Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Archanapajit

Medha I dont have much info about vrishaketu..i've read he did helped in wars with babruvahana and alsonduring Rajsuy..but i've heard that he died when pandavas left for heaven..dont know how?

if you hav any source to read about him,please share with me too

I usually read that he survived the war, makes it sound like he took part in it too but that is just me guessing.
He was one of the 7 sons(?) of the first wife.

He went against Bavru during the Ashwamedha war and died, and was revived by Krishna with the naagmani.Though i could be wrong.

And he was married to king Yavnatha's daughter during the Ashwamedha Camp.. Arjuna ( and Krishna)developed great affection for him and trained him to become a great Archer. He was the last mortal on the earth who knew how to use Brahmastra, Varunastra, agniastra and vayuastra.

"Vrishaketu, son of Karna, fought on the side of Kauravas, but became very close to the Pandavas after the war. Later during the time of Pandava's Aswamedha Yaga, he fought alongside Arjuna against Babhruvahana."

-Archu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
frappie ,i've read it in a slightly,different way ..
Krishna was also equally fond of Vrishaketu and he gave rebirth to him before Arjun.
It was the nagmani which saved their lives..
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Archanapajit

frappie ,i've read it in a slightly,different way ..

Krishna was also equally fond of Vrishaketu and he gave rebirth to him before Arjun.
It was the nagmani which saved their lives..

yes dear Krishna was also fond of him but as i said i was telling according to brcs version of xtended mb yes mruth sanjeevani is nothing but nagamani which is also called mruthsanjeevani because it could get dead ones alive which the naga princess uloopi possessed and she used it for saving her darling hubby it was brought from nagalok after a lot of expedition and adventure by the warrior bhabru that was under guidance of Krishna and he brought back his dear parth to life and then Arjun urged for vrishketus life ( acc to brc as i said i may b wrong aswell)
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
felt very heart touching..plzz continue ..want to know more..
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
very interesting please write more
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
One correction here - Vrishaketu had nothing to do w/ the Rajasuya yagna, only the Ashwamedha. Rajasuya happened when the Pandavas ruled Indraprastha, while Ashwamedha happened after the war.

Also, it's very unlikely that Vrishaketu fought in the Kurukshetra war, or else, on day 18, he too would have been killed by Nakul like 3 of his brothers.
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
rekha.366 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
very nice and heart touching loved it
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thank you archana , plz continue soon , i am eager to know see u don't have to remember which version says what u r not going to extend it to ashwamedha yaggya so write what u want u r very good writer
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

One correction here - Vrishaketu had nothing to do w/ the Rajasuya yagna, only the Ashwamedha. Rajasuya happened when the Pandavas ruled Indraprastha, while Ashwamedha happened after the war.

Also, it's very unlikely that Vrishaketu fought in the Kurukshetra war, or else, on day 18, he too would have been killed by Nakul like 3 of his brothers.

sry i actually meant ashwamedha only thanks for correcting
-Archu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Patrarekha

thank you archana , plz continue soon , i am eager to know see u don't have to remember which version says what u r not going to extend it to ashwamedha yaggya so write what u want u r very good writer

thnx dear..😃..Since i dint know that much about Vrishketu..I took the freedom to write that he dint take part in the kurukshetra war at all..
😛