Vrishketu:How did Karna's son become Arjun's ally??(Part 4:page 11)

-Archu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
😃Hii friends ,the story is all about the warm relationship between Arjun and Vrishaketu ,the only son of Karna remaining alive after the war..
It was the day in which his life filled with darkness.Till the day before he slept with head on his mother's lap ,hearing the stories of his brave father ,whom he believed the unconquerable warrior of Aryavartha.
On that cursed day everything went upside down.He lost his father in the war. His elder brothers were also killed brutally by the enemies.His mother who was his last resort did sati in his father 's funeral pyre.If it was not for his granda ma,he would have also jumped into the fire along with his mother.
All of a sudden Vrishketu felt the painfull loneliness.He consoled his grandma ,and tried his best not to cry in her presence.It was too much pressure to handle for a twelve year old..He wanted to face the person who had killed his father so badly ,revenge was burning like poison in his mind..He heard from his grandpa that the war has ended and the opposition of his father won the war.
Vrishaketu went to the riverside where his father used to spend hours praying to Surya Narayan .He took a handfull of water ,keeping the most admirable figure of his father in mind he did tharpan.Opening eyelids he stared at the round figure of God Sun.There were a lot of questions reflecting in his eyes.Unable to face his innocent gaze ,Sun went to hide under the water.
Vrishketu saw one figure approaching the riverside..It must be another person who lost everything in the war he thought.The person came near him..Vrishaketu had never seen the person before ..He couldnt understand why the face seemed familiar to him.The stranger smiled at him.

The smile...He had rarely seen his father smiling.He used to be a loving father ,but strict at the same time.He recollected the moment once he saw his father at the riverside with a gloomy face,father was literally crying back then . Vrishketu told his father that he would kill all his father's enemies and will make him smile.Father gave him a wet smile then..He felt that very strange,how this unknown person's smile did remind him of his father's!!
Looking deeply into his eyes the person spoke to him.." Son ,I came here searching for you.."he paused there as if struggling to get proper words to continue.."Do I know you?Your face seems very familiar to me.I thoght you also came here to do tharpan for your lost relatives ... Oh ,Iam Sorry...why do I think that everyone are like me!!" Vrishketu looked at him eager to hear why did the person came looking for him..
" Son ,I am also like you..I lost my relatives in the war.Including My Jyeshth Bhrata...But the only difference between us is that I had to kill him with these cursed hands and now Iam doing tharpan with the same hands..It is absolutely meaningless.." The person broke down into tears..Vrishketu felt the situation very similar to that when he met his crying father at the riverside..Why this person is reminding of his father again and again.The thought was really disturbing..
"Why did you have to kill your brother ,If you were in such a situation you could have sacrificed your life for him!!I would have done that if I were there in your place.."Vrishketu felt confused..
"I would have happily sacrificed my life for him ,but I didnt knew that my son..I didnt knew that he was my brother.I am not defending myself..I have always seen him with my enemies from my childhood.. I counted him as the most dangerous enemy and spent a hell lot of time thinking only about his death.."The person fell down on his knees,tears falling down from his eyes..
Vrishketu saw the repentence in his eyes..He felt extremely sorry for the person.He put one palm on his shoulder.
"Dont worry ,I dont know you or your brother..But iam pretty sure about one thing that he would forgive you..You didnt do it on purpose."Saying that he turned away from the person and about to walk in the direction of his house..Suddenly the thought occured to him.He felt an urge to know the identity of the person..
"May I know your name?"The person stood up and placed one hand gently on Vrishketu and hugged him closely.."Forgive me my son, Your father Maharathi Karn is my Jyeshth Bhrata."
Vrishketu was shocked.His whole body was shaking.The person whom he wanted to kill ,is standing there asking for his forgiveness..He seperated himself from Arjun's hug in a haste..He couldnt utter a single word..Giving a dark look to Arjun the child ran back to his house..
To be continued...
Edited by -Archu- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Aww.. beautiful dear...wish to read more on Arjun-Vrishketu bond...how son forgave his father's killer..
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh son, please edit the title.
Thank you, this is beautiful.
Also, Vrishketu died during Ashwamedha Yajna in war?😕
Edited by Medha.S - 10 years ago
-Archu- thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

wish to read more on Arjun-Vrishketu bond...how son forgave his father's killer..

thnx yar Ritu..i thought of finishing it in one part..
But when started ,I felt Arjun and Vrishketu had a very long story than i thought..will try to complete the story in next update..
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Arjun is such a humble and decent person i love the way u described his repentance i know vrishketu would love him and adore him like his own father and so would Arjun or rather i would say he cared for him more than his own most adorable warrior son Abhimanyu lovely post pls continue
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: frappie

Arjun is such a humble and decent person i love the way u described his repentance i know vrishketu would love him and adore him like his own father and so would Arjun or rather i would say he cared for him more than his own most adorable warrior son Abhimanyu lovely post pls continue

That is just sad but hopeful 😭 One is son-less, other is Papa-less. Lets see how they fill the emptiness in each others lives.
-Archu- thumbnail
Medha I dont have much info about vrishaketu..i've read he did helped in wars with babruvahana and alsonduring Rajsuy..but i've heard that he died when pandavas left for heaven..dont know how?
if you hav any source to read about him,please share with me too
-Archu- thumbnail
Frappie thnx for liking it..
-Archu- thumbnail
The story is dedicated to Jhum ,who told me about Vrishaketu..and wished to read about how Karna 's son become an ally of his father 's killer..
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@medha and Archana as far i know according to brc's version of xtended mb Arjun and vrishketu bonded and as usual there was conquest for ashwamedha and the first name that comes to conquer is obviously our parantapaa parth and he asked vrishketu to join and due to the curse of ganga to Arjun to be killed by his own kith and kin Arjun was killed by bhabhruvahana chitrangada's son and so was vrishketu but they became alive because of super intelligent Krishna and with the help of mrutha sanjeevani by uloopi and Arjun requested to bring back vrishketu aswell because he found it vulnerable to stay without him as he was the only loving memory of his departed dear brother( i am sry if i am wrong )
Edited by frappie - 10 years ago