying new things man!

"Acha shreedevi ye sab chod ye bata ki teri love story age badi ye wahi ki wahi atki hai?"

"Kahan...Madam ko gossip karne se Phursat mile tab na. Abhi bhi apne friends ke saath khadi hai ek kona aur bas sab ka hehe haha chal raha hai aur mere romance ka satyanash ho raha hai," Shree pouted really cutely.

"Aww Shreedevi don't be sad chal mein kuch karti hoon!"

"Sachiii"

"Muchiii"

~15 mins later~

"Ladies and Gentlemen may I have your attention please! I hope you are enjoying this masquerade evening. I am here to give you a little heads up of the upcoming surprise. Yes, you heard it right Surprise! Well it involves dancing for one and the surprise will be who is behind that mask. So basically a boy and a girl will be picked to dance but they won't know who it is behind that mask so they will dance to the given song and at the end of it both will take their masks off and there you go Surpriseee! So they will be chosen through the spotlight. On whoever the spotlight stops will be the people dancing! Let's start," Oh Phew! That was a long speech. Now I have to bribe this spotlight person to make the spotlight stop only Shree and Liza. Chal beta Ri kam pe lag ja!

"Oh god please aaj meri Izzat bacha lena...Mukherjee agar Spotlight sahi waali par nahi ruki na to tera mein kya karronga mujhe bhi nahi pata," I heard Shree mumble these words as I got closer to him. My bhuddu friend...Kitna nervous hota hai..itni College ke final exams mein bhi nahi hua tha! Guess isse hi Pyaar ke side effects kehte hai. I chuckled!

"Oye Shree! Sab ready hai...you okay na?"

"Haan haan...mein to kabse okay hoon!"

"Nahi...tu bas nervous lag raha hai"

"Nervous aur mein? Puh-lease! This is not the first time I am dancing with a girl"

"But this is the first you are dancing with your girl na"

"Oh lord...ab tu mujhe aur nervous karegi so please don't say anything"

I laughed at that one. Lord! My friends is so innocent sometimes.

"Okay I will shut up now"

"Thank you meri maa"

The two spotlights turned on and started to do their magic. There were a few close calls but unhe to Romeo and Juliet (Shree and Liza) pe hi Rukna tha na. Akhir meri Rs.50 is mein chale gaye! Kuch to return gift banta hai! I smiled mischeviously!

It felt like ages before the spotlights actually stopped on the correct people. Finally!

Shree looked overjoyed behind his mask and I couldn't really tell Liza's reaction, as she was further away.

Both of them made their way towards the dance floor and I got excited as they held each other ready for the dance. The music started and it was a beautiful song...

Enchanted by Taylor Swift

There I was again tonight

Forcing laughter, faking smiles

Same old tired lonely place

Walls of insincerity,

Shifting eyes and vacancy

Vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

He danced with her like he didn't even dance with any other girl in prom. I smiled hard at that. Shreedevi you have fallen hard for her!

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

Across the room your silhouette

Starts to make its way to me

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks

Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

They were locked in each others arms, eyes locked and hearts entwined. I couldn't help but go into a dreamy look on that. They are so much in love.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home

I'll spend forever wondering if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you

The lingering question kept me up

2 AM, who do you love?

I wonder 'til I'm wide awake

And now I'm pacing back and forth

Wishing you were at my door

I'd open up and you would say, "Hey,

It was enchanting to meet you,

All I know is I was enchanted to meet you."

Wow! Is that really Shree I am seeing on the dance floor? Cause he is blowing me away with this passion and intimacy! Wohooo! Go Shreedevi! And Liza...My god the usual daring girl can be so graceful...I had no idea! Go Liza!

This night is flawless, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone

This is me praying that

This was the very first page

Not where the story line ends

My thoughts will echo your name

Until I see you again

These are the words I held back

As I was leaving too soon

They did some fancy moves and stunned me again. I was literally left open mouthed with the amount of love, passion, intensity, and the dancing skills! Reminds me of when Romeo first met Juliet in the Masquerade party for the first time. Hayeee!

Please don't be in love with someone else

Please don't have somebody waiting on you

This night is flawless, don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone

As the dance ended I had tears of Joy in my eyes. My best friends had found their right partners for life. I was so glad. Good thing I had a mask on warna meri make up ka kachara ho jata. Kya karroon khabhi khabhi emotion control nahi hota na! Sento fools we are afterall na!

The music stopped and I think I was the only one clapping so hard that my hands went red and I even whistled a couple of times! I am surprising myself day by day. I chuckled inside my mind at my own statement. Well I wasn't the only one doing these things the audience erupted with applause and whistles! Reaction to an action. Shreedevi you have become famous for your dancing skills officially. Hats off!

As the rule followed the couple had to remove their masks for the "surprise." I didn't think Shree or Liza needed to do that but still just for the fun of it they did and I think if the audience could clap any louder they did! I was smiling like an idiot towards them. And they most unexpected things happened!

THEY HUGGED! They freak in hugged!

Cha ching!

Now I literally couldn't hold myself. I ran up to them and engulfed their already hugging forms into an even bigger hug! God I was so happy!  They were surprised but initially they hugged back!

"Mukherjee aaj teri wajah se life ban gayi yaar. Thank you"

"Uff! Dosti mein no sorry no thankyou! First rule hota hai! Bhulna mat"

"No Riya seriously Thankyou!," Liza said with a smile.

"Oh god now stop it both of you! Let's just say Mukherjee ne mila di Jodi okay?!"

The laughed and hugged me again! Friends I tell you...they never fail you. And mere paas to itne pagal aur kamine dosst hai ki Life boring hi nahi hoti. I hope they all stay happy forever! Wherever the others I hope you all stay safe and happy forever Love you all!

"I love you guys"

"We love you too Ri, we love you too"

It just felt good to be so loved! Trust me it's an awesome feeling. If only he would also understand...

"C'mon Mukherjee let's go have some of your Aquila shots as a celebration shall we?"

"After you sir...Maam.."

We all smiled and headed to the bar.

To be continued...

So How was it? Good? Bad? Do like and leave a comment! 

I'll give you a little background story about the party so you peeps have a clear understanding of it. It's a masquerade party organized by the department for the officers to enjoy a day off for all their hard work. Arjun is the He being referred to here and he is present in the party as well. Riya loves him but is hesitant to confess her love. So she is doing what she is best it. Giving love to others and this is what made Shree and Liza realize there love! Mukherjee ne mill di jodi! *wohooo* 

hehe! 

Hope you all liked it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

the second part will come soon! depending on the homework I have๐Ÿค”

Till then Love you all ๐Ÿค—and laters! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edited by Live-life - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saritak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
super
great update
love it
cont soon
Edited by khemanisarita - 10 years ago
KReyAS thumbnail
its awsom dear 
loved it
Live-life thumbnail

Originally posted by: KReyAS

its awsom dear 

loved it

Thank you! 
Glad you liked it! 
๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thanks for commenting!

Live-life thumbnail

Originally posted by: jia03

Awesome ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thankyou! 
๐Ÿ˜ƒ
saritak thumbnail
awesome start
love it
cont soon
Live-life thumbnail

Originally posted by: khemanisarita

awesome start
love it
cont soon

Thank you Di! 
Glad you liked it! 
๐Ÿ˜ƒ
but you resed previously?

saritak thumbnail

Originally posted by: Live-life

Thank you Di! 
Glad you liked it! 
๐Ÿ˜ƒ
but you resed previously?

i forget i res ab me kya karo can u tell me us re ka
Live-life thumbnail

Originally posted by: khemanisarita

i forget i res ab me kya karo can u tell me us re ka

umm...I don't know! 
๐Ÿ˜† koi nahi double bar comment car do! 
meri liye to fayada hi hua na!
hehe

re123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yee nabi dear๐Ÿค—!!!
 i didnt know u r a writer ...u suprised me๐Ÿ˜›
oh...this one is so long part dear...
romeo and juliet.๐Ÿ˜ณ..first i though it would be arjun and riya...but it was surprise shree and liza๐Ÿ˜‰
loved conversation bw riya & shree...yaa i used to like their friendship ..specially hw she used to share feelings about arjun haa...one thing khados kabi nahi sudar sakata ๐Ÿ˜†...
shree itna acha dancer haa...passionate moves .yee toh nahi woh dream mein dance kar rah hai๐Ÿ˜†..loved the way  u wrote that part๐Ÿ˜‰
loved the way she played  cupid fr them...and mukherjee ne mila di jodi...haa hw sweet
ab u make  arjun and riya close ... i didnt know hw..yaa difficult hai.๐Ÿ˜†..kuch bhi kar๐Ÿ˜‰

ur OS is wonderful dear๐Ÿ‘
do continue...
thanks fr pm...
it is pleasure to read ur write up...and mera request naa bulana ...i would be waiting fr that one๐Ÿ˜ƒ
i know it is long comment๐Ÿ˜†...fr long part u deserves this๐Ÿ˜›
๐Ÿค—

Edited by re123 - 10 years ago